New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Figgy1

Premium Member
1719149733372.png

Splash4eva

The key is, what would happen if solo traveler or traveling with a child who isn't disabled had to leave the line? If I stand in line for 30 minutes of a 45 minute wait, and my toddler has to use the restroom, and we leave the line and get a return time for length of standby (45 minutes), then there is no issue with someone with a disability having to do the same thing.
It would be unfair for you as wellā€¦ im not sure anyone has even hinted that anyone should have to reset the clock on waiting againā€¦ disabled or not.

ConfettiCupcake

It would be unfair for you as wellā€¦ im not sure anyone has even hinted that anyone should have to reset the clock on waiting againā€¦ disabled or not.

What is the alternative though? Technology is the obvious answer but that would require an entirely new set up to solve an outlier event that as far as we can tell Disney does not see as problematic. You could take people exiting at their word but that would leave it ripe for abuse when thereā€™s no requirement to leave a party member behind in line.

While sometimes a CM will assign a time thatā€™s standby length, we also have an anecdote of someone being allowed immediate entry into LL who was alone and had to exit standby.

Splash4eva

But thatā€™s exactly what happens.

People have always had to leave lines for any number of reasons and were never guaranteed credit for time waited.
Okay and again ill still stick to my statement that if thats the case it should be changed especially now that they are denying previous legit das users access to the system and this is disneys ā€œaccommodationā€

Splash4eva

What is the alternative though? Technology is the obvious answer but that would require an entirely new set up to solve an outlier event that as far as we can tell Disney does not see as problematic. You could take people exiting at their word but that would leave it ripe for abuse when thereā€™s no requirement to leave a party member behind in line.

While sometimes a CM will assign a time thatā€™s standby length, we also have an anecdote of someone being allowed immediate entry into LL who was alone and had to exit standby.
Im no IT expert and you kinda already answered the question. How hard would it be to install touch points on both sides so people can tap into a line once entering it & yes i totally understand all queue's would not be set up properly but its something they can do. Maybe even from the MDE from a gps location the same way they do with dining check in.

peter11435

Im no IT expert and you kinda already answered the question. How hard would it be to install touch points on both sides so people can tap into a line once entering it & yes i totally understand all queue's would not be set up properly but its something they can do. Maybe even from the MDE from a gps location the same way they do with dining check in.
It wouldnā€™t be hardā€¦ it would be very expensive. Although Iā€™m not really sure what it would accomplish.

peter11435

Okay and again ill still stick to my statement that if thats the case it should be changed especially now that they are denying previous legit das users access to the system and this is disneys ā€œaccommodationā€
Changed for everyone or just those who were denied das?

And again, your scenario applies to a very small demographic as the vast majority of parties have someone who can remain in line. For those instances where that is not the case, cast members will likely accommodate the best way they can.

Splash4eva

Changed for everyone or just those who were denied das?

And again, your scenario applies to a very small demographic as the vast majority of parties have someone who can remain in line. For those instances where that is not the case, cast members will likely accommodate the best way they can.
For everyone and that is also somewhat my point. This group my guess is such a small number where even if someone ā€œliedā€ about how long they were in line for. Would it really kill Disney/CM to just say okay we trust you if you said you have been in line for X amount of minutes already. Like we are splitting hairs here.

peter11435

For everyone and that is also somewhat my point. This group my guess is such a small number where even if someone ā€œliedā€ about how long they were in line for. Would it really kill Disney/CM to just say okay we trust you if you said you have been in line for X amount of minutes already. Like we are splitting hairs here.
Exactly! Thats why I said that cast members will likely accommodate. But that doesnā€™t mean it is guaranteed nor should it be.

TrainsOfDisney

Iā€™m sure it depends on the time - if someone gets in a 50 minute or less line, leaves the line, goes to use the restroom, and then comes backā€¦ I mean thatā€™s pretty close to 50 minutes and the CM can just let them on.

If itā€™s 2 hours or more then the CM might give out a return time.

Chip Chipperson

I think that you all are UNDER estimating how many will figure it out pretty quickly how to wait outside of the line. As others have said, the fakers have no moral compass. They will say that one parent is solo with a child or children so that they don't have to worry about meeting back up with the other parent. They will just return at the same time and pretend like they don't know each other. There will ALWAYS be people that scam the system. All this does is just make it harder for those with legitimate issues.
And Disney has ways of knowing who is in your travel party, so while some people may figure out ways around that it won't be the norm.

NotTheOne

Oh, I get what you're saying - I personally think restarting the standby wait time isn't a good way to handle it, although I don't know what the alternative would be. My point was simply that if that's how it works for everyone, then it certainly isn't discriminatory towards those who are disabled.

Splash4eva

Oh, I get what you're saying - I personally think restarting the standby wait time isn't a good way to handle it, although I don't know what the alternative would be. My point was simply that if that's how it works for everyone, then it certainly isn't discriminatory towards those who are disabled.
Listen as you can tell im not one that like lawsuits & crying discrimination im just stating common sense facts & good business practices here etcā€¦ we are talking Disney here & yes their name may have lost some luster but come on. Telling someone basically here you go your time meant nothing is a terrible look

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom