New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Splash4eva

With the small number of guests that would actually get a better guest experience out of this, yeah, not worth the effort, IMO.

Also, be careful what you ask for (you in the general sense)...if Disney were to have this in place, they could easily (and I would argue should) utilize it to keep DAS holders from going into a standby queue while holding a return time.
Disney already has made it clear thats riding while waiting is perfectly fine even with these latest changes and are people really that bent out of shape over LEGIT DAS holders say walking or waiting 10 minutes to see Philharmagic while their 7 Ds time is up or catching CoP while waiting to ride Space… like is this having any impact on anyones trip… if anyone is even remotely thinking about this come on now. Enjoy your trip please.

Chip Chipperson

Disney already has made it clear thats riding while waiting is perfectly fine even with these latest changes and are people really that bent out of shape over LEGIT DAS holders say walking or waiting 10 minutes to see Philharmagic while their 7 Ds time is up or catching CoP while waiting to ride Space… like is this having any impact on anyones trip… if anyone is even remotely thinking about this come on now. Enjoy your trip please.
Yes, it is fine under the current system (and prior version, too). They currently have no way to police it, so it has to be okay even if they would like to eliminate it. But the arguments are all over the place. On one hand it's argued that riding B while waiting for A is fine and within the rules. On the other, it is claimed to be an infrequent thing. Yet when the subject of eliminating that privilege comes up, people get defensive. If it is used so infrequently as some would like to claim, why care about it being taken away? Also, it is one of the big things that makes lying to get DAS so appealing. It makes for a free and superior product compared to G+. If Disney is going to go through the trouble and expense of doubling the number of tapstiles at every attraction to accommodate what you deem "fair" for AQR, you can bet they're going to get their money's worth and eventually eliminate the ability to ride something else while waiting for a DAS return time.

MickeyLuv'r

Direct from WDW's webpage:
Guests utilizing DAS can enjoy many other experiences throughout Walt Disney World Resort during a DAS virtual wait, such as other rides, shows, concerts, parades and Character Greetings. They can also take a rest in a break area, get something to eat or go shopping.

Why do people posting here keep forgetting this information?

Splash4eva

Yes, it is fine under the current system (and prior version, too). They currently have no way to police it, so it has to be okay even if they would like to eliminate it. But the arguments are all over the place. On one hand it's argued that riding B while waiting for A is fine and within the rules. On the other, it is claimed to be an infrequent thing. Yet when the subject of eliminating that privilege comes up, people get defensive. If it is used so infrequently as some would like to claim, why care about it being taken away? Also, it is one of the big things that makes lying to get DAS so appealing. It makes for a free and superior product compared to G+. If Disney is going to go through the trouble and expense of doubling the number of tapstiles at every attraction to accommodate what you deem "fair" for AQR, you can bet they're going to get their money's worth and eventually eliminate the ability to ride something else while waiting for a DAS return time.
Again thats fine and your opinion and i respect that its part of what makes these convos interesting and for most part non argumentative. Would i be up in arms over it ? Absolutely not. I use Genie+ with my DAS. All im saying is this from someone who has had DAS. If Disney chose to remove walk ons basically imo its not moving any needle at all. Ive never stated it is used rarely i would definitely try and find a walk on in between my das/genie+ attractions. I just dont see how removing that “advantage” makes a difference one way or the other. As a Non DAS user are you gonna be happy about someone with a disability losing that right? Sleep better at night? Feel you had a better experience? Say okay now we are “equal” because someone saved maybe 10-15 minutes 3 times a day?!? I dont know. Maybe its me but more power to them

Chi84

Premium Member
Guests utilizing DAS can enjoy many other experiences throughout Walt Disney World Resort during a DAS virtual wait, such as other rides, shows, concerts, parades and Character Greetings. They can also take a rest in a break area, get something to eat or go shopping.

I thought we moved past that after the suggestion that DAS users be placed in large rooms while waiting.

Splash4eva

It doesnt fit the narrative they are trying to sell…

C33Mom

Does @lentesta / touring plans have anybody covering DLR? The waits at DLR right now (where it’s a pleasant 89 degrees) are unusually low (ex Space Mountain 25, which is less than LL returns can be sometimes, Mission Breakout
35, MMRR and Pirates under 20, and so forth).

Chi84

Premium Member
To me the conversations about doing something else while waiting for your DAS time, and speculating about how Disney should be handling line exits, are both similar in that they’re both fairly pointless since Disney has made it pretty clear neither are currently problems needing solving.
Many people, including posters here, have already decided Disney will not be able to handle line exits well enough to adequately accommodate people with disabilities. I hope that’s not true.

Splash4eva

What narrative is that?
Seems like any non das user basically feels das users are the enemy (forgetting the legit need for them) and basically should not be allowed to do
Anything other than booking rides via das and in between if they had their way have people stuffed in a locked room

Chip Chipperson

Who is forgetting it? I think everyone acknowdges that it is allowed. But it can also be taken away - IF Disney wants to spend the money to be able to stop it.

natatomic

I have to chuckle at people who insist the old cheaters are just gonna continue cheating but in more convoluted ways regarding the AQR/RTQ.

Listen, not every CM is that dumb and not every cheater is that smart. Way back in the paper rider swaps, CMs could very often tell who was lying. Parent one goes into the SB line with the pass in hand, parent two waits out with kid who is tall enough but just “doesn’t want to ride.” 5-10 minutes later, parent 1 exits the SB thinking they can grab parent 2 and kid and hop in the FP line. As soon as I saw that parent leave, I’d stop them and sweetly say, “oh I’ll hold on to your rider swap until you come back later!” They knew they were caught, so they’d just sheeply say, “oh, thanks…” and wouldn’t come back while I was at greeter. Maybe they tried again later, but they wasted so much time the first time, like, they could have just waited in SB and saved themselves the hassle and face. Or the guests who would just vaguely point to some lady holding a baby a few yards away acting as though that was the other part of the party, even though she wasn’t looking in our direction. I’m not saying I caught all of the liars, and I’m not saying every other CM cared enough to call them out. But I heard enough stories from fellow CMs to know that I was not alone in stopping these cheaters. And it would have to be EXHAUSTING to try cheating at every single attraction all trip long, knowing it’s a gamble. ESPECIALLY now that CMs can see what reentry passes have already been granted to them.

(And I should also say cheaters using this method were thankfully few and far between, probably due to the inherent unpredictability of success coupled with the effort involved.)

Essentially, the guests would have to be extremely sly, and it does NOT sound easy, and it definitely doesn’t sound guaranteed. I really think everyone needs to stop panicking about potential cheaters until we actually have proof of it happening at high levels.

ConfettiCupcake

When Dumbo switched locations and added the waiting room style queue I want to say there were rumblings of this coming to more attractions. Did RnRC have an experimental waiting area once or was it just rumored? Didn’t seem to pan out.

I think the last things these parks need right now is more people milling around to be honest. They don’t have enough low effort activities or places to just hang out for the most part. That’s just speaking about the general public, not DAS.

I think it’s way easier for Disney to keep DAS around than it would be to deal with the logistics and issues that would pop up with a ‘waiting room’ for each attraction.

Chip Chipperson

Same way Disney can spend the money to know how long a guest has waite in line…
Exactly. That was the point being made to you - if you got your way on that matter then it would likely lead to the other being taken away using the same tapstiles and tracking, hence another poster telling you to be careful what you wish for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom