New E-Ticket @ Epcot for 2005

Lee

Adventurer
There's room enough for 2, but it's tight.

I think they have to build 2. The capacity is just too low for one.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Looks like they're really starting to kick this Gemini thing into high gear.

I guess I'll wait and see how this all turns out as a finished product.

Testtrack321

WOW! Totally out of the blue!

Thank god Food Rocks is going!

I think that 2 ride systesm would fit comfortably in the current loaction without much removal.

ToTBellHop

The idea behind this version is that it will improve vastly on the capacity problem with Soarin' Over California in DCA--there, room was a VERY tight issue, tighter even than it is here. As for using the same film, I dunno...Disney is paying for Soarin' with its own money here--I would think a sponsor would gladly pick up the tab on filming a new movie, but I would like to see the California video at WDW for 2005. We already know Epcot will be the home of the 50 Year Anniversary Party for wdw, and this attraction, of course, shows Disneyland at the end. It sounds perfect to me--and maybe it could change in Spring 2007, after the 50th Celebration is over. One thing...why is wdw getting a better 50th celebration (we are getting so many awesome attractions) than Disneyland? It's their birthday, and they are getting Buzz, fireworks, and a parade...we get fireworks, several new parades, at least three new E-Ticket attractions...it'll be a good year:)

So let's see...everything but Wonders of Life has either changed in recent years or is scheduled to change...they really need to do something w/ it...(Time Racer, Soarin', Nemo in The Living Seas)

jwbeck3

Lutz also said that since Epcot is getting Soarin' that Disneyland won't get Buzz.......if this is true or not remains to be seen.

ArsonWinter

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Exactly! That's just what I was thinking!:D It could talk about the history of flight and more. The soarin attraction could be, "Soarin over the world". Just imagine. That would be cool. Picture a simulated flight over Niagra Falls, The Eiffel Tower, The Pyramids of Egypt, The Great Wall of China, The St. Louis Arch, The Grand Canyon, The Leaning Tower of Giza, and more! That would be awesome! They could also add storm rider here. It would be paerfect! I hope they do this!:sohappy:

That sounds cool, but it would be a better fit near M:S and TT.

dox

I forgot that a Nemo attraction is to be added to LIving Seas! Though I doubt it will be an ETicket attraction or even a dark ride. There is alot of contradictory rumors out there on that one...At one point it seemed Nemo was to be a new attraction and others seem to suggest they will just add Nemo elements to LS.

Definitely does seem we will be celebrating the 50th Anniv. better than DL. I just wonder what will be added to MK if anything. . .Paging LEE !

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by jwbeck3
Lutz also said that since Epcot is getting Soarin' that Disneyland won't get Buzz.......if this is true or not remains to be seen.

He's wrong.
The two resorts have seperate budgets with which to build.
Buzz is still a possibility, though approval is still pending.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by ArsonWinter
That sounds cool, but it would be a better fit near M:S and TT.

It's really packed over there...besides...they don't need all the e-tickets next to each other.

WDW John

Slight Thread Drift (non HSR)

Originally posted by dox
2005 seems like it is going to be a great year at WDW -
AK - EE
Epcot - Soarin'
MGM - Motors Stunt Show

I hate to nit pick but isn't EE supposed in 2006? Or have the plans changed?

If it's still slated for 2006 it would make more sense for an E-Ticket in MK at that time, too. Take care of Epcot and MGM in 2005 and AK and MK in 2006. Helps to break it up somewhat.

Just curious,

General Grizz

Originally posted by Fievel
It's really packed over there...besides...they don't need all the e-tickets next to each other.

Disney was potentially suggesting at one point that Mission: Space be moved closer to Test Track OR the Wonders of Life pavilion in order that a new attraction could be built to either side in the future.

But, they put it in the center, and thus it seems that a larger pavilion could not fit as easily in such a small area...Oh well.

Lee

Adventurer
Re: Slight Thread Drift (non HSR)

Originally posted by WDW John
I hate to nit pick but isn't EE supposed in 2006? Or have the plans changed?

The official line is 2006.
Joe Rhode says he's shooting for 2005.

General Grizz

CONFIRMATION #1

According to Guest Relations, construction on a new ride space will be built between the Imagination! Pavilion and the Land backstage starting in August, 2003. More prominent development will continue through the fall.

This supports the statement that this will happen just as Mission: SPACE opens. And, again, go see Food Rocks while it is open. It, and the Cranium Command (which may also be closing in the near future), are the last two sit-down Animatronic shows at Future World.

jwbeck3

Originally posted by Lee
He's wrong.
The two resorts have seperate budgets with which to build.
Buzz is still a possibility, though approval is still pending.

Thanks Lee, I am always grateful for your inside information. You have been great ever since you first told us about EE.

ToTBellHop

The Magic Kingdom is getting *something* in 2005, and it is, of course, getting the new firework spectacular this fall, along w/ PhilharMagic...I am quite impressed at how much money Disney is investing in ALL of its parks...very kewl:)

tenchu

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
CONFIRMATION #1

According to Guest Relations, construction on a new ride space will be built between the Imagination! Pavilion and the Land backstage starting in August, 2003. More prominent development will continue through the fall.

This supports the statement that this will happen just as Mission: SPACE opens. And, again, go see Food Rocks while it is open. It, and the Cranium Command (which may also be closing in the near future), are the last two sit-down Animatronic shows at EPCOT.

Looks like its happening then, but I'll be sorry to see Cranium Command go, even for a soarin' attraction.

Clemster

Just a thought if the rumor that a lot of the space in JIYI is no longer used could they use that space be for part of the soarin attraction or would that not work?

General Grizz

About JII w/Figment, it was discovered that actually the ride space that is unused is not next to the Land, but instead covered up by the Image Works or surrounded by current space. However, this has yet to be "officially" confirmed.

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Last two sit-down Animatronic shows at Epcot? Aren't we forgetting The American Adventure?

So sorry!! I meant Future World....and just fixed it. :)

Shaman

Sounds really interesting that Soarin' will finally come to Epcot. But personally I doubt that the entrance will be inside the Land Pavilion, because the land gets enough traffic as it is...adding an E-ticket in there will just create a crowd control nightmare. So I see them building an enterance in that slim space between Imagination and The Land....and I think there is enough room for two theaters (that all depends on how they position the whole thing).

On the film itself...makes perfect business sense to me....build the ride, recycle the film (label the whole thing a gift from Disneyland for the 50th Anniversary) and then after like a year and half or so come out with the actual video for the wdw version of Soarin', after a sponsor for the attraction arises.

M:S...check.....Soarin'...check.....Stormrider.............:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom