New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

sylasink

In the Parks
Yes
I'm guessing my qualifying issue (cerebral palsy) won't be covered, but I have yet to hear of anyone else with it trying to get DAS under the new system. There's at least one person on Reddit who is going to try to get it for similar vision issues to me, which is how I always usually justified getting DAS, so if they're successful that might be an easier route...
I wish you the best of luck. I think it's a shame that so many people with valid needs are being turned away. Because CP is by nature a developmental disability, I don't see why it would be denied, considering the verbage of the new system was very specific about it being for developmental conditions. I'd suggest just trying and letting them know all your reasons for needing it, CP and your vision issues.

ditzee

Ok I'll give you that G+/ILL may have caused an uptick in DAS usage through the 944 days which then caused the need for a DAS change. However, I really don't think its as simple as G+/ILL caused DAS changes, I think it's more of an indirect relationship.

I am curious as I'm doing a thought experiment, for those that used DAS under the previous process, did the DAS system know how large your party was or did just the DAS user tap in and the rest of their party went with you? Or did everyone have to tap in?
Yes, we had to include travel party that would be in the parks with us.

Disstevefan1

Ok I'll give you that G+/ILL may have caused an uptick in DAS usage through the 944 days which then caused the need for a DAS change. However, I really don't think its as simple as G+/ILL caused DAS changes, I think it's more of an indirect relationship.

I am curious as I'm doing a thought experiment, for those that used DAS under the previous process, did the DAS system know how large your party was or did just the DAS user tap in and the rest of their party went with you? Or did everyone have to tap in?
My family member previously qualified for DAS and now does not.

In the old system, Disney knew exactly what the party is, in our case it was a total of 2 sometimes 3, and we all had to identify ourselves and scan our bands when we went to guest services to enable DAS.

Last edited:

Splash4eva

The problem was a small minority of guests were using a majority of the Lightning Lane access. That was the problem, as has been explained ad nauseum.
Hence why i said re rides are the issue. Reduce party size and get rid of pre books solves some issues which they have done. I find it funny people think lines are gonna miraculously disappear

Comped

I wish you the best of luck. I think it's a shame that so many people with valid needs are being turned away. Because CP is by nature a developmental disability, I don't see why it would be denied, considering the verbage of the new system was very specific about it being for developmental conditions. I'd suggest just trying and letting them know all your reasons for needing it, CP and your vision issues.
The problem is that I've read several other people on Reddit and elsewhere have been denied for similar muscle related issues, and told us a wheelchair or any CV which is impossible for me because of vision reasons. While the government does consider it a developmental disability, because it obviously is, I don't know if Disney and their new partners do.

Several people on Reddit have confirmed that PTSD is a qualifying condition under the new system however...

sylasink

In the Parks
Yes
The problem is that I've read several other people on Reddit and elsewhere have been denied for similar muscle related issues, and told us a wheelchair or any CV which is impossible for me because of vision reasons. While the government does consider it a developmental disability, because it obviously is, I don't know if Disney and their new partners do.

Several people on Reddit have confirmed that PTSD is a qualifying condition under the new system however...
I never even mentioned my PTSD because I figured my other conditions were qualifying enough. Ugh.

Chip Chipperson

Yep. We already know that there was abuse prior to G+/ILL rolling out because Disney already had to change the previous disability accommodations, too. G+/ILL surely made it more appealing to abusers who justified it as a "Disney hack" instead of cheating the system and/or who tried to convince themselves that they're a modern-day Robin Hood taking from the greedy rich and giving to the "needy" (who just coincidentally happened to be themselves on an expensive vacation) because "Disney is already expensive enough." But the abuse isn't new, it's just more prevalent now.

DAS is intended to accommodate only those Guests who, due to a developmental disability like autism or similar disorder, are unable to wait in a conventional queue for an extended period of time

Some of us have problems that do not fall under developmental disability like autism or similar disorder so these new rules won’t help us at all.

If the new DAS rules negatively affect you, a friend, or a family member, please let Disney know, especially if the company still does the satisfaction surveys. Those usually include a phone number at the end of the call.
I would advise some caution around the satisfaction surveys when calling in. Those surveys at least at Disney are used to rate the performance of the cast member on the phone and not the overall company. If the cast member gets a bad rating it will negatively affect their job.

ditzee

I would advise some caution around the satisfaction surveys when calling in. Those surveys at least at Disney are used to rate the performance of the cast member on the phone and not the overall company. If the cast member gets a bad rating it will negatively affect their job.
Maybe Disney doesn't do this anymore but after WDW trips, we would always get a survey about our trip satisfaction.
The only CM question was if someone did an outstanding job.

Fido Chuckwagon

The problem was a small minority of guests were using a majority of the Lightning Lane access. That was the problem, as has been explained ad nauseum.
Not just a majority of LL access, a supermajority of overall ride capacity (since so much of ride capacity is already dedicated to LL access).

Fido Chuckwagon

Hence why i said re rides are the issue. Reduce party size and get rid of pre books solves some issues which they have done. I find it funny people think lines are gonna miraculously disappear
Thinking about this in terms of a "lines" problem is wrong. It was never about the lines. It was about the capacity, and how much such a small group was using compared to everyone else. Reducing party size and getting rid of pre-books alone likely would not have been enough, at least that's the conclusion Disney came to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom