New Crypt Queue in Haunted Mansion-What do you think?

Mansion Butler

So, if anything, it's going to get worse. Because either a) people will be too distracted with the new queue elements and they won't be moving quickly, or b) with wheelchairs and ecvs coming through stretches now, traffic will generally be slower.
It's not like anyone stand and stares at Leota instead of coming inside.

Oh, wait. . .

NMBC1993

I depends on what the interactive elements are. If they're simple things like touch a button and somthing happens, then the line might keep moving regularly. But if its somthing like video games (like SM) or play equipment (like Pooh) THEN they'd be too distracted to keep moving.

This is exactly why I'm not a huge fan of the NextGen projects. They are created to make wait time more fun but when there is no line, it creates one because everyone is too distracted to keep moving. I do have to applaud they're work in keeping with the theme but I just don't see why we need all this stuff in our attractions. DL isn't doing anything like this and as someone else said why not spend that money on keeping the attraction itself up to date.

Jakester

Im cool with it. Wont be something that im like dying to go see the day its open. As long as i get to ride through the mansion i dont really care

Lauratron

Correct me if I'm wrong--or if it looks differently to you, but these new photos give me the impression that you'll be walking between/throughout the individual crypts instead of around them. But maybe not. The framing for the canopy suggests a set path, but then there also looks to be a lot of open space between the crypts too. Maybe it will be like the new Pooh queue where you can stay in line or go out of line to interact?

And speaking of Pooh's line (sorry to go a little off subject)...what's the protocol for these types of lines? If you have a group of people in front of you in line and part of that group decides they want to use the interactive elements, causing the rest of the group to stop, meanwhile the line moves ahead of them and a large gap forms; being behind these people are you supposed to wait for them to start moving forward or are you supposed to go around them? My husband and I found that situation to be quite awkward in Pooh's line because part of us didn't want to be rude by passing the people who were still standing in line, but we also didn't want to stand there and wait while they played with the interactive stuff. Will HM be the same way?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Correct me if I'm wrong--or if it looks differently to you, but these new photos give me the impression that you'll be walking between/throughout the individual crypts instead of around them. But maybe not. The framing for the canopy suggests a set path, but then there also looks to be a lot of open space between the crypts too. Maybe it will be like the new Pooh queue where you can stay in line or go out of line to interact?

And speaking of Pooh's line (sorry to go a little off subject)...what's the protocol for these types of lines? If you have a group of people in front of you in line and part of that group decides they want to use the interactive elements, causing the rest of the group to stop, meanwhile the line moves ahead of them and a large gap forms; being behind these people are you supposed to wait for them to start moving forward or are you supposed to go around them? My husband and I found that situation to be quite awkward in Pooh's line because part of us didn't want to be rude by passing the people who were still standing in line, but we also didn't want to stand there and wait while they played with the interactive stuff. Will HM be the same way?

Go around them. If part of their groups wants to linger then the whole group should get out of the way.

Mansion Butler

Go around them. If part of their groups wants to linger then the whole group should get out of the way.
Yes, this. The Haunted Mansion already has a wide path and tends to have gaps. Guests are asked to fill those gaps, not stand behind someone who doesn't move forward. It's not considered rude, because they have the opportunity to move forward and don't, so they are, in effect, choosing to stand in line longer.

Think of someone stepping out to interact with the queue as being like someone who stands single file when the line isn't meant to be single file. You are within your right -- nay encouraged -- to move past them.

darthspielberg

On my last ride during my last visit, I stepped aside and let a whole stretching room's worth of people go ahead of me, just so I could get some good pictues of the Leota tombstone. The cast member at the door smiled when I finally went in and asked me if I caught her on camera. :)

Scuttle

Same thing happened to me and my girlfriend, but I said screw it let's go. Did feel a little awkward and totally know what your saying.

devoy1701

That looks fantastic! Kudos to the person who grabbed those pictures!

We decided to let our passes lapse this year while all of the improvements are going on and won't be returning until next May (unless we decide to hit the Halloween party this year). I hope we continue to see improvements like this (not to mention FLE) that will let us have that anticipation and anxiety that out of state visitors get every trip!

terp79

My 2 cents: i'm all for enhancements but when then enhancements lessen the theme I get worried. Right now it's hard to tell from the pictures online and since no official concept art has been released I may end up eating my words. I just feel that the new crypt looks extremely stylized an in a way overly designed. How much detail does one need to add in order to represent a ghost inside the mansion?

The mansion was a realistic place so I believe these new crypt should be believable/realistic and not look so animated-like. It seems they're packing a ton of detail into a small place. I think one rule was create turn-ons and avoid overloads???? This to me seems way overloaded and in a tight space.

It would be like adding detail to Expedition Everest that looks like it was designed to fit into toontown. Of course the gestalt would be off and we all could tell right away. I think all of us are excited for new enhancements which are making us overlook the basic theme and feel of the mansion.

I'm all for new queue technology that helps support the story. I like progress...progress that is themed correctly and doesn't look like the odd man out.

Anyone can agree that before this new queue started taking shape which tombstone looked like it didn't belong? Which one was a shinny new cadillac and which ones where classic model t-fords?

erasure fan1

I'm all for new queue technology that helps support the story. I like progress...progress that is themed correctly and doesn't look like the odd man out.

Anyone can agree that before this new queue started taking shape which tombstone looked like it didn't belong? Which one was a shinny new cadillac and which ones where classic model t-fords?
Balance is the key with projects like this, how can you plus a ride and still keep the classic feel of the original concept. I think some of the problem is that when you do nothing for so long and then you start to "plus" something, it will tend to look a bit out of place no matter what. If you do small things over time, it seems to be less glaring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom