New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Purduevian

Who do you envision is doing this type of DAS cheating? You think the people who lie to get DAS, and now have a system where they can skip all lines, they just need to do something else while waiting, will nonetheless still wait in some lines? I can't imagine that is a thing that is happening.
I mean I use G+ quite heavily (9 LL on the day quoted below) and still did 1 VQ(not through the ILL), 1 rope drop, 3 standby, and 2x on a single rider... I don't think I've heard anyone claiming 9+ das uses in a day. So yeah, if I was a cheater and got DAS and didn't pay for G+ I would probably at least do some standby lines. In fact, I probably skipped more lines that day would be possible with DAS and still I still waited in a few standby lines.

I should also mention my wife was ~6months preganant at the time so it's not like we were sprinting from attraction to attraction (no she didn't ride guardians, Everest, ToT, or RnRc with me)

Didn't quite hit all 4, but this past October I did the following:
Rope drop Remy, then rode Figment, Soarin(LL), Nemo, Guardians (VQ), fiesta tour, Frozen (LL), Festival booth lunch, SSE (LL)
Hopped to AK around 2:30 for Safari (LL), FotLK(LL), Navi (LL), Everest x2 (single rider)
Hopped to DHS for MMRR (LL), RnRC (LL), ToT (LL)
Hopped back to EPCOT for some late night food booths and Harmonious.

A lot can still be done and this was before the modify feature

The Mom

Premium Member
It's truly unfortunate that we have 357 pages on DAS abuse because some people suck and abuse the system for their own gain. View attachment 789812Put abusers in stockades in Frontierland for a few hours (sarcasm)
No, some of the posts are actually about the new system, and how it will impact WDW visits for all users - both the cheaters and those with legitimate issues - going forward.

TrainsOfDisney

There was at least one poster multiple pages back who went further than this and posted the phone number for the DOJ Civil Rights Division Disability Rights Section encouraging others to call/email.
If I encourage people to e-mail guest relations because of live entertainment cuts at Disney Parks (sadly happening at Disneyland right now…. WDW has already been cut to almost nothing) does that = spam?

Fido Chuckwagon

ean I use G+ quite heavily (9 LL on the day quoted below) and still did 1 VQ(not through the ILL), 1 rope drop, 3 standby, and 2x on a single rider... I don't think I've heard anyone claiming 9+ das uses in a day. So yeah, if I was a cheater and got DAS and didn't pay for G+ I would probably at least do some standby lines. In fact, I probably skipped more lines that day would be possible with DAS and still I still waited in a few standby lines.
DAS is far far superior to G+ though.

Fido Chuckwagon

If I encourage people to e-mail guest relations because of live entertainment cuts at Disney Parks (sadly happening at Disneyland right now…. WDW has already been cut to almost nothing) does that = spam?
There’s a difference between emailing the guest relations department of a theme park and encouraging people to flood the DOJ Civil Rights Division reporting hotline with frivolous complaints. The latter is wasting scarce government resources dedicated to helping those with disabilities.

Ayla

My theory - and it’s only a theory - is that APs and CMs have a higher rate of DAS use than day guests.
Visitors who are here just once every few years just sort of add the G+ to their budget and make it work. APs and CMs who visit every week might have a harder time justifying the additional cost EVERY visit, but they also don’t want to wait in the standby line EVERY time either.

Granted, I fully acknowledge that even if we have the percentages, it won’t “prove” anything. Maybe, by random chance, all these locals just happen to have a higher rate of disability. But regardless…it’s interesting how the days that APs are blocked out, the lines don’t seem as long. Or at least that seems to be the case the last few weeks.
Of course the lines aren't as long when AP's are blocked out ~ there are less people there.

Fido Chuckwagon

So true. Just thinking, systems like DAS should provide equal access, in this case DAS provides superior access to Genie+

Think about this. A person "qualifies" for DAS and simply gets FREE Genie+

Everyone get the exact same access.

And from an operations standpoint super easy to manage!
Are you kidding? Within seconds we’d have a host of people complaining in this thread that that is absolutely not enough because Genie+ sells out, it is limited, etc. Then we’d have people creating angry reddit groups, filing frivolous lawsuits, etc.

Disstevefan1

Are you kidding? Within seconds we’d have a host of people complaining in this thread that that is absolutely not enough because Genie+ sells out, it is limited, etc. Then we’d have people creating angry reddit groups, filing frivolous lawsuits, etc.
Obviously the free Genie+ for DAS are not counted against the limit of Genie+ sold that day, just like the DAS access is not counted against Genie+ sales.

Jrb1979

The complaint is valid regardless. If I make an honest complaint about accessibility the complaint is valid and not spam regardless.

It’s up to the DOJ to look into the complaint and decide if it’s valid or not.

It’s certainly not up to anyone on a Disney message board to say it’s not valid and = spam.
In regards to DAS, making a complaint would be valid if that was the only option but they do have other options for those that don't qualify for DAS.
It seems the biggest complaint is parties will be separated while waiting to ride an attraction

lazyboy97o

Anyone seen the effectiveness of reporting people to the FTC and FCC for things like spam, robocalls, and false advertising?

How's that going for you? :)
The DOJ has a decent archive of settlements and rulings, including against some national companies, available on the ADA website. I doubt most of those started by staff stumbling upon them.

Chi84

Premium Member
The DOJ has a decent archive of settlements and rulings, including against some national companies, available on the ADA website. I doubt most of those started by staff stumbling upon them.
I'll bet they've seen tons of complaints against major theme parks.

TrainsOfDisney

In regards to DAS, making a complaint would be valid if that was the only option but they do have other options for those that don't qualify for DAS.
It seems the biggest complaint is parties will be separated while waiting to ride an attraction
Well “another option” doesn’t mean they don’t have a complaint.

One of the major complaints right now is with Airlines who don’t have accessible seating areas even though they physically could. Saying “well you have another option, your family can carry you on your flight and your wheelchair will be potentially damaged by baggage handlers” - it’s the option that is the complaint.

Having to separate from your group is indeed a valid complaint, both at security entrances and while waiting in line for attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom