New Executive Structure?

bstiles

Leemac who post on another site says that these moves with meg and karl are headscratchers for him. He says karl planned on retiring once the new cruise ship is done and meg is not in all that great of health. If anybody is wondering who leemac is he currently works for WDI. The way he sees it is nothing is going to change for the most part.

Horizonsfan

Leemac who post on another site says that these moves with meg and karl are headscratchers for him. He says karl planned on retiring once the new cruise ship is done and meg is not in all that great of health. If anybody is wondering who leemac is he currently works for WDI. The way he sees it is nothing is going to change for the most part.

This is the first I've heard of Meg having health problems, can anyone shed light on what the situation is?

PalisadesPkteer

Suppose I will give my guesses.

Feel that PART of P&R will be sold off. I think the halt to Hyperion Wharf leads me to believe they want the whole thing off their hands and maybe a Chinese investor and / or Saudi Prince are willing to take it for a price.

Same with Flamingo Crossings. The roads are already built and has nothing on it. A blank canvas to which to build what investor wants. The big plus is Disney gets it off their hands. (Again Chinese and / or Saudi Prince)

A lot of talk on DVC lately. Does Disney sell rights to such property in Florida or even if other countries (China, Saudi Arabia etc) want them to sell rights to DVC in those foreign lands.

Does Iger tell us he wants out so the management changes occur?

Now that China will have 2 separate Disney properties, do they want bigger part of pie?

European or Middle Eastern investors want DCL in the Mediterranean etc?

Does Disney sell like 33% or 40% of P&R so they still have control but get major influx of $ capitol?

Captain Neo

I hate all this not knowing and I think by Lee's postings it is very clear something has happened. I keep checking back half expecting to see that the parks have been sold. Kind of like the Meg bomb that was posted yesterday. The silence everywhere speaks volumes right now. My heart wants to believe Steve that there is no chance the parks are being sold but my mind is telling me something else.

I think you will know before the parks are sold. It would be big news when word gets out that the company is putting the parks up for sale.

menamechris

Suppose I will give my guesses.

Feel that PART of P&R will be sold off. I think the halt to Hyperion Wharf leads me to believe they want the whole thing off their hands and maybe a Chinese investor and / or Saudi Prince are willing to take it for a price.

Same with Flamingo Crossings. The roads are already built and has nothing on it. A blank canvas to which to build what investor wants. The big plus is Disney gets it off their hands. (Again Chinese and / or Saudi Prince)

These would be my guesses. It does seem something is going on. But I do think a lot of the speculation may be getting a little out of hand...imo.

I have a few thoughts on this matter...

First off, selling WDW to a foreign company seems very complicated. With all of the autonomy and legal status that TWDC has to make it a reality, a sale would be much more complicated than selling an average theme park. It's almost like selling a city to a foreign investor...Seems like this would be very tough to pull off...

Second, can't say that I am in favor of this. The parks are wildly successful, and extremely popular, and I am a big fan of keeping true to Walt's vision for the parks. When you give up control, just seems like it's a slippery slope. What's next? Closing/selling WDI? I dunno. I see people's point when they say this could positively benefit the resorts, but at the same time, it just doesn't sit well. I like the idea of TWDC owning and running their parks. They have done it well for so many years now....I know, as of late, some things haven't been up to par...but all things considered, they do a tremendous job! Don't sell!!!!!

puntagordabob

Agree...selling would not be something that would make my family happy.... even my brother's family who makes two or so pilgrimages from Michigan to WDW seem to think that if the parks are sold off that they'd likely lower the priority of visiting and even sell off their DVC..... sort of a shock since he is a Lover of all things Disney!

Let us hope that this is all a complete run of paranoia and that there is nothing of substance to the rumors of Disney dumping their parks.....

WDITrent

I hope no one finds this XS-ive... ;)

5917752238_13cfe15f8a_z.jpg

JustInTime

I have heard that if the buyout does go through that there would be no more WDI. My question is why? I mean, I know it's too early to tell but wouldn't any new company need people to be able to generate ideas and create stuff too?

MerlinTheGoat

And they are not selling off the parks and that's final!

Neither you, myself, nor anyone else can prove that the resorts are for sale or not. Some random internet poster with no knowledge of the highest ups of the company isn't going to sway anyone. The more disturbing fact is that someone like Lee who DOES have connections to the company has heard these rumors internally (about a Chinese company buying it). I'm hopeful that's just a rumor. But apparently the concept of selling the resorts HAS actually passed the BoD's minds more than once, so don't be so quick to dismiss such a possibility.

I think this is still a dire situation even without the selling of the parks. Mrs Crofton needs to prove that she's more responsible in a higher position than she was in a lower position. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but her track record is against her. Hopefully the higher ups will hold her more accountable. We'll see, i'll wait and judge her performance as we go from now on.

The best thing to do is probably just wait and see. We can continue to argue left and right, but in the end, the board and people in charge are inevitably going to do whatever the heck they want. Whatever we say to them is going to have little to no effect on their decisions. Consequences could mean nothing to them if they're more interested in the short-term profitability (like many people are nowadays).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom