New E-Ticket @ Epcot for 2005

General Grizz

Originally posted by ImagineerFan04
GrizzlyHall can you tell use who your source was. I'm just interested. You don't have to give names. Just tell use if it was a cast member at a high or low level or if you got it from sombody like Jim Hill or Al on miceage.com. Just interested

The source for my LATEST message was through the internet...no one associated with Jim Hill or Al. It's not TOO reliable, however, some of the things he said supported what a much more reliable source said (again, outside of the internet), so that is why it has a small bit of credibility.

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
The source for my LATEST message was through the internet...no one associated with Jim Hill or Al. It's not TOO reliable, however, some of the things he said supported what a much more reliable source said (again, outside of the internet), so that is why it has a small bit of credibility.

ToTBellHop

All of these projects are from the Fifth Gate funding, which was about $500,000,000. Between EVEREST, a bug's land, Soarin', the stunt show, Aladdin, Mermaid Lagoon, Stitch's Alien Encounter, two new firework shows, and probably four new parades...most of that money will be used up...

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by DogsRule!
All of these projects are from the Fifth Gate funding, which was about $500,000,000. Between EVEREST, a bug's land, Soarin', the stunt show, Aladdin, Mermaid Lagoon, Stitch's Alien Encounter, two new firework shows, and probably four new parades...most of that money will be used up...

Do you have any idea what the 5 theme park is?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
There currently is no fifth park. The money being reserved for it, the fifth gate, is being used to update/renovate/add in the other parks instead of building the park. If Disney gets enough hype with these rides they will easily make back what they spend, and then the money could go back into the fifth gate. The earliest that park could open at this point is 2007 or 2008. There is really no way they could plan something like Project Gemini as well as Expedition Everest and the Motoers Action Stunt Show and not give at least 2 years to showcase some of these things. Also, I would think Disney would want to see how DisneySea does for a while before deciding on a fifth park. If it does very well, I would assume it to be a front runner. Then again, an ocean section added on to Animal Kingdom would probably be a better idea than building another animal based park in Orlando, simple because of SeaWorld and Animal Kingdom both being right there.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Thrawn
There currently is no fifth park. The money being reserved for it, the fifth gate, is being used to update/renovate/add in the other parks instead of building the park. If Disney gets enough hype with these rides they will easily make back what they spend, and then the money could go back into the fifth gate. The earliest that park could open at this point is 2007 or 2008. There is really no way they could plan something like Project Gemini as well as Expedition Everest and the Motoers Action Stunt Show and not give at least 2 years to showcase some of these things. Also, I would think Disney would want to see how DisneySea does for a while before deciding on a fifth park. If it does very well, I would assume it to be a front runner. Then again, an ocean section added on to Animal Kingdom would probably be a better idea than building another animal based park in Orlando, simple because of SeaWorld and Animal Kingdom both being right there.

DisneySea is not an animal-based park...and the fifth gate, at earliest, could BEGIN construction in 2007 or 2008...we are looking at AT LEAST 2010 before a fifth park opens...I'm more than happy with four...

jwbeck3

Two new firework shows? We know about Wishes, what is the other one?

Earlier in the thread i saw where someone asked why not put Soarin near TT and M:S, it's simple really. That is 2 major attraction on that side with basically nothing on the other side to draw people, so putting Soarin' in the Land makes sense crowd wise. Another point brought up was about WoL pavilion needing something major, i agree with that fully as well as UoE. Both attractions really don't do anything for me at all and as you can tell from my avatar i'm an Epcot fan :rolleyes: :lol:

Tim G

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
what is the e-ticket for MGM in 2005?
THE (never seen before) new Dark Ride...

LADDERS: The REVENGE

Inside the old (by then) Muppets buiding... Powered by Bollinger & Mabillard.

ToTBellHop

IllumiNations is getting redone in 2005, and Jay Rasulo has already confirmed that Aladdin is coming to wdw, probably where Beauty and the Beast currently plays.

General Grizz

Originally posted by Just A Big Kid
Earlier in the thread i saw where someone asked why not put Soarin near TT and M:S, it's simple really.

Not only this, but it would be WEAK. Adding it to the Land implies it will tie in to the themes of the Land. But to add it "randomly" as an attraction without an "ESSENCE" (each of the pavilions stands for one, and this won't be air), it would be purely weak and harmful to the strengths of EPCOT.

P.S. if this is in budget with the other 2005 attractions, is Soarin' apart from the $1,000,000,000 Gemini "account?"

ImagineerFan04

Things look like there starting to turn around for disney.:sohappy:

Epcot is getting better-mabe a new pavilion(Air,Weather?) or somthing like time racer in futur world in world showcase attractions in italy and germany then some new countries(in the next few years).

Animal Kingdom is almost there everest is a good addtion somthing else(better then a bugs land).then a new land in 2008 or so.

MGM Studios motors stunt show is good then ind adventure and exspansion across world drive before new park.

Magic Kingdom do i have to say any thing?

General Grizz

Originally posted by ImagineerFan04
Epcot is getting better-mabe a new pavilion(Air,Weather?) or somthing like time racer in futur world in world showcase attractions in italy and germany then some new countries(in the next few years).

EPCOT is getting an Air and Weather pavilion? I never heard that. I only know of (as for now) of Soarin' being put next to the Land...but it seems to be "part" of the Land and not its own pavilion.

Time Racers is the postshow to a new and different proposed Spaceship Earth...but that won't happen until 2007 or so, along with whatever else Project: Gemini leaves.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Time Racers is the postshow to a new and different proposed Spaceship Earth...but that won't happen until 2007 or so, along with whatever else Project: Gemini leaves.

2007? Not if Microsoft has anything to say about it. Need I remind you that the Walt Disney World pin event this year is at Epcot and called either Journey through Time or Travel through Time...sounds like a great time to announce Time Racer and Soarin' to me...

General Grizz

Do not forget that AT&T still sponsors Spaceship Earth - for at least one more year. Other sources indicate sponsorship will continue up to 2005. Furthermore, WDI plans have given the date "2005" for closure and "2007" as an opening, according to WESH TV. Time Racers would be the postshow, and therefore, it wouldn't necessarily be announced as big as Soarin', etc. Nothing else has indicated otherwise, from Guest Relations and several "sources." :)

AdLibSean

IllumiNations is getting redone in 2005,

WHOA!:eek: Where did you hear this. This is news to me and doesn't make much sense at all. Why change a show that will only be 6 years old that nothing is wrong with and is extremely popular. I don't think RoE's expiration date is up just quite yet is it?

Lee

Adventurer
On the Spaceship Earth front, I should have some new info on that in a couple of days at the most.

Anything going there will not even begin construction until 2005, so it isn't part of the current expansions.
Gemini won't happen all at once, folks, but over a few years (2005-?)

As for Grizzly's Land rumors, I'm doubtful. Of all the info I hear, I've never heard that.
But, ya never now.

General Grizz

Yup, Lee, that's how rumors go! :lol: Like I said, those were more unreliable rumors. The only "good sourced" ones involve Food Rocks/Soarin' and Circle of Life/Possible Coaster...but even those can always change! :)

Anyway, I believe Gemini is an EPCOT stab for the 25th Anniversary...so I believe the bulk will be ready by Oct 1, 2007. Right, if they did it all at once, there would be nowhere to go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom