New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

inluvwithbeast

Mrs. Potts is now "Storybook Treats" as to not confuse it when the new Beauty and the Beast area opens. "Tortuga Tavern" is coming soon to Adventureland!!!! Thank you POTC:4!!!

Is it now? Without any offense taken... may I ask for a source? That is something I have not heard yet, and I'm curious.

Dad 2 M & M

One belief was that the track would be covered (as it's not too high) and the floor of the Princess meet and greet would be above the track. Having said that, I can't imagine it would be too difficult to remove that track, and put it back several years down the road.
Does anyone know when Snow White will close? My apologies if I missed this.

jumblue

I know it's been said the concept art is made to catch people's attention, so some of the details might not match with the final product or plans...

But does the Teacups' roof look a little Parisian to any of you?

Ignohippo

This all looks amazing! I am kind of sad to see SWSA go but I know that the princesses need a new home and I have always found it strange that the princess m&g was in Toontown.

Do we know which princesses are going to be in there?

I would guess that Cinderella and Aurora would be in there but doing what they say they are going to do seems to be a bit much for only two princesses.

I know that Belle's M&G is going to be in her village, Ariel's is going to be in her new Grotto, and my guess is that Snow White is going to have a m&g near the SDMC. I would asume they are going to keep Rapunzel where she is now and Tiana were see is.

So all that leaves for princesses is Jasmin........:veryconfu

Aurora, Cinderella, Tiana and Rapunzel were mentioned in the press release. Rumors have said that Rapunzel may end up getting her own area though. Jasmine normally meets in Adventureland but maybe she'll make appearances here from time to time.

Neverland

I know it's been said the concept art is made to catch people's attention, so some of the details might not match with the final product or plans...

But does the Teacups' roof look a little Parisian to any of you?

It's definitely the Paris roof, but that's been in that piece of art from the beginning. The teacups just got a new roof built two months ago, so it's unlikely that we'll be getting the Paris roof. :( Not to mention that the glass (or plexiglass, not sure what it is) roof would not do well in Florida weather. Those panes would be nasty and beat up after a while.

Aurora, Cinderella, Tiana and Rapunzel were mentioned in the press release. Rumors have said that Rapunzel may end up getting her own area though. Jasmine normally meets in Adventureland but maybe she'll make appearances here from time to time.

The only thing that upsets me about that is that they're only mentioning princesses. I honestly enjoy interacting with Prince Naveen and Flynn Rider much more than I do with Tiana or Rapunzel. Prince Naveen is my absolute favorite character to go visit; he's hilarious. :) And if Jasmine starts meeting in Fantasyland, and all the princesses are prince-less, does that mean no Aladdin? Or Aladdin in Adventureland? It seems odd to have two halves of a royal couple meeting in different places, but they can't have Jasmine without Aladdin. Jasmine is a supporting character in Aladdin's movie.

jmuboy

Overall I am very pleased with the new 2.0 version of FL. In terms of attractions and themes, this new version has much broader appeal. Additionally, the look of Fantasyland is going to be so much more "green" and will give you a sense of place. More than the bland castle facade and tent theme we have now.

I'm a little disappointed to see our dark ride count drop by one. However, it will be one more reason the DL vs WDW Fantasylands are unique.

I'm really curious about what's going into those tents over in the Circus area. I assume one will remain retail. One is currently a meet and greet. Maybe it will remain as such? That would leave three LARGE meet/greet areas (two in FL with the tent and Fairy tale Hall) and then the Expo Hall for the Fab 5 on Main St. Details on this area were still a little vague so maybe they are still working through what ideas could go into those tents. Plus, there is mentioned a water play area in this section. But I don't see it in the official announcement.

Then there is the Judges Tent, which looks like it's completely gone and replaced with a new tent.

Still surprised that it APPEARS the old TTF tents will be reused and not torn down and rebuilt.

Tom

Beta Return
Overall I am very pleased with the new 2.0 version of FL. In terms of attractions and themes, this new version has much broader appeal. Additionally, the look of Fantasyland is going to be so much more "green" and will give you a sense of place. More than the bland castle facade and tent theme we have now.

I'm a little disappointed to see our dark ride count drop by one. However, it will be one more reason the DL vs WDW Fantasylands are unique.

I'm really curious about what's going into those tents over in the Circus area. I assume one will remain retail. One is currently a meet and greet. Maybe it will remain as such? That would leave three LARGE meet/greet areas (two in FL with the tent and Fairy tale Hall) and then the Expo Hall for the Fab 5 on Main St. Details on this area were still a little vague so maybe they are still working through what ideas could go into those tents. Plus, there is mentioned a water play area in this section. But I don't see it in the official announcement.

Then there is the Judges Tent, which looks like it's completely gone and replaced with a new tent.

Still surprised that it APPEARS the old TTF tents will be reused and not torn down and rebuilt.

I too think the new FL2.0 will look nice.

However, our dark ride count will be a wash (LM replaces SWSA), plus we'll get one more ride (7 Dwarves). Unless I'm missing something.

Alektronic

Here is a list I saw for the New Fantasyland, of course, some maybe just proposed or changes.

Chesire Cafe
Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Princess Fairytale Hall
Firehouse Express
Bonjour Village Gifts
Gaston's Tavern
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt
Triton's Treasures - Gadgets and Gizmos Aplenty
Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid

imagineer boy

This is definately a lot more satisfying. The Snow White mine ride really looks great. Although I hope its half a dark ride (like the old version) and half a mine coaster not just the latter. Heck of a lot better than some crummy meet n greets.

I'm still not enthusiastic about circus land but it looks okay. But from the concept art it looks like dueling dumbos is sort of seperate from the rest of the circus area. So why bother trashing toon town?

BTW, does anyone else notice that the prince eric statue in the concept art has a HUGE jaw?

Since there is no sign of a lift hill (and the mountain isn't tall enough) in the concept art, can we assume that the original report (from Raven I believe) that Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be a powered coaster are correct? The only other option would be launched coaster and I don't think Disney would do that on a family friendly ride.

yensid67

the Expo Hall for the Fab 5 on Main St. Details on this area were still a little vague so maybe they are still working through what ideas could go into those tents.

Here is an idea i jsut thought of for ALL the characters, incorporate then into the tents at Circusland by having the back story be that they went to the circus while it was in the forest!? They could have not even done the Expo Hall m/g and left the characters in the circus area!?

Tom

Beta Return
Since there is no sign of a lift hill (and the mountain isn't tall enough) in the concept art, can we assume that the original report (from Raven I believe) that Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will be a powered coaster are correct? The only other option would be launched coaster and I don't think Disney would do that on a family friendly ride.

I presume it will have some sort of onboard power source, but probably not enough to drive it.

They keep saying it will have "swinging" cars (which isn't the right term, it would be "rocking" or "swaying" since they're not suspended from above), and Eric said in his interview with Deb that the cars will react to the scenes (ala Dinosaur, I'm guessing). That means they'll probably use pneumatics or hydraulics to control the side-to-side swaying of the cars. Thus, requiring onboard power. They'll probably recharge at the station like several other rides.

As for the propulsion, you can generate quite a bit of energy with gradual slopes. As long as they keep the track angled downward slightly in flat areas (like if they stop the train at show scenes), the brakes can release and it will roll forward, down a slight hill, and pick up enough momentum to make a few fun moves. Maybe a small chain here and there, just to bring it up 10-15'

Neverland

Here is a list I saw for the New Fantasyland, of course, some maybe just proposed or changes.

Chesire Cafe
Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Princess Fairytale Hall
Firehouse Express
Bonjour Village Gifts
Gaston's Tavern
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt
Triton's Treasures - Gadgets and Gizmos Aplenty
Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid

I haven't heard of that one before. An Alice in Wonderland restaurant?? That would be too cool! :sohappy: And I hadn't heard of Firehouse Express either, but I assume it'll be in the circus area.

WishIwasThere

Jasmine can be found over in Morrocco with Alladin.

Regarding gaining or loosing rides...just remember that has lost more rides since the 1970's than gained in Fantasyland. We are just now getting the replacement for 20,000 leagues and still have an empty skyway house at one end, to remind us of that ride.

Rob562

I presume it will have some sort of onboard power source, but probably not enough to drive it.

They keep saying it will have "swinging" cars (which isn't the right term, it would be "rocking" or "swaying" since they're not suspended from above), and Eric said in his interview with Deb that the cars will react to the scenes (ala Dinosaur, I'm guessing). That means they'll probably use pneumatics or hydraulics to control the side-to-side swaying of the cars. Thus, requiring onboard power. They'll probably recharge at the station like several other rides.

Look at my post a page or two ago, where I speculated it might be a system based on the Arrow/S&S Power "4D coaster" which does not require on-board power at all, as the rotation is strictly controlled by the design of the track (by varying the elevation of the "control" rails relative to the main running/weight-support rails, the cars rotate the riders around an axis).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_Dimension_roller_coaster

The coaster cars, as used on X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain, are at the basic core high-speed Omnimover cars.

And I may be mis-remembering, but I vaguely remember reading something from a reliable source here on the forums a year or three ago that Disney was looking into the 4D Coaster technology for a project, but that it wouldn't be for anything as high-speed or thrilling as its use in X2. I'll have to do a forum search tonight when I have some extra time.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom