New Fantasyland details/concept drawings!

wdwmomof3

I am really getting excited about all of this and thank you all for the pictures and videos, they are awesome!! I have a question though. Is The Great Goofini, going to be the same 30 second roller coaster? From the looks of it, I want to say it's bigger and it looks like it could almost have a loop.:confused: It could be wishful thinking. :lol:

Praying for a big change, but expecting a coat of paint.:lol:

lazyboy97o

I am really getting excited about all of this and thank you all for the pictures and videos, they are awesome!! I have a question though. Is The Great Goofini, going to be the same 30 second roller coaster? From the looks of it, I want to say it's bigger and it looks like it could almost have a loop.:confused: It could be wishful thinking. :lol:

Praying for a big change, but expecting a coat of paint.:lol:
Same coaster.

JustInTime

Here is a list I saw for the New Fantasyland, of course, some maybe just proposed or changes.

Chesire Cafe
Seven Dwarves Mine Train
Princess Fairytale Hall
Firehouse Express
Bonjour Village Gifts
Gaston's Tavern
Be Our Guest Restaurant
Scuttle's Scavenger Hunt
Triton's Treasures - Gadgets and Gizmos Aplenty
Under the Sea - Journey of The Little Mermaid

Hmmm...cheshire cafe...

_Scar

Heigh ho indeed. This ride looks awesome, D-ticket or not.

What a classic :)

So, the ride vehicles... wobble? Or full spin like Crush's Coaster?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Heigh ho indeed. This ride looks awesome, D-ticket or not.

What a classic :)

So, the ride vehicles... wobble? Or full spin like Crush's Coaster?

Here's my thought, based just on the press release and concept art. You can see in this picture of a mine car from the concept art (note this one is just part of the theming and not on the track) that there is a pivot at the bottom of the bucket which would allow it to tip side to side (to dump it's load in real life). By guess is that the bucket portion will be able to rock side to side on that pivot and will simply react to the motion of the car on the track.

Minecar.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
Here's my thought, based just on the press release and concept art. You can see in this picture of a mine car from the concept art (note this one is just part of the theming and not on the track) that there is a pivot at the bottom of the bucket which would allow it to tip side to side (to dump it's load in real life). By guess is that the bucket portion will be able to rock side to side on that pivot and will simply react to the motion of the car on the track.

Minecar.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking. I feel that their choice of words as been poor. "Swinging" implied that it's suspended from above. These cars will "rock" and "sway".

I wonder if it will be natural, where they use bearings and stop-points to let the cars sway naturally based on the weight of the guests in them, or if they'll have gears or hydraulics to control them.

Being Disney, I'm guessing they'll want precise control over the movement of the cars, meaning they'd have some sort of on-board power/drive system.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
The photo that Kevin Yee posted was taken from my iPhone. The following were taken with my "good" camera. I tried to get closeups of all areas in the mural. Enjoy! By the way, I'm back in Maine where its cold....would rather be taking pics of the parks and posting them here. C'est la vie!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Its so odd, the actual dumbo ride looks almost seperate from the rest of circus land. Why bother tearing down Toon Town?

Dumbo area will actually go as far back as Minnie's house and will also take out the restroom building at the entrance to Toon Town. Obvisouly they could have found a way to keep Minnie and Mickey's house if they had wanted to but I guess they wanted to go with the cirus themed area instead.

fireworkz

Thanks for the close ups of the "master plan"! Few of interesting things in this picture. Looks like there will be a water play area near the location of the current TTF playground. Looks like it might be themed to be a Train Roundhouse (has a semi-circular shape, and the train engine appears to be a on a round platform), or could this be the Firehouse?

Also noticed there is a new building for the Train Station, but the platform structure appears to be kept from the original station. Makes sense - not only for budget, but this way the WDWRR can continue to run pretty well uninterrupted while Circusland is built as the demo/construction can be back a bit from the tracks blocked by a wall.

Finally the new tent by the Judge's Tent location is open-sided, so maybe either Carnival games, A 'Dry' Play area or is it a quick service to replace TT Farmer's Market?

NYwdwfan

Looks like there will be a water play area near the location of the current TTF playground. Looks like it might be themed to be a Train Roundhouse (has a semi-circular shape, and the train engine appears to be a on a round platform), or could this be the Firehouse?

Better picture of that area below:

jmani56

Hey I have a question about TLM undersea ride and the mine cart ride. The only info I can find on these are one-sentence descriptions. Is Mermaid just a typical dark ride, or does it have some new and exciting hook? As for the mine cart ride, is this a small coaster like BTMR, or more of a dark ride as well? Do we know if there will be scenes inside of the mines?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom