New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Splash4eva

Exactly. That was the point being made to you - if you got your way on that matter then it would likely lead to the other being taken away using the same tapstiles and tracking, hence another poster telling you to be careful what you wish for.
And i already replied to that… it wouldnt bother me if Disney took away that “perk”. Either way removing the ability for a D list attraction thats a walk serves noone any purpose and if that was the trade off for non das users not to have the clock reset i would be TOTALLY okay with that… as ive stated im not someone who has preached give give give without giving anything back

Splash4eva

But how? Even spending millions to install touchpoints at the attraction entrances wouldn’t stop the cheaters you are worried about
Im not worried about cheaters bc since day 1 when this was announced i said cheaters are gonna cheat and liars are gonna lie. No matter what disney puts in place. Its the nature of life. Ive already loosely seen what people have said and done to be qualified during the next phase of DAS… so it took what? Less than a month?

MickeyLuv'r

Or the guests who would just vaguely point to some lady holding a baby a few yards away acting as though that was the other part of the party, even though she wasn’t looking in our direction.
Back when my family used child swap, we were periodically guilty of trying to do the smile and wave. I don't mean we cheated, but we'd mindlessly start to split up before we'd asked for a rider swap pass.

It especially happened in the area by Splash/BTMRR. The kids LOVED that little playground that used to be over that way! As soon as we were in that area, they wanted to take off running towards the slide. Like they would hop out of the stroller in flash. Everyone else would head toward BTMRR or the entrance of Splash before we'd remember we had to actually show the CM a small child. It was not easy to call them back once they got going. Of course we were always able to bring the child over, but we were sometimes guilty of trying to merely have them wave back.

They loved that little area so much!

I was the designated babysitter once when the rest of the family got stuck on Splash for well over an hour. I was bored silly, but the little ones were ecstatic they got to spend a full hour there.

Thanks for reminding me of a warm memory! (if a bit off-topic)

I agree that many cheaters are just too dumb to fool the CM's.

jaklgreen

The key is, what would happen if solo traveler or traveling with a child who isn't disabled had to leave the line? If I stand in line for 30 minutes of a 45 minute wait, and my toddler has to use the restroom, and we leave the line and get a return time for length of standby (45 minutes), then there is no issue with someone with a disability having to do the same thing.
Does the average park goer typically have to leave almost every line though? I don't think so. I know for my medical condition, anything over 20 minutes would be really pushing it for me. And then when I get flair ups, I am not going on anything for at least 90 minutes until the flair up is done. Does that sound like a typical park goer?

Chi84

Premium Member
Does the average park goer typically have to leave almost every line though? I don't think so. I know for my medical condition, anything over 20 minutes would be really pushing it for me. And then when I get flair ups, I am not going on anything for at least 90 minutes until the flair up is done. Does that sound like a typical park goer?
Do you think you're the typical DAS user?

Chip Chipperson

Im not worried about cheaters bc since day 1 when this was announced i said cheaters are gonna cheat and liars are gonna lie. No matter what disney puts in place. Its the nature of life. Ive already loosely seen what people have said and done to be qualified during the next phase of DAS… so it took what? Less than a month?
Ok, but then why were you acting so worried about cheaters when discussing AQR if you're not concerned about cheaters? I'm not following what you're trying to say.

jaklgreen

Do you think you're the typical DAS user?
I don't think that there is a typical DAS user. There are so many different disabilities and even then, everyone is different. I am probably one of the few that barely ride anything and only use DAS about 8 times over a 2 week trip and typically go solo.
I do that because that is all that my disabilities allow. I still love being there but I don't do many rides. That is why it feels personal when some act like all DAS users are hitting the E tickets over and over.
There are people that get a lot more use out of it and have much bigger groups. Then there are those in between. Can we all just remember that we are talking about real people here with real disabilities.
I have said this before, but Disney made themselves to be a place where those with disabilities could have a somewhat normal day. For many, Disney is the only amusement park where people can go because they are so good about accommodation. Can we try not to be so heartless.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I don't think that there is a typical DAS user. There are so many different disabilities and even then, everyone is different. I am probably one of the few that barely ride anything and only use DAS about 8 times over a 2 week trip and typically go solo.
I do that because that is all that my disabilities allow. I still love being there but I don't do many rides. That is why it feels personal when some act like all DAS users are hitting the E tickets over and over.
There are people that get a lot more use out of it and have much bigger groups. Then there are those in between. Can we all just remember that we are talking about real people here with real disabilities.
I have said this before, but Disney made themselves to be a place where those with disabilities could have a somewhat normal day. For many, Disney is the only amusement park where people can go because they are so good about accommodation. Can we try not to be so heartless.
Disney is far from the only park that offers accommodations and some offer even better services

Splash4eva

Ok, but then why were you acting so worried about cheaters when discussing AQR if you're not concerned about cheaters? I'm not following what you're trying to say.
Honestly i dont even know where we are at this point. All im saying is cheaters are gonna cheat and to me telling anyone who has waited in line for say 30 minutes they just lost that time when it comes to a return time is not fair…

Chi84

Premium Member
I’m not seeing a lot of heartlessness on this thread. People are trying to have a reasonable discussion about how to accommodate people with disabilities without breaking the entire system for everyone.

It’s difficult when someone looks at everything solely from their own unique point of view.

Splash4eva

You’ve said that several times. Others disagree and have repeatedly explained why. Maybe it’s okay to leave it at that.
Thats fair and as ive said everyone is entitled to their views and thats what make these convos good. They been for the most part civil … its something noone will ever agree upon i think we all can agree on that. I hope lol

jaklgreen

I’m not seeing a lot of heartlessness on this thread. People are trying to have a reasonable discussion about how to accommodate people with disabilities without breaking the entire system for everyone.

It’s difficult when someone looks at everything solely from their own unique point of view.
There is definitely a big undertone of "screw those with disabilities". Even saying that the return to queue is reasonable is a gross overstatement. Sure, it might be reasonable and doable for some, but it might not be for others. I would hope that everyone can appreciate how it feels to have these changes going into affect and being a person with disabilities, knowing that things will be a LOT harder to handle.
And you are right, it is difficult when you see things only from your own perspective. Many of us have not had our issues all of our lives so have done Disney the "typical" way. So it's not like we don't know how things work or what it is like to wait in the lines. And it has been said before, but most people would happily wait in lines if they didn't have their medical issues.

TrojanUSC

No. I think there was a massive drop in DAS use after wdw reopened from the pandemic closure, as many people with disabilities still refrained from travel for quite a while. We didn't return to a Disney park until 2022, so we'd be considered part of that "tripling" of use over the past 3 years.

Not correct, sorry. Yes some people with disabilities weren’t traveling but the lack of FP or line skip option led to the first major peak of abuse, with the second, more dramatic one, being paid LL.

Not sure if you used DAS much before the LL roll out but there was a steady stream of people in the FP line.

Angel Ariel

Not correct, sorry. Yes some people with disabilities weren’t traveling but the lack of FP or line skip option led to the first major peak of abuse, with the second, more dramatic one, being paid LL.

Not sure if you used DAS much before the LL roll out but there was a steady stream of people in the FP line.
We've used DAS since at least 2018. So yes, pre-pandemic, with both FP+ and MaxPass. The experience with both was nowhere near what it became with LL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom