New E-Ticket @ Epcot for 2005

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, there is enough room for an entrance between the pavillions. They worked all that out back when the "Hollywood" pavillion was being considered for that space.

Thet's probably what they'll do.

Boy, I'm glad I'm gonna be down in August. I will even be having the occasion to be in that general backstage area. Ahhh, fortune!:D

General Grizz

Originally posted by objr
But personally I doubt that the entrance will be inside the Land Pavilion, because the land gets enough traffic as it is...adding an E-ticket in there will just create a crowd control nightmare. So I see them building an enterance in that slim space between Imagination and The Land....and I think there is enough room for two theaters (that all depends on how they position the whole thing).

Consider these things:

(1) Queueing: In order for enough queueing for an "E-Ticket" attraction, there must be lots of room. There may not be enough room for a massive queue area, as well as two theaters standing alone. Food Rocks theater, waiting room, and main queue would be an excellent spot for waiting, as well as a possible preshow.

(2) Aesthetics: If indeed Soarin' does stand alone as a pavilion, the outflowing fields of the Land would be destroyed. This would make the area a bit colder and cramped as one or two theaters AND a queue has to be built.

(3) Film: What would it be? Soarin' over...California? Probably not. "The Land" sounds the best. It could be based on air, but then it would be "Soarin' Through..." no?

Perhaps it WILL stand alone. But from what I have heard, and several other online reports seem to confirm, it will all be added (or, for Food Rocks, taken away from) to the Land. :)

Shaman

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Queueing: In order for enough queueing for an "E-Ticket" attraction, there must be lots of room. There may not be enough room for a massive queue area, as well as two theaters standing alone.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but I believe DCA's Soarin over California does not have a great huge queue area...in fact I believe its a small area infront (open air) and then just goes straight in...something like that seems like it would fit...I don't know I think that it should stand alone.

:hammer:

General Grizz

objr, I am not sure. However, knowing this would be an "E-Ticket attraction," it will have MASSIVE lines. Therefore, it needs massive queueing, you know?

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by objr
Correct me if I'm wrong...but I believe DCA's Soarin over California does not have a great huge queue area...in fact I believe its a small area infront (open air) and then just goes straight in...something like that seems like it would fit...I don't know I think that it should stand alone. :hammer:

True. It has 4 or 5 switchbacks outside, and a long corridor down the middle of the building. At the end of the corridor, it splits into two more corridors, one leading to each theatre.
It is a long queue, probably enough for EPCOT.

Alexandra

E-Ticket Ride

I'm a frequent visitor to WDW and always enjoy E-Ride nights but I am not sure what you mean by an "E-Ticket Ride." Please help, fellow Disney fans out there!

General Grizz

Welcome to the forums, Alexandra!

An E-Ticket is often times in the eyes of the beholder. It's a more popular attraction that has a "classic taste" to it specifically with the Walt Disney theme park attractions, usually "the best." :)

ImagineerFan04

Re: Re: Re: Re: New E-Ticket @ Epcot for 2005

Originally posted by CTXRover
Thanks Supermatt! Its always great to see someone new on the boards that can provide us with such great info! I have no doubt you know what's going on. Thanks again :)

I got to go with CTX on this One. Good Job and Welcome to WDWMagic. Thanks for the Info!!!!!!!!!:sohappy: :D

Well 2005 looks like a good Disney Year.
M:S-2003
MK 3-D show-2003
E:E-2005
car stunt show-2005
Sorin-2005

EPCOT is starting to turn around. Mabe an attraction in the Living Seas and future world is all set.

mandib

Well this all sounds great but would someone like to back up and tell me exactly what Soarin is? I've heard of it and think I've seen a pic but could someone go into detail! I'm a little slow here.

General Grizz

Actually, from 2005-2007, EPCOT will be going under MASSIVE changes in Future World itself. Search for "Project Gemini," and you'll find several related threads. :)

SewIn2Disney

Re: E-Ticket Ride

Originally posted by Alexandra
I'm a frequent visitor to WDW and always enjoy E-Ride nights but I am not sure what you mean by an "E-Ticket Ride." Please help, fellow Disney fans out there!

This term dates back to the days of when Disneyland first opened in CA. Instead of buying a pass to ride everything you bought a ticket book with tickets labeled A-E. The small, kiddie rides cost you one A ticket, and so forth, all the way to the bigger, more thrilling rides (think Space Mtn, Big Thunder,etc) cost you an "E" Ticket. So now, whenever Disney wants to clarify that a ride is a big-must-see-hafta-do ride, they label it an E ticket ride.

Is that clear as mud, or what? I hope that makes sence. It's kinda hard to explain.

BTW. I remember someone flying in space (I think it was Sally Ride) and calling her mission in space (no pun intended) "The ultimate E ticket ride" (referring to disney)

Buzzy989

Soarin' Over. . .Steals the Show

"Soarin' Over" certainly appears as if it will be a welcome addition to EPCOT. By presenting breathtaking vistas of our planet, it will surely amaze, inspire, and inform. Yet EPCOT, as a showplace of the unique and innovative, should certainly not receive a "cookie-cutter attraction." By presenting the current Disneyland film, the attraction may be doing something no other EPCOT attraction has done before. . . recreating an experience from another park. As a community in which the line between entertainment complex and a creative laboratory has been constantly blurred, EPCOT should host an attraction which features the same focus and technology, but with a distinct, progressive EPCOT dimension. As an experience within The Land, "Soarin'" should complement the pavilion as a whole; a replica of the Disneyland attraction, although undeniably less costly to produce, would seem awkward in a park which has thrived without "importing" attractions. All former EPCOT attractions have been uniquely tailored to enhance the park's purpose and vision. . . and I truly hope to see the EPCOT stamp on this exciting upcoming ride.

This is by no means a criticism of DCA's "Soarin'"; in fact, since Disneyland is celebrating a milestone anniversary, it holds the upper hand. Presenting the DCA version of the attraction would serve as a memorable "gift from Disneyland" that many guests would appreciate, but, over time, the attraction should transform into a true EPCOT experience. The park doesn't deserve anything less.

"Soarin'" will also accomplish one other interesting feat. . . it will be the first potentially "freestanding" attraction associated with its pavilion. By having its own entrance, "Soarin'" will redefine the notion of a world's fair-style pavilion; although part of The Land, "Soarin'" will seem divorced from the main showplace, a quality inconsistent with the aesthetic visions of EPCOT's creators. True, it would not be feasible for all guests to enter through the main doors, travel in front of the Garden Grille, and descend the escalator into a queue area. A separate attraction entrance would surely be necessary. BUT, will this detract from the effectiveness of the building's layout as we know it? If the attraction is set apart, how could this possibly bode well for and improve the central Land pavilion? Will this set the pattern for a string of "separated" attractions which will "change the entire face of EPCOT," as Project Gemini insists? These questions are idealistic, but so are both our dreams for the future and EPCOT's entire mission.

I have full confidence that the Imagineers will gracefully deal with these issues in the construction and design of The Land. After all, "Soarin'" may add to the architectural magnificence of the pavilion. But I hope that, as development progresses, we see a strong regeneration of EPCOT's core values and a rebirth of what we all yearn to envision as our future world.

ToTBellHop

How about this: Have the entrance outside, and have the exit lead into The Land, turning the Food Rocks area into both a post show area and a gift shop. Now, THAT sounds like Disney to me...

General Grizz

Originally posted by DogsRule!
How about this: Have the entrance outside, and have the exit lead into The Land, turning the Food Rocks area into both a post show area and a gift shop. Now, THAT sounds like Disney to me...

Very true! Actually, I say KEEP the animatronic theater, and exit into the Gift Shop already there! :lol: :D

*actually, if Disney DOES have the option to do this, I may get a bit mad... :animwink: ...in fact...a LOT mad! :lol: *

Wckd Queen

Well, this news makes me a happy camper :sohappy: Im actually planning my next visit for 2005. There will be so many new things to do, I wont know where to head first. Well....first I ALWAYS head to MK...but you know what I mean :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom