New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Brian

For this to be true, assuming a 5 day work week, WDW would have to employ at least 175 tour guides. Probably closer to 200 to account for time off. That seems extremely unlikely to me.
You're not accounting for the fact that some guides are casual, some tours are not the full day and the guide can sometimes have more than one party per day, they're (Disney) never afraid to pay overtime if it means accommodating demand, and there aren't always 125 tours per day, that's only on the busiest days.

Touchdown

You're not accounting for the fact that some guides are casual, some tours are not the full day and the guide can sometimes have more than one party per day, they're (Disney) never afraid to pay overtime if it means accommodating demand, and there aren't always 125 tours per day, that's only on the busiest days.
Private Tours are minimum 7 hours and you aren’t counting the guided group tours (KTTK, etc) doubt many are doing two tours a day.

ditzee

So now standby which has been a ton of peoples complaints will end up worse is what you think happens. So in theory Genie+ hows higher priced and once again Disney says sc*ew you to regular paying guests.
Wonder how long will it be before Disney raises the base price of Genie+ equal to the highest price they charge no?

Brian

Private Tours are minimum 7 hours and you aren’t counting the guided group tours (KTTK, etc) doubt many are doing two tours a day.
Guides will occasionally do 14 hour days for the sake of overtime and the very generous tips they often get.

The group tours such as KTTK are conducted by guest relations. The VIP tours are conducted by Disney Signature Experiences. They only share a costume.

natatomic

It’s not about making anyone happy. It’s about making more $$$.

I can’t imagine why any poster of this forum would have thee illusion that Disney gives a toot about the guest experience.
True. But everyone has their limits. Less-happy customers eventually turns into less customers if they’re left unhappy long enough.

ditzee

Wish Disney would reintroduce the non VIP tours. IIRC when we bought that tour, it was about 20 people in the group. Jungle Cruise was only line that backed up because there was some kind of mechanical problem. The tours weren't cheap - I think it was about $250/person BUT a lot cheaper than $450+/hour.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Having read through most of this thread, I’m convinced this is nothing more than shuffling the deck chairs on a sinking titanic.

People say keep saying these changes will send the abusers to the standby line, or make them buy genie+. Okay, well, either way, it still equates to a longer standby queue either by virtue of more people in it or by the same number of people in the LL line but just via genie+ instead of DAS. And if more people are buying genie+, then that line isn’t getting any shorter either. I don’t see how any of this will make anyone happier.

Disney has a wait time problem, but they’re trying to fix the wrong part first.
People who are fraudulently abusing DAS have basically a free G+ which allows re-rides and never runs out throughout the day. Ten minute waits all the time. They can easily ride 3-5 rides an hour, while the other guests get 1-2 rides an hour.

So, a small percentage of the guests are hogging the majority of the capacity.

If their fraudulent abuse was stymied, they'd have to be like most of the guests and chose: Standby or G+. Either option slows their roll and allows the majority more access to capacity. Plus, those who switch to G+ can't keep using it over and over for re-rides on the big E-Tickets. And eventually, on busy days, the parks run out of G+ slots (or they're slowed by the 2 hour rule).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe im different but on my worst day i was still able to pull 6 attractions at HS and 7 at MK. To me that would still be worth the cost to avoid those lines. Even if it only saved me say 20-30 minutes per ride. I know its awful logic and what Bob wants to hear but spending an extra 100 a day for 3 people when you factor in the total cost is well worth it to me.
That’s possible…

That’s just using standby? Or what system?

seabreezept813

Rider switch allows the person who waits to bring someone with them so they don't go alone. It's typically used for kids who are too small to ride certain rides with height requirements, but they allow someone to accompany the person who waited - even if it means someone gets to ride twice.
Yes and they used to not limit it. So several people could get a reride. They limited the person returning in the last two years.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It isn't selling out now though. If they wanted to make G+ a more attractive service so it did on a regular basis, standby waits be damned, they could have done that a long time ago.

I don't doubt that the DAS changes are in no small part motivated by a desire to sell more Genie+, but a 50% increase in standby waits afterwards is just not believable. Give me any odds on that bet, and I'll take them.

It’s not selling because it doesn’t work that well and they know it/can’t hide it.

If it did…they wouldn’t be saying it’s “2-3” uses a day for $30 on top of a $140 average ticket price.

They basically pointing the finger at DAS. We all know it’s partially crap…but it’s a “lever” they can pull the benefits the many over the few.

In their world - they’d charge you $100 for genie and it would be 10 minute waits on it all day…
They can’t do it…cause they just don’t have enough…but that is the goal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom