New Crypt Queue in Haunted Mansion-What do you think?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
AWESOME!
I mean the fact that no one's poo-pooed this whole thing yet. The addition's cool too. :)
Maybe this will help to clarify the storyline of the HM.

1stStarIC2nite

I got a chance to see the queue upclose, and it is fantastic!!! Really.

There are portholes on the other side of the captain's tomb, and there is a replica of the organ on the side of the musician's tomb, with an eagle like thing on top? It looked really cool. Also, apparently all the old tombstones will be back, up on that hillside, which has been shown in photos on the other site. Very, very exciting stuff going on at the Mansion!!!

HMF

HMF, the D&G crowd will complain and stomp thir feet like a 5 year old... then claim they loved it from the start... The DOM crowd?? throw up a cardboard cut out of a ghost and they'd say it is a terrific addition.. LOL...

I like to take wait and see approaches.... So far, I like what I hear and see... And I think this will be pretty darn good...
I really dislike the D&G label but that is beside the point. I feel that I can't blame people for being concerned considering we originally heard the family plot would be completely removed (Disneyland already lost theirs twice.)and the term "Interactive" brings video games and screens to mind and we don't want the attraction ruined by forced interactivity like with Spaceship Earth. I like what I see so far but am concerned for the family plot. if they can do both good for them. If it is either or I would take the family plot any day.

Hummer1676

I agree about space as i like the original. But i don't agree about the splash. The Disneyland one is in much better shape. It has everything working on it also. No mold and alge on the drop that you can see at wdw.

Mansion Butler

Please tell me you aren't referring to the horribly rough Space Mountain that sits inside the Magic Kingdom.

Almost everything about Disneyland's is better. It's just too bad they don't have any big drops in theirs.
No, almost everything about the Magic Kingdom is better. More tracks, better layout, better pre-show, better post-show, better vehicles. That outnumbers smoother track and better projections.

I mean, if you're going to treat something subjective as fact, we can, too. :D

I agree about space as i like the original. But i don't agree about the splash. The Disneyland one is in much better shape. It has everything working on it also. No mold and alge on the drop that you can see at wdw.
I'll sacrifice what Florida weather does to water attractions for better show scenes, higher capacity and more drops.

wdwfan94

Does anyone know what the mood of the new stuff will be? Like if it will be fun and silly like the graveyard, or dark and chilling like the stretching room?

lazyboy97o

I am waiting to see exactly how this all works. Not entirely sure how I feel about the possibility of tossing aside the build up to the ghosts materializing. They look nicely done so far, but that does not mean much to me if they do not mesh well with the entirety of the experience.

T-1MILLION

AWESOME!
I mean the fact that no one's poo-pooed this whole thing yet. The addition's cool too. :)
Maybe this will help to clarify the storyline of the HM.

I don't know...I don't want to sound like a hater because I am not against plussing things if it is a good kind of change but The Mansion is a retirement home for the post living. The Ghost host explains this and how all the ghosts have flocked from around the world and different time periods to be there. What we are seeing is most of these iconic ghosts getting headstones and crypts more than ever. To be that is a step away from the safe haven retirement scaring for ghosts than anything.

I know I know...I am gonna get the backlash for this.

rachels

I don't get why that should be a condition. Shouldn't it be "As long as it is good in the end, it is all fine to me" ? Speaking for myself, I honestly don't care what they "bring back"... as long as the end result is a plussing (and so far, it looks like it will be).

Another thing I don't get, why not change it? Let's be honest... the old hitchhiking ghosts were a tad bit stiff and old... if they can plus that, why not?

I said change yes, but not their looks. If they want them to interact or change whatever they do thats fine with me...My son loves them ever since the first time we ever rode it. It just doesn't make sense to rip out all of the old Disney magic when you can just add to it. It has brought Disney this far.

surfsupdon

Will the hitchhikers get to sit with the Guests again??! It seemed from the video that they were not. Am I missing something?

MUTZIE77

All of this looks amazing. They seem to be cruising on this thing, unless the amount of time between pics just makes it seem that way. When the construction started, I had a VERY high hope that it would be ready for my trip in 11 days. Unfortunately it appears as though that will never happen.

Victor Kelly

the new haunted mansion song...

In the mansion, where the ghost give you a fright...
In the mansion, don't visit there in the night..
In the mansion.. In the mansion..

Or

it's fun to ride on the do-om bug-gy
it's fun to ride on the do-om bug-gy

vp2.jpg

:roflol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom