New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

nickys

Premium Member
But this is my point and if you truly feel that is acceptable on Disneys part after changing rules we can respectfully disagree ….
Like you put new rules in place which is fine but then dont define then ahead of time leaving people in the dark?
The process has to change from ride to ride anyway, because the queues are different.

But I suspect they are not specifying exactly how it will work, because it will be different for person to person depending on what their need is. That’s the crux of this. What works for one won’t work for another. Gone are the days when one solution fits all. And some guests will end up with DAS if the CM & adviser agrees that is the only solution that will work.

Dis Dragon

I'm still wondering how the adviser plays a role in all this. Is it just training for the CM or are you actually talking to two people on these calls most of the time? If it's the latter, that's intimidating to explain yourself. It's difficult to explain these things if you don't have issues that are cut and dry and not visible.

nickys

Premium Member
I'm still wondering how the adviser plays a role in all this. Is it just training for the CM or are you actually talking to two people on these calls most of the time? If it's the latter, that's intimidating to explain yourself. It's difficult to explain these things if you don't have issues that are cut and dry and not visible.
It sounds as if the CM can get advice if they need it. Whether that’s getting them on the call I don’t know. Or maybe the CM would put you on hold while they discuss it or even call you back.

ToTBellHop

But this is my point and if you truly feel that is acceptable on Disneys part after changing rules we can respectfully disagree ….
Like you put new rules in place which is fine but then dont define then ahead of time leaving people in the dark?
People find this confusing enough as it is. You want them to post written instructions for every single attraction listing every single point of entry, exit, and re-entry? That type of document surely exists but would only be for internal use and never released to guests. This will all be handled case-by-case. I hope everyone grants the CMs at but of grace as they figure this piece out since it is surely extremely complicated.

TrainsOfDisney

I hope everyone grants the CMs at but of grace as they figure this piece out since it is surely extremely complicated.
But remember - the CM’s are getting paid to do a job, which now includes assisting guests with disabilities who formerly had DAS.

The guests are paying to have a theme park experience and will likely be very confused by the changes.

Happyday

From what I read you are speaking with the CM that was trained by the advisor company. If the CM has a question or if the caller wants to speak to a 'manager' the CM will call on the advisor.

Disstevefan1

Long lines at guest services made up of people who can’t wait in long lines is quite the paradox.
Its all part of Disney's plan -
Disney unreasonably changes DAS.
Previous DAS users who are now shut out, cant handle the queue at guest services because of their limitations, so they give up and just wander the parks buying food and merch.
Disney wins again!

Dan Deesnee

I sympathize with those who have difficult to explain disabilities and reading through this some of this, it is confusing. However, Disney is extended time to figure it out from 60 days to 120 days.
That's very generous.

I have been on two trips in the past 10 years that included people who outright abused the previous disability system. One group had a huge number of people with them and they were skipping every single line. The other group was smaller.

These changes Disney is making are absolutely needed. The previous system was so open to abuse that it wasn't sustainable. And that's why it's gone.

If someone actually has a disability that keeps them from being able to wait in line like everyone else, this new system will help them. Their wait times in line will also be reduced due to abusers not being in line with them.

It's a win for everyone.

Last edited:

Splash4eva

But remember - the CM’s are getting paid to do a job, which now includes assisting guests with disabilities who formerly had DAS.

The guests are paying to have a theme park experience and will likely be very confused by the changes.
That is my point. They will be denied and still not have full clarity. Even the ones who dont complain and accept Disney’s decision like adults would like to know how they plan on handling their concerns…

Splash4eva

What is a huge number of people? Pretty much everyone agrees that the smaller party size is a good move.
Been saying this and ridding the pre books should help tremendously. They could have done this initially but wanted to implode the system 1st and act like they are doing a world of good when all they are doing is looking to find more ways to make money…

ditzee

I sympathize with those who have difficult to explain disabilities and reading through this some of this, it is confusing. However, Disney is extended time to figure it out from 60 days to 120 days.
That's very generous.

I have been on two trips in the past 10 years that included people who outright abused the previous disability system. One group had a huge number of people with them and they were skipping every single line. The other group was smaller.

These changes Disney is making are absolutely needed. The previous system was so open to abuse that it wasn't sustainable. And that's why it's gone.

If someone actually has a disability that keeps them from being able to wait in line like everyone else, this new system will help them. Their wait times in line will also be reduced due to abusers not being in line with them.

It's a win for everyone.
How about those of us who do not have neurodivergent differences but physical ones that prevent us standing in line? Won't help us even a little bit. Wonder how long until suits are filed because someone gets hurt "returning to the line"? Youtube, tik tok, X, FB, instagram, snapchat, will keep us informed and for people who enjoy watching fights, entertained.

sylasink

In the Parks
Yes
Well, it's official... I was just denied my DAS. I am a Cast Member and Disney has proof of my disabilities, and they provide me accommodation while I work, but apparently the new system is so restrictive that I do not qualify for accommodations while I come in on my days off. I have POTS, Hashimoto's, a very severe skin condition, and autism.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom