New Executive Structure?

spaceghost

Helo Lee,

Have you heard of a time frame for the other shoe to drop?

Any chance Jim MacPhee gets an even better position?

With switching Dan Cockerell and Rilous Carter do not see them changing again for awhile.

Is this move to more or less cover the Al Weiss position even though it is not actually being filled?

I'm pretty sure if he wanted to or could say more, he would. Badgering the guy isn't going to help anything.

Lee

Adventurer
And Al Lutz is a big fat liar anyway.
Strong words...
Could you provide evidence of such?

Helo Lee,

Have you heard of a time frame for the other shoe to drop?
No.
Any chance Jim MacPhee gets an even better position?
Highly doubtful. He has his hands full with Next-Gen.
With switching Dan Cockerell and Rilous Carter do not see them changing again for awhile.
Likely true.
Is this move to more or less cover the Al Weiss position even though it is not actually being filled?
Kinda.
Bolded.

TP2000

What I'm doing is waiting. There are forces at work here that have not yet become apparent. More to the story.

I'm not pleased with yesterday's events, but I'm not going to say much more until I've had time to dig deeper. Until the potential other shoe has fallen.

Thank you Lee. It sounds like Al Lutz is doing the exact same thing; digging into his sources and filtering the research to get to the full story here.

I am happy to wait while knowledgeable insiders like yourself and Al Lutz bring us some info instead of just jumping in with a two-second soundbite reaction to this news.

Even the memo from Staggs had quite a bit of additional information aside from the simple post assignments that most people seemed to jump on as the whole story. Reading the Staggs memo, this story is clearly not just about names and title changes.

Captain Neo

Leemac, a guy who works directly with WDI, is saying people in glendale are telling him it's a done deal and Disney is planning to put the parks up for sale.

SeaCastle

Leemac, a guy who works directly with WDI, is saying people in glendale are telling him it's a done deal and Disney is planning to put the parks up for sale.

Could you link to him saying this? I trust leemac, but I briefly searched the threads on LaughingPlace and couldn't find anything.

Also, is it a done deal that Disney is planning to put the parks up for sale, or is a done deal that Disney sold the parks?

Lee

Adventurer
Yes, link to that, please.

Could you link to him saying this? I trust leemac, but I briefly searched the threads on LaughingPlace and couldn't find anything.

Also, is it a done deal that Disney is planning to put the parks up for sale, or is a done deal that Disney sold the parks?
I haven't seen that from him either.
There is a rumor floating out of Flower St. that a sale has been made or is in the works to happen in the near future, but I haven't heard that from leemac. A Chinese buyer, by the way.:lookaroun

EDIT: I'm pretty sure leemac didn't say that.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I blame FSU for this entire mess....and Nick Saban......maybe even Les Miles.....but mostly FSU.

Bobby Bowden has been pulling the strings all along. It wasn't really a Saudi Prince they were meeting with, it was Bowden in mufti.....

menamechris

I love how this went from 'has been discussed but will never happen' earlier in the week - to now its a credible, serious rumor? Wild...

JustInTime

I am getting very scared. It's had to believe that Disney would get rid of the parks. I feel sick over this. It just doesn't feel right. I hope it doesn't happen. Has anyone heard anything else?

Lee

Adventurer
I love how this went from 'has been discussed but will never happen' earlier in the week - to now its a credible, serious rumor? Wild...
Still just a rumor, albeit one that is being passed around in very interesting places.

I am getting very scared. It's had to believe that Disney would get rid of the parks. I feel sick over this. It just doesn't feel right. I hope it doesn't happen. Has anyone heard anything else?
Haven't heard anything really new.
Nothing to be afraid of, really. Unlikely that a sale would do any harm, and in fact may be beneficial. If it ever were to happen.:lol:

JustInTime

Still just a rumor, albeit one that is being passed around in very interesting places.

Nothing to be afraid of, really. Unlikely that a sale would do any harm, and in fact may be beneficial. If it ever were to happen.:lol:

Ok. And I trust that judgement. And I know you will update us when you can. Thanks as always, Lee.

wedway71

I am not an expert on much of anything....but to me it does not make sense that Tom Staggs would bother with an Executive Shuffle just to sell off the parks...

Unless a new owner would leave leadership in place...

:shrug:

PirateFrank

I am not an expert on much of anything....but to me it does not make sense that Tom Staggs would bother with an Executive Shuffle just to sell off the parks...

Unless a new owner would leave leadership in place...

:shrug:

Disagree....it's not uncommon for there to be significant restructuring of human resource assets, physical and ip assets just before a sale...so that the company can retain what it wants...no different than you putting your piano or favorite furniture into storage before you sell your house...

The restructuring is actually the most frightening aspect to me, because taken with the rumor, it really suggests there's some credence to this rumor...

I'm violently sick to my stomach over this...especially if it's a Chinese entity....
!!!??!

bstiles

If a new buyer is in place they would most likely bring in their own people and thats only speculation that this chinese buyer is the OLC.

aladdin2007

Original Poster

If it were to happen, would it be like the way Tokyo has Oriental Land Co, Yet with Disney still having its hand in it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom