New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

DisneyCane

This is why the individual need matters. A person can be able to handle the outdoor walkways, general location of the parks, etc- and thrive and crave the rides themselves, while also having disability-related issues that result in struggles with the queue environment.

Honestly, it sucks to try and explain it here because explaining gives people a roadmap to abuse, but not explaining just leads to a lot of assumptions that these caregivers are being irresponsible.

Not being snarky here, it's just truly exhausting and defeating. Yeah, it's complicated to understand, I do truly get that. And. It's 1,000 more times complicated to live through every day.
I don't think you need to explain anything here. The only people you need to explain to are the ones approving DAS for your daughter. You aren't the one abusing the system that caused this whole mess.

Last edited:

Splash4eva

Im curious to get peoples opinion …. What do you think is going to happen to wait times once this “new” version of DAS comes out to standby lines? I genuinely would like to get everyones thoughts.

Ayla

Im curious to get peoples opinion …. What do you think is going to happen to wait times once this “new” version of DAS comes out to standby lines? I genuinely would like to get everyones thoughts.
I think the ratio between LL and stand-by will become much more equitable.

Naplesgolfer

Would "fixing" DAS be a first step at potentially providing a different skip the line alternative that isn't complicated? If I were Disney, I'd just offer a very expensive all-access once per ride express line offering. No onsite guests get it for free, maybe a discounted price. This would then allow them to artificially reduce the number of guests utilizing it, and reduce the number of attractions required to run/justify the lack of capacity with the amount of guests utilizing Genie.

I would then start charging skip the line access at some of the meet & greet locations and preferred seating at stage shows.
This would interfere with 250 -500k they make a day on VIP tours. ( some days more) and 33.

ConfettiCupcake

If it has a large effect on DAS……… probably very little, lol.

I think and hope the impact will be more directly felt on LL line lengths as well as LL a availability and any changes that come to the Genie+ program that were supposed to be getting any time now…

Jrb1979

Not to sound rude but im looking for a number. If a ride is current say 60 minutes where do you see it going? 45 minutes become what? A 90 minute wait?
Standby is going to increase a lot. I could a 60 minute wait becoming 90 minutes easy. IMO that's not they are trying to fix. The point of the changes is to open up more availability for those who purchase Genie+.

Splash4eva

Standby is going to increase a lot. I could a 60 minute wait becoming 90 minutes easy. IMO that's not they are trying to fix. The point of the changes is to open up more availability for those who purchase Genie+.
So now standby which has been a ton of peoples complaints will end up worse is what you think happens. So in theory Genie+ hows higher priced and once again Disney says sc*ew you to regular paying guests.

el_super

Not to sound rude but im looking for a number. If a ride is current say 60 minutes where do you see it going? 45 minutes become what? A 90 minute wait?

Probably 5 to 10 mins either way. Not a lot. The "abuse" being "eliminated" is not going to be all that much at all. Eventually within a couple years the DAS will become as freely available as it is now, for reasons.

natatomic

Having read through most of this thread, I’m convinced this is nothing more than shuffling the deck chairs on a sinking titanic.

People say keep saying these changes will send the abusers to the standby line, or make them buy genie+. Okay, well, either way, it still equates to a longer standby queue either by virtue of more people in it or by the same number of people in the LL line but just via genie+ instead of DAS. And if more people are buying genie+, then that line isn’t getting any shorter either. I don’t see how any of this will make anyone happier.

Disney has a wait time problem, but they’re trying to fix the wrong part first.

Last edited:

Splash4eva

Probably 5 to 10 mins either way. Not a lot. The "abuse" being "eliminated" is not going to be all that much at all. Eventually within a couple years the DAS will become as freely available as it is now, for reasons.
So basically everyone is happy Disney will charge more people more money and standby lines will go nowhere all in the name of potentially a small percentage who lie and cheat which i may add will still lie and cheat going forward

Trauma

Having read through most of this thread, I’m convinced this is nothing more than shuffling the deck chairs on a sinking titanic.

People say keep saying these changes will send the abusers to the standby line, or make them buy genie+. Okay, well, either way, it still equates to a long standby queue either by virtue of more people in it or by the same number of people in the LL line but just via genie+ instead of DAS. And if more people are buying genie+, then that line isn’t getting any shorter either. I don’t see how any of this will make anyone happier.

Disney has a wait time problem, but they’re trying to fix the wrong part first.
It’s not about making anyone happy. It’s about making more $$$.

I can’t imagine why any poster of this forum would have thee illusion that Disney gives a toot about the guest experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom