New Details Emerge on Art of Animation Hotel (2012)

_Scar

I have a friend who when he and his wife go to WDW they always stay at a Deluxe just to be able to say they stay at a Deluxe. LOL They truly only spend time in the resort to sleep. What a waste. They could stay in a Value and have the same experience.

Like I always say, all the resorts look the same when your eyes are closed.

That's their fault and their choice (although dumb imo).

If you're staying at deluxe, make sure to take time out of the day to really enjoy it instead of always doing a park.

And, I did close my eyes in the 60's section of Pop Century- but I saw wonderful arrays of colors dude. It was unlike anything I've ever seen. :lookaroun

Magenta Panther

I have a friend who when he and his wife go to WDW they always stay at a Deluxe just to be able to say they stay at a Deluxe. LOL They truly only spend time in the resort to sleep. What a waste. They could stay in a Value and have the same experience.

I'm with you. I've stayed at a Moderate and a Value, and the experiences were essentially the same so far as I'm concerned. POR was nicer to look at, but I didn't want to hang around my hotel - I wanted to visit the parks. I had just as good a time at Pop Century as I did at POR. The only way a resort would make any difference to me is if a certain resort had one of those cool new theme rooms. I'd def pay a premium to stay in the one based on the Haunted Mansion!

ChrisM

I disagree.

At the bare minimum, you have higher quality bedding, a more spacious room, and a far superior bathroom. These things are incredibly important to me. And they matter a great deal to my comfort when my eyes are closed and my ability to unwind after a day at the parks and to gear back up in preparation for a day at the parks.

Further, and I'm certain to irritate everyone by saying this, but your exposure to the general uncouth behavior from the riff-raff is significantly decreased at the more expensive resorts. Are there exceptions? Absolutely. But the Value resorts can be absolutely brutal with roving bands of louts of all ages acting like donkeys and ruining my vacation.

For some people that's not a problem. In fact, for some people they feed off of "the energy" of said behavior. And that's awesome for them. I hope they have a great experience and enjoy their stay. For me? No freaking way.

And while not exactly on point, at least at the Deluxe resorts you have a few eating options or relatively quick access to them. If you're relying on Disney transportation and you're at one of the All Star resorts it's food court or bust. After a week of that I'd probably be contemplating suicide.

Tom

Beta Return
I disagree.

At the bare minimum, you have higher quality bedding, a more spacious room, and a far superior bathroom. These things are incredibly important to me. And they matter a great deal to my comfort when my eyes are closed and my ability to unwind after a day at the parks and to gear back up in preparation for a day at the parks.

Further, and I'm certain to irritate everyone by saying this, but your exposure to the general uncouth behavior from the riff-raff is significantly decreased at the more expensive resorts. Are there exceptions? Absolutely. But the Value resorts can be absolutely brutal with roving bands of louts of all ages acting like donkeys and ruining my vacation.

For some people that's not a problem. In fact, for some people they feed off of "the energy" of said behavior. And that's awesome for them. I hope they have a great experience and enjoy their stay. For me? No freaking way.

And while not exactly on point, at least at the Deluxe resorts you have a few eating options or relatively quick access to them. If you're relying on Disney transportation and you're at one of the All Star resorts it's food court or bust. After a week of that I'd probably be contemplating suicide.

I agree with everything you said 100%

DisneyWall-E

So, in reguards to G00fyDad's post he was right that every room looks the same when your eyes are closed but the beds feel different. at least thats what I get from ChrisM's post.

Tom

Beta Return
So, in reguards to G00fyDad's post he was right that every room looks the same when your eyes are closed but the beds feel different. at least thats what I get from ChrisM's post.

It's all in how you look at things. For most of us, everything in the world looks the same with your eyes closed, so in that sense, he's right.

But for a blind person, who sees through their other 4 senses, I imagine that they "see" the significant differences between Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts.

None of the puns were intended.

trr1

Does anyone have any insider info as to when information such as floor plans will be available?
most likely they will have the same layout as ASM
here is a layout of that one
ASMFamSuitelayout.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
most likely they will have the same layout as ASM
here is a layout of that one
ASMFamSuitelayout.jpg
Half of me thinks your right the other half says they will change it. The Family suites are the way they are because they were converting existing rooms into suites. They were basically stuck with the bath rooms in their current location and configuration. With the Art of Animation resort they can create a new suite using the same relative square footage but with a different, possibly better layout.

Tom

Beta Return
Half of me thinks your right the other half says they will change it. The Family suites are the way they are because they were converting existing rooms into suites. They were basically stuck with the bath rooms in their current location and configuration. With the Art of Animation resort they can create a new suite using the same relative square footage but with a different, possibly better layout.

I would have to agree that they will use a more effecient layout for the new resort rooms.

While I agree with both of you that they will probably tweak the layout (perhaps not using the wall between two hotel rooms this time, since they have the option), I predict the restrooms will still be roughly where they are at Music.

All of the plumbing comes up in the middle of those buildings, and keeping all of the plumbing together is a major cost saver, both in construction and maintenance.

A few walls may move around, but probably not major changes to the plan (or square footages).

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While I agree with both of you that they will probably tweak the layout (perhaps not using the wall between two hotel rooms this time, since they have the option), I predict the restrooms will still be roughly where they are at Music.

All of the plumbing comes up in the middle of those buildings, and keeping all of the plumbing together is a major cost saver, both in construction and maintenance.

A few walls may move around, but probably not major changes to the plan (or square footages).
The thing that has me really undecided on this is the concept are we have seen so far. If that art is correct it looks like they will be using an interior hallway configuration. If that is the case there is almost no way to back the plumbing walls into each other. This could lead to the possibility of a completely different floor plan. On the flip side they might simply be closing in the exterior balconies and using an identical floor plan to the existing rooms. Of course that would be a pretty costly way to do things so I do not really see that happening.

What I wouldn't give for 60 seconds with those floor plans.

trr1

from what I see on bing maps there are 2 building shells in place. Those 2 could use the ASM suites layouts and the others could use a different layout or would they just tear down those shells? also what is going on to the right of pop on this map?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
from what I see on bing maps there are 2 building shells in place. Those 2 could use the ASM suites layouts and the others could use a different layout or would they just tear down thos shells?
According to the information we have there will be some standard rooms at the resort. I am assuming that the existing buildings would be used for those standard rooms.

Tom

Beta Return
The thing that has me really undecided on this is the concept are we have seen so far. If that art is correct it looks like they will be using an interior hallway configuration. If that is the case there is almost no way to back the plumbing walls into each other. This could lead to the possibility of a completely different floor plan. On the flip side they might simply be closing in the exterior balconies and using an identical floor plan to the existing rooms. Of course that would be a pretty costly way to do things so I do not really see that happening.

What I wouldn't give for 60 seconds with those floor plans.

You need to catch up on the other AA thread! :lol:

Yesterday, someone very astute pointed out that the artwork is obviously of AA's version of "Classic Hall". Good grief - I was beside myself after I realized how obvious it was...and after having argued about interior corridors for pages.

So, with that said, seems like the guest room buildings will be the same as Pop.

I too would LOVE to see plans :)

Tom

Beta Return
from what I see on bing maps there are 2 building shells in place. Those 2 could use the ASM suites layouts and the others could use a different layout or would they just tear down those shells? also what is going on to the right of pop on this map?

Since you can see the outline of the foundations for all of the buildings, I predict they will put up buildings identical to Pop's current buildings. Interior layouts may change to accommodate slightly larger suites, but general layout will be the same.

As for the piece of ground to the east of Pop...that's a Golf Course. And for the life of me I don't know if it's an abandoned one, or one they started building and then quit. But it's definitely a golf course.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You need to catch up on the other AA thread! :lol:

Yesterday, someone very astute pointed out that the artwork is obviously of AA's version of "Classic Hall". Good grief - I was beside myself after I realized how obvious it was...and after having argued about interior corridors for pages.

So, with that said, seems like the guest room buildings will be the same as Pop.

I too would LOVE to see plans :)
Maybe I am missing something but I just don't see it. Crush looks to be on what would be the staircase/elevator section flanked by 2 sets of rooms.

pax_65

They truly only spend time in the resort to sleep. What a waste. They could stay in a Value and have the same experience.

That's assuming you can sleep. I've had some very noisy nights in value resorts. That's not elitism, just the reality that many groups choose value resorts because of the costs involved. Marching bands, football teams, cheerleaders... all having a great time for about 20 hours out of the day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom