New E-Ticket @ Epcot for 2005

Clemster

Originally posted by AdLibSean
WHOA!:eek: Where did you hear this. This is news to me and doesn't make much sense at all. Why change a show that will only be 6 years old that nothing is wrong with and is extremely popular. I don't think RoE's expiration date is up just quite yet is it?

It makes sense to me, im sure between the development of RoE and 2005 technologies would have advanced allowing for an even better night time show around world showcase! (Just think even bigger and better lasers maybe!)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Originally posted by DogsRule!
could BEGIN construction in 2007 or 2008...we are looking at AT LEAST 2010 before a fifth park opens..

How do you know this? They could easily begin construction in 2005-2006. It is clearly evident that Disney is getting a lot better at keeping things secret. Starting construction somewhat close to the opening of Everest is not out of the realm of possibility. That being said, I completely and utterly doubt it will happen, I'm just saying that it is possible.

ToTBellHop

Um...easy. There is no money for the fifth park. The current additions will use up all of the fifth park funds--no money = no park. TDA isn't really being generous with this money--it's money that wdw already had in storage; it was simply approved to be used for another purpose. Thus we are getting far more than Disneyland for their birthday.

Tim G

DisneySea is not an animal-based park...and the fifth gate, at earliest, could BEGIN construction in 2007 or 2008...we are looking at AT LEAST 2010 before a fifth park opens...I'm more than happy with four...
No, no,no...
That "fifth" had to do with plans,a couple of years ago, splitting epcot in 2 halves, each with their own gates, in that way, you should have 5 parks..
But that one went (after a looong discussion) into the bin...

Lee

Adventurer
Ain't gonna be no fifth park, not anytime soon, anyway.
Studies have been done.
They have pretty much reached the saturation point at the Florida resort.
Any new parks would only cannibalize attendance from the other parks, not entice new visitors or compel guests to stay longer.
Example is AK. It's a great park, but people aren't extending their stay just because of it. They shorten their time at the other parks to work it all in.
Anything that would have gone into a new park (money, attractions, etc.) is being re-allocated to the four existing parks, mostly Epcot.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Um...easy. There is no money for the fifth park. The current additions will use up all of the fifth park funds--no money = no park. TDA isn't really being generous with this money--it's money .

TDA and "no money" LOL you have been reading too much Al Lutz! ;)

Budke

Ain't gonna be no fifth park, not anytime soon, anyway.
Studies have been done.
They have pretty much reached the saturation point at the Florida resort.
Any new parks would only cannibalize attendance from the other parks, not entice new visitors or compel guests to stay longer.
Example is AK. It's a great park, but people aren't extending their stay just because of it. They shorten their time at the other parks to work it all in.
Anything that would have gone into a new park (money, attractions, etc.) is being re-allocated to the four existing parks, mostly Epcot.

Thank you Lee for saying that so well. It became very evident after Animal Kingdom opened that Disney had hit a saturation point. Besides, with room still available at the current parks for expansion, why would the company want to invest in all the infrastructure for a new park (parking, gates, toll booths, roads...) when you could focus on building the attractions instead.

Of course, this is the same company that built a second park across from Disneyland instead of making it one giant park (ala Epcot). That would solve DCA's attendance figures pretty quick.

---

Um, ignore that last paragraph. That's not just thread drift, that's forum drift.

Lee

Adventurer
Um...easy. There is no money for the fifth park. The current additions will use up all of the fifth park funds--no money = no park. TDA isn't really being generous with this money--it's money that wdw already had in storage; it was simply approved to be used for another purpose. Thus we are getting far more than Disneyland for their birthday.

Just for clarity, TDA is Team Disney Anaheim.
They don't hold the purse strings for WDW.
(Shudder, shudder, cringe)

dox

Lee - were there ever plans for a fifth park? I'm not quite sure from your post. And if so, do you have any idea as to what some of the ideas where?

Personally, I rather see the money spent on the current parks than some new half as* half day park. Yes AK is now very nice and improving, but when it first opened what a disappointment! Given their recent track record with DCA, I'm glad there is no 5th Park.

Lee

Adventurer
There were no solid plans.
Only blue-sky ideas, like a DisneySea for WDW or a villian themed park.
Nothing ever made it into the actual planning stages to my knowledge.

Langdonj

Soarin' over CA

During a tour of M:S an Imagineer told me that Soarin' was coming, and that they would open with the California version for financial reasons, and then have a new event opening for a new version eventually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom