New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

NotTheOne

Seems like any non das user basically feels das users are the enemy (forgetting the legit need for them) and basically should not be allowed to do
Anything other than booking rides via das and in between if they had their way have people stuffed in a locked room
Enemies? Hyperbole anyone?

I certainly don't feel that DAS users are the enemy, but I do feel that some (not all, some) DAS users feel like their disability entitles them to more than it actually does.

NotTheOne

Does the average park goer typically have to leave almost every line though? I don't think so. I know for my medical condition, anything over 20 minutes would be really pushing it for me. And then when I get flair ups, I am not going on anything for at least 90 minutes until the flair up is done. Does that sound like a typical park goer?
What difference does it make? No reason why everyone leaving the, regardless of reason, shouldn't be treated the same upon return.

Splash4eva

Enemies? Hyperbole anyone?

I certainly don't feel that DAS users are the enemy, but I do feel that some (not all, some) DAS users feel like their disability entitles them to more than it actually does.
You can say that about any group & how some feel the right to entitlement tho. Listen im a DAS user & to me ive said re rides always needed to be addressed whether it be only allowing it once and possibly 2nd with only 1 other person or only allowing a re ride after a certain time has passed. Im all for changes that still provide what people need. Others werent & look now a
Good portion is now shut out. I had no issues with GAC to DAS because it still provided what was needed. I dont see the same here… im happy i was able to get this trip in before the changes went in and honestly have no plans on returning until 2026 at the earliest. Uni has my theme park money next year…

Chi84

Premium Member
There is definitely a big undertone of "screw those with disabilities". Even saying that the return to queue is reasonable is a gross overstatement. Sure, it might be reasonable and doable for some, but it might not be for others. I would hope that everyone can appreciate how it feels to have these changes going into affect and being a person with disabilities, knowing that things will be a LOT harder to handle.
And you are right, it is difficult when you see things only from your own perspective. Many of us have not had our issues all of our lives so have done Disney the "typical" way. So it's not like we don't know how things work or what it is like to wait in the lines. And it has been said before, but most people would happily wait in lines if they didn't have their medical issues.
From your posts it sounds as though getting in a queue and then returning may not work well enough. Maybe try the current accommodation and then contact Disney to tell them your situation.

But your condition may be more severe than most of the people being told to return to the queue. I really don’t know how Disney can guarantee to accommodate everyone to the extent needed without giving many people more than they needed.

It’s not about the need (that’s undeniable); it’s also about Disney being able to grant an accommodation without fundamentally altering what they’re offering (and selling) to the rest of their guests.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

From your posts it sounds as though getting in a queue and then returning may not work well enough. Maybe try the current accommodation and then contact Disney to tell them your situation.

But your condition may be more severe than most of the people being told to return to the queue. I really don’t know how Disney can guarantee to accommodate everyone to the extent needed without giving many people more than they needed.

It’s not about the need (that’s undeniable); it’s also about Disney being able to grant an accommodation without fundamentally altering what they’re offering (and selling) to the rest of their guests.
Sad part is that you know that there will be plenty of people like me that won't either know to ask for other accommodations or are too embarrassed to do so. I think that in them trying to make a better experience for everyone, that a lot of people with disabilities are going to be the ones to pay the price. And that is sad.

jaklgreen

What difference does it make? No reason why everyone leaving the, regardless of reason, shouldn't be treated the same upon return.
The difference is that the average park goer is not going to have to leave almost every single line like those with disabilities will likely have to do. Imagine if every single ride that you go on, you wait 20+minutes and then your issue flairs up and you have lost all of that time for EVERY RIDE. So no, that is not everyone being treated the same because everyone does not have medical needs that keeps them from being able to wait in the longer lines.

Jrb1979

The difference is that the average park goer is not going to have to leave almost every single line like those with disabilities will likely have to do. Imagine if every single ride that you go on, you wait 20+minutes and then your issue flairs up and you have lost all of that time for EVERY RIDE. So no, that is not everyone being treated the same because everyone does not have medical needs that keeps them from being able to wait in the longer lines.
I don't know what to tell you. The leave the line system is for everyone and it's why they can't set it up based on how long you've been in line. Than that makes it ripe for abuse.

Many forget these systems are for everyone not just a replacement for DAS. Maybe for people in your situation, you buy Genie+ to make your day easier

Club Cooloholic

20240624_090356.jpg

Basil of Baker Street

I mean, you could just buy G+. You said you're a solo traveler? We're talking 30 bucks to ensure you have worry free day.

Last edited:

Splash4eva

I mean, you could just buy G+. You said you're a solo traveler? We're talking 30 buck to ensure you have worry free day.
Altho i do agree and do purchase Genie+ when im there ( i know this was to me) but that mindset is Exactly what Disney was and is hoping for when they made these changes… lets not kid ourselves at all to their ultimate motive to what they wanted to accomplish here.

DoubleSwitchback

That's a very precise condition, one that flares in every 20 minute standby ride but not an issue with 20 minute LL and ride combo...

Kingoglow

For everyone and that is also somewhat my point. This group my guess is such a small number where even if someone “lied” about how long they were in line for. Would it really kill Disney/CM to just say okay we trust you if you said you have been in line for X amount of minutes already. Like we are splitting hairs here.

But that is the point of a queue. You are in a queue-line in the order of who is next to be served. If a party leaves a queue and returns, you have to line up at the end of the queue. That is the experience that everyone expects.

Splash4eva

But that is the point of a queue. You are in a queue-line in the order of who is next to be served. If a party leaves a queue and returns, you have to line up at the end of the queue. That is the experience that everyone expects.
Again unless im not understanding what Disney is doing to those denied DAS but the impression seemed to be their would be fair options if someone needed to leave a line… we can agree or debate what us fair but to me losing that time spent in line is Not fair for anyone tbh…

Kingoglow

Does the average park goer typically have to leave almost every line though? I don't think so. I know for my medical condition, anything over 20 minutes would be really pushing it for me. And then when I get flair ups, I am not going on anything for at least 90 minutes until the flair up is done. Does that sound like a typical park goer?

You medical condition realities definitely does not describe the typical park goer. However, the accommodation provided to any non-DAS user is to return to the back of the queue in the case(s) where the entire party has to leave the line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom