New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

Here is a list I saw for the New Fantasyland, of course, some maybe just proposed or changes.

Cheshire Cafe
Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Princess Fairytale Hall
Firehouse Express
Bonjour Village Gifts
Gaston's Tavern
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt
Triton's Treasures - Gadgets and Gizmos Aplenty
Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid

That sounds amazing! Where is it going? Is it going to replace the Enchanted Grove stand or is it going to be a new cafe. Either way, if this is true, I think I might have a new favorite quick food place in the MK :D

T-1MILLION

Will any old SWSA elements/props be recycled for the mine train?

Quite possibly. I would not doubt it anyway, but I am just speculating. I know nothing.

The bummer part for me is it seems they took the forces of evil out of it such as the Wicked Queen and old Hag elements out. So it is not really telling the 'story' so much of Snow White as Disney PR claimed "We found a new way to tell the story"

At least as far as we can see. Hopefully that stuff pops up in more concept art. As of right now and with the description it does not sound like it.

Neverland

The bummer part for me is it seems they took the forces of evil out of it such as the Wicked Queen and old Hag elements out. So it is not really telling the 'story' so much of Snow White as Disney PR claimed "We found a new way to tell the story"

Honestly, it's those elements that make SWSA a non-girly ride. They're building the mine ride to make Fantasyland more little boy-friendly, but I see more little boys liking SWSA than little girls. Boys like that it's scary and action-y.

BriEcho3194

I know people have said thank you before but...

THANK YOU LEE! RAVEN AND JUAN! You guys did tell us five months ago and I did believe that was happening and I had no problem with it! i loved the idea! And now seeing it....I am so happy! Lets hope the execution of it is amazing! I am sad to see a ride go but it's better then M+G wasting land lol And placing a smaller M+G where SWSA used to be was a smart move so kudos!

The storybook circus area seems a bit...eh to me but I think it will be good! I wish we could have seen a VILLANS RIDE! Give the bad guys some love! But still! Hopefully somewhere down the line we will see another ride be built where the Circus is now or not. I am very sad not to see a Alice in Wonderland ride but who knows lol I am still very pleased! Great job! :sohappy:

fireworkz

I haven't heard of that one before. An Alice in Wonderland restaurant?? That would be too cool! :sohappy: And I hadn't heard of Firehouse Express either, but I assume it'll be in the circus area.

I have a feeling the Cheshire Cafe will be located where the Enchanted Grove currently sits. That could mean it simply gets the "Mrs. Pott's" treatment, with a facelift to it's facade and maybe a new menu. (Isn't Enchanted Grove just about the only part of "old" FL that's hasn't received a Facade update yet?) It could also be a more major upgrade? After all it could take over Fairytale Garden for extra seating, Belle isn't going to use it anymore for storytime (but the Stepsisters won't like it!)

The thing I would love to see is them do is the Mickey's Madhouse concept from the 70's Circusland proposal for DL. Cross that idea with some Epic Mickey and that would make a great dark ride addition down the road!

Animaniac93-98

it seems they took the forces of evil out of it such as the Wicked Queen and old Hag elements out.

I'd love for the new ride to feature things like the forest and dungeon sections of SWSA too, but I doubt they'd be included in this experience intended to be family friendly.

That's fine by me though if the ride is as good as it looks from the concept art released.

I have a feeling the Cheshire Cafe will be located where the Enchanted Grove currently sits. That could mean it simply gets the "Mrs. Pott's" treatment, with a facelift to it's facade and maybe a new menu.

I would agree with this, especially given its location near the teacups.

Atomicmickey

Cut, adjusted, cleaned up, enhanced the interior rendering from the Kevin Yee post.

Enjoy!

interiorminecar.jpg

T-1MILLION

Honestly, it's those elements that make SWSA a non-girly ride. They're building the mine ride to make Fantasyland more little boy-friendly, but I see more little boys liking SWSA than little girls. Boys like that it's scary and action-y.

Exactly. That is why I see not including the sense of spooky adventure out of it as a step backwards..hopefully art will pop up with those elements in it.

steamboat_tyler

Very happy about the new Dwarf mine coaster. It's always sad to see an attraction go, but it would be kind of pointless to have two identical rides right by eachother. I was hoping they could have put another dark ride in its spot, such as maybe a Lady in the Tramp or Aladdin type ride.

Crazy Harry

Hey, I just thought about something, we now have another attraction to talk about riding at night!! I have a feeling it will be pretty awesome.

MiklCraw4d

I can answer that honestly. Nothing planned as of now.

(Speaking of what might go into SWSA if the Meet and Greet is ever replaced)

Do you know if there's any truth to the original rumors - well predating the 2009 FLE announcement - that SWSA was going to be replaced by a Beauty and the Beast dark ride when the Mine Train was built? At least that was what was circulating way back when.

SeaCastle

(Speaking of what might go into SWSA if the Meet and Greet is ever replaced)

Do you know if there's any truth to the original rumors - well predating the 2009 FLE announcement - that SWSA was going to be replaced by a Beauty and the Beast dark ride when the Mine Train was built? At least that was what was circulating way back when.

I'm no insider, but I believe I can answer this based on extensive reading into the subject.

From what I've gathered, the Beauty and the Beast dark ride rumor was part of a larger $700 million dollar Fantasyland re-do that was proposed, though ultimately given the budget axe.

MiklCraw4d

I'm no insider, but I believe I can answer this based on extensive reading into the subject.

From what I've gathered, the Beauty and the Beast dark ride rumor was part of a larger $700 million dollar Fantasyland re-do that was proposed, though ultimately given the budget axe.

Thanks for the info (depressing tho it is!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom