New E-Ticket @ Epcot for 2005

DigitalDisney

Why not put this new pavilion behind the Imagination building?

- The Land pavilion is basically about agriculture. Aviation fits into this how?
- The Land already sees a substantial amount of traffic. No need adding an E-Ticket that's only accessible through the building
- Is there enough room for all the queuing needed for an attraction of this calibre? The Soarin building at DCA has a substantial queue inside the building, and it also queues outside the building as well. And, of course, Epcot's attendance destroys DCA's attendance. :)
- If the path to the JIYI bathrooms is widened, it can easily handle the extra traffic that this new area will receive.

Also consider this option. Maybe the entrance will be exterior (the themes are vastly different), but the new pavilion may share some of the same building space as either The Land (Food Rocks) or Imagination (unused JIYI space)

Just a thought...We don't even know if this is real or not

In my opinion, MiceAge articles are useless. In one article, Al said that Buzz was a definate (it was good, reliable inside information), and now it's not happening? All the guy ever does is complain about Disneyland, DCA, and tell distorted stories about events or the future. Gee, thanks, Al!

Bagheera

Re: Soarin' Over. . .Steals the Show

Originally posted by Buzzy989 "Soarin'" will also accomplish one other interesting feat. . . it will be the first potentially "freestanding" attraction associated with its pavilion.

::ahem:: HISTA, anyone?

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by dox
EE would be new

It isn't quite new because I think it's supposed to be something like Matternhorn Bobsleds (at least the mountain)

so what do we get from Tokyo???? (assuming this rumor is true)

Maybe Mk will get from Tokyo the rumoured Indy ride?
Maybe both parks will open the new Indy coaster at the same time?
Or maybe we will have the old Indy Ride?

General Grizz

Great thoughts, Digital Disney!

Originally posted by DigitalDisney
- The Land pavilion is basically about agriculture. Aviation fits into this how?

Not necessarily aviation, but probably flying over farms, etc. similar to the scenes in Living with the Land.

Also consider this option. Maybe the entrance will be exterior (the themes are vastly different), but the new pavilion may share some of the same building space as either The Land (Food Rocks) or Imagination (unused JIYI space)

The unused JII w/F space is most likely under the current Image Works...therefore, all that can be used must be outside the show space.

In my opinion, MiceAge articles are useless. In one article, Al said that Buzz was a definate (it was good, reliable inside information), and now it's not happening? All the guy ever does is complain about Disneyland, DCA, and tell distorted stories about events or the future. Gee, thanks, Al!

Actually, Al seems to be right about it being Soarin' AND it replacing Food Rocks. I heard this story from an entirely different source.

Your other ideas are valid - and I hope they can do it with enough space! :)

ToTBellHop

Soarin' Over California mostly showcases natural resources, with a view of Los Angeles and Disneyland at the end. The rest of the ride shows ocean beaches, rivers, snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, desert--basically everything. It will fit in well in the pavillion that is home to The Circle of Life, and it will also be good for the 50th Anniversary. My only question is: will they be handing out free Disneyland Vacation Planning videos at the exit? This will basically be a commercial for Disneyland and the entire state of California--the Disney Vacation Club will probably be there talking about how you can use your points to visit each of the beautiful locales presented:)

Lee

Adventurer
My idiot self laid awake last night thinking about all this.
I concluded that putting either the entrance or exit inside the Land pavillion will be very hard to do.
This ride will draw an extremely large amount of guests.
There is no way the Land Pavillion can handle crowds of this size in its central area. It gets crowded in there already with just the queue for the boat ride and people eating.

An exterior entry/exit is the only logical answer...to me anyway.
Or was it just late?
:confused:

disneydisney

We don't know if it's confirmed yet but to me, it would make more sense to put Soarin' in the World Showcase. It would give people something to do in the World Showcase/allow for people to explore a country/draw more people to the back of the park.
Then, they could then add something like Stromrider to that side of Future World, which would be from Toyko's parks.

djmatthews

I've not been so excited since Disney anounced E.E. :sohappy: i can't really comment as I don't really know what soarin' is. But it all sounds exciting.

Ciar_j

POSSIBLE OUTCOMES for Soaring

I think that the Land’s addition of Soaring might just alter or shift the themeing of the pavilion. Since the Land’s opening there existed three main themes…..

1. Agriculture ( Listen to the Land / Living with the Land )
2. Eco Systems ( Symbiosis / Circle of Life )
3. Nutrition ( Kitchen Kabaret / Food Rocks)

It is possible with the addition of Soaring we will see the "Nutrition" theme be eliminated by removing Food Rocks, so say the rumors, and therefore supporting the Eco Systems theme. (This might be another step towards PG [Project Gemini] , where the emphasis is on "discovery" and not on "futuristic goals" or "improvement.") Gracefully flying over deserts, tropical rain forests, mountains and major cities, Soaring will give the guest the five-sensed experience of the various environments.

To also prognosticate WDI’s plan for PG I think that WDI might abandon the Rainforest Rollercoster, which was coined from Jim Hill and was place between the Land and Seas. Now if the Land has its fast thrill ride, Soaring next to JII then the forest-coaster is eliminated and therefore SUFFICIENT ROOM is available for the Air/Weather Pavillion which would house Stormrider. Thus making a happy marriage of LAND, SEA and AIR.

To continue with Soaring…….

**** DOES ANYBODY REMEMBER THE TLC SHOW EXPOSING WDI?*****

Well remember towards the end when they discussed the future plans of WDW and they showed a short of lab that had illuminated posters of the attractions of the future. One of the posters had a CGI/3D Sorcerer Mickey, which promoted Mickey’s Philharmagic, but there was also a poster near to it that showed the STATUE OF LIBERTY with the NEW YORK CITYSCAPE.

Does anybody remember this? When thinking about all the possible attractions that this could fit I can only think of two attractions that this could fit into: American Adventures and Soaring. Since there was no word about an AA update, and you would think that by now we would know, I feel that this might possibly be a part from Soaring.

What do you think?

PS. Also in the same show they showed the large animatronic roaming robot dinosaur. WHERE WILL THIS BE PLACED?

AK Dinoland? Epcot Future World / Mission Space?

Testtrack321

I've always belived that PG was dead and only three things survived from it:

-SSE change
-Soarin'
-Another update/ride

I really doubt that a Vekoma SLC would EVER come to Epcot in any form.

But has anyone speculated on another solution to this problem?

Remeber sometimes rumors are correct, just slightly mis-placed. From the location of Food Rocks, it would be impossable to have the ride next to the Living Seas. It would have to wrap around the back and then to the other side of the pavilion. Either it will be on the Imagination side, or another ride will bite the dust, mabey one that has a similar theme that isn't doing to well...

Such as The Circle of Life theater on the main floor that hosts the Lion King show. The location is perfect and is really old and dated. Could this be the location?

Jusjuice

It would be cool to have soarin in one of the countries of the WS. Sort of like circlevision. They could build one theater each in 2 countries, each with its own film, hoping the crowd would balance between the two.

In Future World, anyway, if there was an exterior entrance, it would be much more impressive if it was just the entrance, like the living seas. (not a line for standby, a line for fastpass machines, fastpass return, single rider, and all the people exiting coming out the same way) By the time you have all the different lines and exits, you don't have much of an entrance at all, at least in this tight of a space. They could even have a lobby area with a few interactive exhibits/games. I guess the only way to accomplish that is to funnel exiting riders into the land, though. (although i'm sure that would boost the land's attendance.) Too bad they'd have to get rid of food rocks to make way for the new ride, because soarin could give it a much needed attendance boost.Why don't they just give the Land a facelift- repainting, etc., so that it looks more futuristic and less 80's? They're gonna have to do it sometime anyway....that could make soarin' fit seamlessly.

Jusjuice

Re: POSSIBLE OUTCOMES for Soaring

Originally posted by Ciar_j
To also prognosticate WDI’s plan for PG I think that WDI might abandon the Rainforest Rollercoster, which was coined from Jim Hill and was place between the Land and Seas. Now if the Land has its fast thrill ride, Soaring next to JII then the forest-coaster is eliminated and therefore SUFFICIENT ROOM is available for the Air/Weather Pavillion which would house Stormrider. Thus making a happy marriage of LAND, SEA and AIR.
That would definitely make more sense than sort of throwing Soarin in wherever they have room. If they get rid of Food Rocks and /or circle of life, all the Land pavillion has is the boat ride, so they could make it the center of the whole land sea air thing.....now if they placed the entrance to soarin over to the left part of the pavillion, with some sort of lobby type area with exhibits, etc. on flight and aviation they could have the AIR part of the pavillion. The center of it all could be the LAND boat ride.....then they could add an entrance to the living SEAs over to the right side, adding a few additional things along the way..

PS. Also in the same show they showed the large animatronic roaming robot dinosaur. WHERE WILL THIS BE PLACED?

AK Dinoland? Epcot Future World / Mission Space?
I was wondering about this recently too. I remember seeing a press release from imagineering last year about this. It said that the dinosaur would debut "Spring 2003" at the disneyland resort. (no doubt in DCA to boost its attendance) Does anybody know what happened with this????:confused:

Shaman

Originally posted by Lee
My idiot self laid awake last night thinking about all this.
I concluded that putting either the entrance or exit inside the Land pavillion will be very hard to do.
This ride will draw an extremely large amount of guests.
There is no way the Land Pavillion can handle crowds of this size in its central area. It gets crowded in there already with just the queue for the boat ride and people eating.

An exterior entry/exit is the only logical answer...to me anyway.
Or was it just late?
:confused:

Thats what I've been saying all along...on the rare occasions I do go in The Land always its packed-- its the most crowded pavilion in FW. I think Soarin would fit perfectly queue/exit and ride, between JIYI and The Land, there shouldn't be a problem...after all wasn't this the very same location where the so-called "entertainment pavilion" was going to be built long before The Studios? (and that would have been where the great movie ride would have been...so why can't Soarin go independently in between the two pavilions).

Originally posted by disneydisney
...It would make more sense to put Soarin' in the World Showcase....

Actually it wouldn't because FW west isn't really attracting crowds like it use to...M:S and Test Track are on the FW east...two so called "e-tickets" causing FW to be greatly lopsided....hence Soarin in FW west....and I bet another attraction...probably a weather pavilion between the land and the living seas.

Just my opinion though...:lookaroun

meeko_33785

This sounds like more good news to me. They could clone SoC and I think it would work out just fine, but I'm hoping that they at least give us a new finale- if not an entirely new show (they have 2 years to film it; it's very possible). All in all, great news. As for Food Rocks, just in case the rumor is true, I think I'll give it a try. It doesn't look like my type of attraction, but I'm just curious about it now after hearing about the Cher fish.

DarkMeasures

I think The Land could handle Soarin' with the entrance and exit in the pavilian. They could widen the above walkways by a good amount, have more access to top and bottom and the Pavilian can hold more people. And the restaurants have very slow moving lines. Disney could integrate all of those in a larger thing so there is more room in the bottom for walkways and tables.

General Grizz

Alrighty, this I just got in from a not-as-reliable source (so don't count on this one as you would Soarin' coming and Food Rocks leaving)...buuut...

Apparently the ENTIRE Land pavilion will eventually close sometime after Mission Space opens...from what I was told from this source, after Christmas 2003. I suppose work for Soarin' would continue, along with the removal of the Circle of Life film theater/area to accomodate a possible thrill ride (from what we've heard, and from other outside sources, a type of roller coaster) next to the Living Seas.

What may be messed with are the Living with the Land boatride (updates, I suppose like 1994) and POSSIBLY the Garden Grille restaurant and the Farmer's Market...in some way.

I suppose with two "thrill" or "E-Tickets" being proposed, although one is now in the hands of Guest Relations as a definite, the Land needs more space for guests...this may call for removal of certain parts. And possibly the addition of gift shops...

I hope that if this indeed takes place soon, Wonders of Life may stay open to accomodate for guests while the Land has its rehab.

Anywho, all we know now is Soarin', but just thought I would post this not-as-definite rumor.

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Alrighty, this I just got in from a not-as-reliable source (so don't count on this one as you would Soarin' coming and Food Rocks leaving)...buuut...

Apparently the ENTIRE Land pavilion will eventually close sometime after Mission Space opens...from what I was told from this source, after Christmas 2003. I suppose work for Soarin' would continue, along with the removal of the Circle of Life film theater/area to accomodate a possible thrill ride (from what we've heard, and from other outside sources, a type of roller coaster) next to the Living Seas.

What may be messed with are the Living with the Land boatride (updates, I suppose like 1994) and POSSIBLY the Garden Grille restaurant and the Farmer's Market...in some way.

I suppose with two "thrill" or "E-Tickets" being proposed, although one is now in the hands of Guest Relations as a definite, the Land needs more space for guests...this may call for removal of certain parts. And possibly the addition of gift shops...

I hope that if this indeed takes place soon, Wonders of Life may stay open to accomodate for guests while the Land has its rehab.

Anywho, all we know now is Soarin', but just thought I would post this not-as-definite rumor.

GrizzlyHall can you tell use who your source was. I'm just interested. You don't have to give names. Just tell use if it was a cast member at a high or low level or if you got it from sombody like Jim Hill or Al on miceage.com. Just interested

djmatthews

How long do we think until Disney give us an official announcment? All these new attractions - is this the money that should have been for a fith gate?

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by djmatthews
How long do we think until Disney give us an official announcment? All these new attractions - is this the money that should have been for a fith gate?

I think it was supposed to be... There is something about it in this site...........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom