New Construction..Something Big..?

EPCOTPluto

The special projects dept is looking at some big resort-wide capabilities. We should be starting to see some of the fruits of their labor soon. Details will be forthcoming :)
Well, hope the details arrive sooner than possible. Methinks it'll be a nice change. :)

JWG

I learned this while backstage doing something unmagical with a random attractions manager.

If that's what it takes to be a seasonal... what does it take to be full-time??? :ROFLOL:

The things people will do for information on a rumor.....

You know, Disney is desperate for talent, you don't have to resort to those tactics for a job there.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The things people will do for information on a rumor.....

You know, Disney is desperate for talent, you don't have to resort to those tactics for a job there.

Perhaps he considers it a fringe benefit as opposed to a tactic. :shrug:

---

everybody say ho
Hooooo

RSoxNo1

Here's my hope with the RFID technology:

We see each ride that's going to get an RFID component go down for a month or two for some sprucing up and the addition of a new animatronic, or interactive feature. They announce it in October, and stagger the refurbishments so that you only have 1 or 2 of the attractions down at one time. You have Space Mountain opening November 22nd in time for the Holiday season, Your normal January Splash Mountain refurbishment, and possibly the long rumored major refurbishment to Jungle Cruise as well. All of these refurbishments could include an interactive component, but none of them were on the initial list that included most of Fantasyland, Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth.

I think starting this at the beginning of 2010 could mean several new minor additions in time for the 40th.

mastif

Original Poster
:eek:
"I learned this while backstage doing something unmagical with a random attractions manager."

If that's what it takes to be a seasonal... what does it take to be full-time??? :ROFLOL:

LOL

No, no joke post. that does sound kind dirty now that i read it. should have used " " too. Anywho I was smoking a cigarette with him if you must know, didn't want to ruin the magic for the ones that believe we're robots

EPCOT Explorer

Here's my hope with the RFID technology:

We see each ride that's going to get an RFID component go down for a month or two for some sprucing up and the addition of a new animatronic, or interactive feature. They announce it in October, and stagger the refurbishments so that you only have 1 or 2 of the attractions down at one time. You have Space Mountain opening November 22nd in time for the Holiday season, Your normal January Splash Mountain refurbishment, and possibly the long rumored major refurbishment to Jungle Cruise as well. All of these refurbishments could include an interactive component, but none of them were on the initial list that included most of Fantasyland, Haunted Mansion and Spaceship Earth.

I think starting this at the beginning of 2010 could mean several new minor additions in time for the 40th.
Sounds plausible, too. There are a ton of things that could be just starting out, now. Or not. It's too early to really tell.:lol:

Jasonflz

I am going to put in my $2 and say this big project is either Fantasyland expansion or the possible Mysterious Island/Beastly Kingdomme. Either that or something no one saw coming.

juan

Maybe its something more basic, Disney did announce going Carbon free by whenever, maybe its something along those lines. replacing electric grids, adding solar power, wind power, etc, etc.

I never understood why Disney did just cover the undeveloped areas of the southern part of the property with solar panels and wind farms, sure the capital investment might be high but you would end up with a sustainable power supply and wouldn't have to deal with the pricing of electricity.

If they then had enough capacity they theoretically could also start cracking their own hydrogen and run all the buses off of that too so the ever changing price of fuel doesn't need to be budgeted or figured out.

Thats just my 2 cents though, but its what I would do.

I agree that Disney could do something a little better for the environment, but solar and wind power is not really feasible. As for wind, central Florida has very unsteady wind patterns; winds are always coming from different directions. Since Disney is located in a very stormy area, the wind turbines would have to be shut down in storms due to high wind gusts. The best area for wind power is ridge-tops with consistent wind patterns.
As for solar, the capital cost is enormous for the capacity generated. Using heliostats, they would have to be cleaned regularly especially with central Florida weather.
Also, if Disney had a surplus of power, it would be better to sell it back to the grid rather then crack hydrogen.

WDW1974

RFID could be very kewl ... but it also could just be the next generation of Destination Disney ... that's what brought you everything from the DDP to Pal Mickey to Magical Gatherings etc ...

Jim working on it can only be viewed as a potentially good thing, but I wouldn't get all lathered up just yet.

EPCOT Explorer

I feel like it could be...

But I also feel like it could cheapen some attractions. I don't need the Hitchhiking Ghosts or Chief Name saying my name.:rolleyes:
Yes, I sort of feel the same way...However, in a walkaround sense, certain things happening around you and your actions could be quite cool.

Even the ride interactivity could be cool, too. It would just have to be subtle.
RFID could be very kewl ... but it also could just be the next generation of Destination Disney ... that's what brought you everything from the DDP to Pal Mickey to Magical Gatherings etc ...

Jim working on it can only be viewed as a potentially good thing, but I wouldn't get all lathered up just yet.

If it's labeled as a "special event" or "project" I would think it IS bigger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom