New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Splash4eva

Probably, but again, why add a third party to read documentation if they add no value to the process?
For starters majority of the liars will be gone. People who get denied no longer has a complaint because now a medical team is the one reviewing things & then disney can do like uni does determine what accommodations are needed…

Splash4eva

Possibly - it might also be that the they want the people who pay for Genie+ and/or the new system to get some value for what they're actually paying for, as well as make the line accessible for remaining DAS users, some of whom couldn't even wait in the bloated LLs prior to the changes.
Listen. I know im only 1 person but LL waits were not as bad as people have claimed sans when a ride goes down & initially comes back up granted this happens more than it should now at disney but i would say i had no waits more than 10 minutes anywhere for most part max close 15 a few times & that was a stretch. If that wait is too much than honestly i dont wanna sound mean people may need to re think where they travel bc 10 minutes is literally shorter than some ride lengths!

NotTheOne

For starters majority of the liars will be gone. People who get denied no longer has a complaint because now a medical team is the one reviewing things & then disney can do like uni does determine what accommodations are needed…
Pretty sure that IBCCES doesn't use medical people to review the documentation.

But again, from my perspective, it's a moot point because pretty much anyone can fake medical documentation, and then Disney is still having to decide.

As with a previous poster, we'll just agree to disagree on this point.

NotTheOne

Listen. I know im only 1 person but LL waits were not as bad as people have claimed sans when a ride goes down & initially comes back up granted this happens more than it should now at disney but i would say i had no waits more than 10 minutes anywhere for most part max close 15 a few times & that was a stretch. If that wait is too much than honestly i dont wanna sound mean people may need to re think where they travel bc 10 minutes is literally shorter than some ride lengths!
Your last point is interesting, since it seems that you're basically saying if the accommodation isn't useful, then people should just stay home.

To be clear, I'm not agreeing with that, it's just how I'm interpreting your post.

Splash4eva

Your last point is interesting, since it seems that you're basically saying if the accommodation isn't useful, then people should just stay home.

To be clear, I'm not agreeing with that, it's just how I'm interpreting your post.
Listen i have DAS and need it as well as my Mom when she comes… all im saying is this… if people are complaining that 10 minutes is too much what more do they want Disney and other companies to provide for them? Disney basically won that battle already w the GAC cases and its tough to say i cant wait on a 10 min LL yet be able to sit on a ride that last longer than 10 minutes… take it any way you want but at some point everyone needs to be realistic as well.

Jenny72

I don't think it's impossible to track these things, just that keeping that kind of record would be a complete violation. Remember that they'd have to keep records of behavior for both "liars" and legitimately disabled people. Would disabled people really want a record of the duration and frequency of their restroom visits, the nature and severity of their panic attacks? And how would those conversations go? Would the guests be challenged with the specific number of their restroom visits and a demand for an explanation?

Splash4eva

Do you really think employees and the occasional vlogger is what has bogged down the system? Again, here I go on repeat, but it's not about catching liars. If you took all the people with possible issues in a wait line, DAS would be ballooned some just handed tried yet. I don't even think it had gotten so bad it was not functioning , but WDW could see where it was going with increased numbers every year. They had to make a drastic change and change what conditions would be acceptable not just who.
Okay here me out for just a minute… its been said by insiders which we all have agreed upon about 8% of guests have DAS NOT counting their party. Lets face it that is NOT a large number i think we can agree there overall it really isnt… with that being said you weed out the liars and bs artist exaggerating their issues you can probably get that number down to say 5%. This is where the issue rises. Party size. Once you limit that to what has been discussed here eliminate the pre books you dont have a major issue where the issue lied was re rides. Trust me as a DAS user i promise you that is Your BIGGEST problem and i know im theory it would be a legal battle but they could have found a way to limit it to riding something once and not allowed until x hours later and dealt w the small drawback they may have had… but some vlogger who is posting all their videos yet claiming xyz is an issue is comical same with their own employees. It was not that not difficult. They wanted to sell more Genie it was that simple which is fine. But they didnt need to implode the system either

Ravenclaw78

Most LL's are <10 minutes or even walk-on, but I've absolutely had LL waits of 20+ minutes. Usually it's with dark rides. TSMM and IASW are the most likely of the attractions we typically use DAS at (we don't do coasters often) to have waits over 15 minutes. Frozen, Peter Pan, and Pirates sometimes hit that mark, but it's not the norm. Otherwise, it's only when a ride is running at partial capacity.

Club Cooloholic

Okay here me out for just a minute… its been said by insiders which we all have agreed upon about 8% of guests have DAS NOT counting their party. Lets face it that is NOT a large number i think we can agree there overall it really isnt… with that being said you weed out the liars and bs artist exaggerating their issues you can probably get that number down to say 5%. This is where the issue rises. Party size. Once you limit that to what has been discussed here eliminate the pre books you dont have a major issue where the issue lied was re rides. Trust me as a DAS user i promise you that is Your BIGGEST problem and i know im theory it would be a legal battle but they could have found a way to limit it to riding something once and not allowed until x hours later and dealt w the small drawback they may have had… but some vlogger who is posting all their videos yet claiming xyz is an issue is comical same with their own employees. It was not that not difficult. They wanted to sell more Genie it was that simple which is fine. But they didnt need to implode the system either
No, I think as the population ages, more adults go to Disney without children, more people are going to say they qualify. We know the numbers continue to increase.

Fido Chuckwagon

Are you talking about family members or the disabled
As has been posted elsewhere in this thread, there is a real difference between an adult with a disability (who has agency) and a child who has a disability (who does not). This is especially true for those disabilities this new system seems designed for, those with severe developmental/neurological disabilities. Disney should absolutely be giving preference to children over adults.

Many of the posters calling for Disney to expose the liars and cheaters have been the most strongly defending those with disabilities in this thread. I just find it really hard to believe that there would be support if Disney announced it was tracking DAS users and banning some. That's laughable. What if those same "cheaters" went public with a doctor's note for heat intolerance?

I continue to think the focus on "cheaters" is misleading. I think that complete scamming was a small fraction of the issues with the system, and, as a poster just said, whatever Disney managed to cut the users to, they would continue to rise. I think gaming the system or taking full advantage of it (adding several adult children or friends, having IBS that is under control but getting DAS anyway, etc.) could be considered cheating. I think Disney has managed to cut a lot of that behavior with these changes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
As has been posted elsewhere in this thread, there is a real difference between an adult with a disability (who has agency) and a child who has a disability (who does not). This is especially true for those disabilities this new system seems designed for, those with severe developmental/neurological disabilities. Disney should absolutely be giving preference to children over adults.
Those that still qualify do not outgrow their challenges

I still don't understand the term over use as you can't do more as it's still waiting the same amount of time only elsewhere
No standby guests are able to wait in other lines while waiting on a DAS return time (effectively doubling what you can ride). No other guests can stand in line while eating lunch, watching the parade, or doing any other park activities. DAS users are able to take up virtual space in "line" all day from open until close if they use the system to its max. They may well have had higher daily ride numbers than those with G+.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Then use more familiar terminology: hourly ride capacity. Standby is easy: first in first out or FIFO. Lightning lane is an easy add on where you schedule (or make available for selection in an app) a percentage of that capacity for paying customers. The former DAS was an unscheduled amount of hourly capacity removed from standby accessibility.
Please explain it to me like I'm stupid because I still don't get it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom