New Countries Being Added to Epcot?

Krack

Is there a link you can post to the layout blueprints for the original WS?

I would love to check it out!

worldshowcase_sites.gif

rkelly42

This may be a stupid question, but what about the space between Japan and Morocco? I do not see how this would impact illuminations or any space used for group gatherings. Then again I am not sure if there is enough room for another country to be added there either. I also understand the concept of needing approval or funding from a country or business in that country to be represented before they will begin with the process of moving foward.

yensidfan1991

I think there is something about each country that would be interesting as long as it's not similer to the ones already there in any way, but all i would like is have another dark ride with it or a ride in general! haha... to try and disperse more people to world showcase not just for eating but for more things so the wait times for test track and Sorin may die down just a smidgen... as for the country one that i just think has a rich culture is Ireland or Israel i think would be neat!

aladdin2007

I think there is something about each country that would be interesting as long as it's not similer to the ones already there in any way, but all i would like is have another dark ride with it or a ride in general! haha... to try and disperse more people to world showcase not just for eating but for more things so the wait times for test track and Sorin may die down just a smidgen... as for the country one that i just think has a rich culture is Ireland or Israel i think would be neat!

Ireland would be a massive draw. Darn that tourist board, they could do it.

aladdin2007

Here is a great article from yesterland about the space and funding issues. It also has a great map of the original WS plots. Pretty cool, check it out: http://www.yesterland.com/worldshowcase.html

Thanks, good article, but incorrect that world showplace occupies 2 spots it occupies one. international gateway originally was a spot, and the crescent lake where boardwalk and beach clubs are now were originally meant to be a second ring of pavilions. cool huh?

sbkline

I believe this, because they were taking surveys awhile back about which WS country would people most not mind seeing leave.

Good points about the Millennium Village and area near the Illuminations backstage area. The International Gateway, of course, also eliminates what was once a possible plot between UK and France.

What about the plots between Mexico and Norway, Germany and Italy, Japan and Morocco, and Morocco and France?
I know you said they are "buffer zones," but I've read several places that WS was designed to have 19 plots. Norway and China use back to back plots without a "buffer zone", as do Italy, USA, and Japan, and those seem to work fine aesthetically.

Not to be argumentative (as you are just the messenger) but wouldn't replacing a country kind of go against the all-inclusive theme of goodwill and brotherhood that World Showcase represents? Plus, it seems like this could cause potential bad PR.

When attractions are replaced now, there is usually an argument that some fans make that they are "outdated". But how can a country be "outdated"? ;)

I can see how some countries can become "outdated", as I have wondered about this off and on for a few years. With many European countries increasingly willing to had over their sovereignty to the EU (don't get me started :rolleyes:) and with the increasing possibility of the EU becoming a political "United States of Europe" (with a single President, military, etc) such a development would render the member countries obsolete, or outdated. I have often wondered what happens to the UK, Germany, Italy and France (and possibly Norway, if they are members as well) pavilions if and when this consolidation is finalized and they cease to be seperate countries, and become "states" in a union, like Illinois, Indiana, etc. In that scenario, those countries would very much be outdated. I hope that does not happen anytime soon (from a political point of view, as well as from a Disney fan point of view, LOL), but if/when it does, I can see the need to replace these 4 or 5 countries with other countries, since those countries will cease to exist as such.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
South Africa to be correct. There were plans and drawings and even a sign up at epcot at one time. Just like you said it represents a continent in Animal Kingdom and would be represented at Epcot with South Africa. Don't exclude it yet, things are always on the drawing board.

No, it was not South Africa, it was "Equatorial Africa"

cheezbat

Raven you said that they have contemplated replacing existing pavillions...if this happened, would the countries that would be brought in to replace them actually open with rides as part of the pavillion?

I hate seeing pavillions with nothing but a couple shops and a restaurant. Every pavillion should have either some type of ride or show.

raven

Raven you said that they have contemplated replacing existing pavillions...if this happened, would the countries that would be brought in to replace them actually open with rides as part of the pavillion?

That is WDI's plan at least. It would be up to TDO to approve it though so...you know how that goes.

Bender!

That is WDI's plan at least. It would be up to TDO to approve it though so...you know how that goes.
Hey, if it means Epcot getting more D and E-ticket attractions, I'm all for it.

While World Showcase has been sort of a "quiet" place...its in a theme park. I wouldn't be too upset about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom