New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

RamblinWreck

Well, it's official... I was just denied my DAS. I am a Cast Member and Disney has proof of my disabilities, and they provide me accommodation while I work, but apparently the new system is so restrictive that I do not qualify for accommodations while I come in on my days off. I have POTS, Hashimoto's, a very severe skin condition, and autism.
So you have autism and still don’t qualify?

Can you eleborate?

Dan Deesnee

How about those of us who do not have neurodivergent differences but physical ones that prevent us standing in line? Won't help us even a little bit. Wonder how long until suits are filed because someone gets hurt "returning to the line"? Youtube, tik tok, X, FB, instagram, snapchat, will keep us informed and for people who enjoy watching fights, entertained.

The part of my post you quoted mentions specifically those who can't stand in line.

I didn't know what your question is.

sylasink

In the Parks
Yes
Well, it's official... I was just denied my DAS. I am a Cast Member and Disney has proof of my disabilities, and they provide me accommodation while I work, but apparently the new system is so restrictive that I do not qualify for accommodations while I come in on my days off. I have POTS, Hashimoto's, a very severe skin condition, and
So you have autism and still don’t qualify?

Can you eleborate?
I am not high support needs. I generally only melt down when my other conditions are agitated, or people touch me, and then I lose my ability to cope. They determined that I can wait in line or that I can utilize the "return to queue" feature. This doesn't help with my heat intolerance at all.

Disstevefan1

How about those of us who do not have neurodivergent differences but physical ones that prevent us standing in line? Won't help us even a little bit. Wonder how long until suits are filed because someone gets hurt "returning to the line"? Youtube, tik tok, X, FB, instagram, snapchat, will keep us informed and for people who enjoy watching fights, entertained.
I guarantee there will be incidents in queues either by previously approved DAS users attempting to use the queue and/or due to this unsupportable/ridiculous return to line thing.

ditzee

Well, it's official... I was just denied my DAS. I am a Cast Member and Disney has proof of my disabilities, and they provide me accommodation while I work, but apparently the new system is so restrictive that I do not qualify for accommodations while I come in on my days off. I have POTS, Hashimoto's, a very severe skin condition, and autism.
I'm sorry. Disney is screwing themselves.

Disstevefan1

Very bad, but this is EXACTLY what Disney WANTS to do. Just terrible.

Splash4eva

Well, it's official... I was just denied my DAS. I am a Cast Member and Disney has proof of my disabilities, and they provide me accommodation while I work, but apparently the new system is so restrictive that I do not qualify for accommodations while I come in on my days off. I have POTS, Hashimoto's, a very severe skin condition, and

I am not high support needs. I generally only melt down when my other conditions are agitated, or people touch me, and then I lose my ability to cope. They determined that I can wait in line or that I can utilize the "return to queue" feature. This doesn't help with my heat intolerance at all.
Did they get into realistic detail on how that would work or just read the official policy

sylasink

In the Parks
Yes
I'm very disappointed, my heat intolerance is a very serious symptom that they completely ignored, and they downplayed my skin condition. I will likely be speaking to my leaders at work, I understand that they can't override the status, but perhaps they will be able to give me advice on other services to help or if there is a different way to present my condition so I feel understood and properly accommodated.

ditzee

The part of my post you quoted mentions specifically those who can't stand in line.

I didn't know what your question is.

DAS is intended to accommodate only those Guests who, due to a developmental disability like autism or similar disorder, are unable to wait in a conventional queue for an extended period of time

Some of us have problems that do not fall under developmental disability like autism or similar disorder so these new rules won’t help us at all.

If the new DAS rules negatively affect you, a friend, or a family member, please let Disney know, especially if the company still does the satisfaction surveys. Those usually include a phone number at the end of the call.

Dan Deesnee

They told me to use the new "return to queue" accommodation, but I'm not sure how that works considering I typically go to the parks alone and will not have anyone holding my place in line. I also felt my heat intolerance was entirely ignored.

Part of the problem with that is likely that heat intolerance would open them up to a huge amount of abusers.

I'm very disappointed, my heat intolerance is a very serious symptom that they completely ignored, and they downplayed my skin condition. I will likely be speaking to my leaders at work, I understand that they can't override the status, but perhaps they will be able to give me advice on other services to help or if there is a different way to present my condition so I feel understood and properly accommodated.
Can I ask how it is accomodated during your normal work day?

Comped

Doesn't bode well for me then...

Disstevefan1

They told me to use the new "return to queue" accommodation, but I'm not sure how that works considering I typically go to the parks alone and will not have anyone holding my place in line. I also felt my heat intolerance was entirely ignored.
Yea, like there is no anxiety related to return to queue.

Does Disney think everyone in the queue, is nice, polite, well mannered?

Anther thing, WE KNOW there are folks in the queue HAS NO IDEA about this new rule and will think folks are just trying to skip in line.

Here's the thing, Disney just wants you to BUY GENIE+ OR ILL because its simply easer, less hassle, and makes Disney MONEY!

sylasink

In the Parks
Yes
Did they get into realistic detail on how that would work or just read the official policy
They told me to use the new "return to queue" accommodation, but I'm not sure how that works considering I typically go to the parks alone and will not have anyone holding my place in line. I also felt my heat
Can I ask how it is accomodated during your normal work day?
Of course. I am severely limited on the roles and locations I can work due to the nature of my disabilities. The company basically has a list of locations that have been determined "medically" safe for me, and I had to do a physical with a company doctor to have that list agreed upon (cannot be exposed to allergens, cannot drive company vehicles or heavy machinery that does not operate without a designated track, cannot be exposed to exhaust fumes, must have the ability to stand in the shade and by a fan if outdoors, frequent breaks, no heavy lifting/pushing/pulling). I also am permitted to carry a medical case with my epi-pens, pills, creams, inhalers, etc. I'm in one of the two roles that is considered the "most accommodating" for Cast Members with disabilities.

Splash4eva

I guarantee there will be incidents in queues either by previously approved DAS users attempting to use the queue and/or due to this unsupportable/ridiculous return to line thing.
Altho Disney is and will be the underlying factor at fault here it still gives NO guest the right to break rules berate another CM and start fights with others. Im sorry there is no justifying it. Again we know the rules now and if you cant go because of it. It will stink but its a choice people need to make. Its just a terrible position Disney is putting people in

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom