New Crypt Queue in Haunted Mansion-What do you think?

WDWfanatic89

awesome. i don't care what they, as long as the tombstones return, and they HAVE!!!!! The new addition looks awesome. So well done. It already looks like its been there 39 years!! Looking good!!

jonesenon4

:sohappy:everything does look really good and im glad to see something being done on the outside.we check in on mar 11 and like previous posters would like to see it completed but i doubt it. oh well just an excuse for another trip soon.13 days and counting cant wait for the magic to begin.:sohappy:

BriEcho3194

This really looks amazing! I am very excited to see what's to come! I do hope they have a little path just for those tombstones so we can still see them at least lol I cannot wait to see the finished product of this new queue.... Who knew that we all would be this excited for a queue lmao

RSoxNo1

This looks like a great addition to the Mansion's exterior - I'm really looking forward to seeing this in person, I'm just disappointed that it won't be ready for my upcoming trip.

Please tell me you aren't referring to the horribly rough Space Mountain that sits inside the Magic Kingdom.

Almost everything about Disneyland's is better. It's just too bad they don't have any big drops in theirs.

No, almost everything about the Magic Kingdom is better. More tracks, better layout, better pre-show, better post-show, better vehicles. That outnumbers smoother track and better projections.

I mean, if you're going to treat something subjective as fact, we can, too. :D

I'll sacrifice what Florida weather does to water attractions for better show scenes, higher capacity and more drops.

As for this, the low slung rockets make the Matterhorn nearly unrideable for me - and while Florida's Space Mountain is a better ride than the Matterhorn, it doesn't live up to it's California Counterpart. Having said that, the audio additions to Florida have helped the attraction tremendously.

For Splash Mountain, I'll take Florida's version over California's any day. I prefer the wider logs and higher capacity. I don't need to be that close with the person sitting in front of me.

Disney Rocks

This looks absolutely amazing! Bravo Disney!

Will we be able to walk around the crypt or will we just walk around it under the awning. Either way, I'm so excited for this!

raven

It's so nice to see good comments about this project for a change. When it was first announced there were a lot of negative ones from people that just didn't have faith in seeing changes. Anything added or "plussed" is always good in my eyes. :animwink:

Rob562

Will the hitchhikers get to sit with the Guests again??! It seemed from the video that they were not. Am I missing something?

The projections are temporary. The rumors are that the animatronics in the scene are being upgraded. The projections are a great fill-in while the work is going on, as the other options were to hang curtains and have *nothing* there, or close the entire attraction for 6-8 weeks because one scene was being worked on.

And if it were just about any other scene in the Mansion, they could easily remove and replace the figures one-by-one while the Mansion stayed open and the impact would be negligible. But the mechanics of the HHGs make that impossible to do.

-Rob

Atomicmickey

I don't see ANY negative comments here, this thread gets a GOLD STAR.:sohappy:

This looks to be a great addition, really looking forward to seeing it in action when it's done.

Inclining by degrees? Maybe, just maybe . . . .

COProgressFan

It's so nice to see good comments about this project for a change. When it was first announced there were a lot of negative ones from people that just didn't have faith in seeing changes. Anything added or "plussed" is always good in my eyes. :animwink:

I think folks are just glad to see it turning out nicely.

"Plussing" is awesome, but sometimes change is made simply for change's sake, not to actually improve anything. As we have seen with many other TDO projects, changes are not always for the better.

pumpkin7

the queue looks awesome, but have they done to the hitch hiking ghosts at the end of the ride??? that is truely diabolical what they have at the moment. they aren't hitch hiking at all. lets hope that that website is true about them not sticking around for long, because those projections suck.

edit: ok just read some more of the thread. i really hope they are temporary; adding life into the current ghosts will be awesome.

Enchantâmes

I don't know...I don't want to sound like a hater because I am not against plussing things if it is a good kind of change but The Mansion is a retirement home for the post living. The Ghost host explains this and how all the ghosts have flocked from around the world and different time periods to be there. What we are seeing is most of these iconic ghosts getting headstones and crypts more than ever. To be that is a step away from the safe haven retirement scaring for ghosts than anything.

I know I know...I am gonna get the backlash for this.
backlash.jpg

Thrill

the queue looks awesome, but have they done to the hitch hiking ghosts at the end of the ride??? that is truely diabolical what they have at the moment. they aren't hitch hiking at all. lets hope that that website is true about them not sticking around for long, because those projections suck.

edit: ok just read some more of the thread. i really hope they are temporary; adding life into the current ghosts will be awesome.

I think what they have now is better than just plain scrims, and even better than closing the attraction completely, but I hope that the end products involves physical hitchhiking ghosts rather than a reworked version of the projected ghosts or (worse) no hitchhiking ghosts at all, replaced by a new set of hitchhikers: Iago, Zazu, and Stitch. :ROFLOL:

With that said, I have a fair amount of confidence that Disney would not pay to ruin the Haunted Mansion. Neglect it until it falls apart, maybe, but they wouldn't do it by refurbishing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom