New Construction..Something Big..?

EPCOT Explorer

Or it could be quite lackluster like the 100 years of magic pins.
I loved those pins!:mad::lol:
Still have my full set and everything...

And do you really think that they would appoint JM to a new post just for something on that scale? If anything it would be for Merch and Promotion.
It is nice to know they are allowing SPECIAL PROJECTS decide what is added tot he parks and not management.. They put the right person in the that job!!!!

Indeed!:D JM=EPCOT 25. He fought.

Captain Chaos

I loved those pins!:mad::lol:
Still have my full set and everything...

And do you really think that they would appoint JM to a new post just for something on that scale? If anything it would be for Merch and Promotion.

Indeed!:D JM=EPCOT 25. He fought.

Remember when everyone was saying that putting JM in a position called Special Projects was to force him out or take him out of making theme park decisions??? Guess that was off base LOL...

EPCOT Explorer

Remember when everyone was saying that putting JM in a position called Special Projects was to force him out or take him out of making theme park decisions??? Guess that was off base LOL...

Yeah, and even then I doubted it. I mean, we still don't know what he REALLY does, but I think it's safe to assume that they move people around for a reason. That of course assuming that TDO is working well...

...Hmm.:lookaroun:lol:

I think that should do it for me for the evening...Gnight!:wave:

Captain Chaos

Yeah, and even then I doubted it. I mean, we still don't know what he REALLY does, but I think it's safe to assume that they move people around for a reason. That of course assuming that TDO is working well...

...Hmm.:lookaroun:lol:

I think that should do it for me for the evening...Gnight!:wave:

Maybe JM is the new sheriff jt talks about... Maybe JT is really JM... :lookaroun :lol:

jt04

Ah yes, thank you for reminding me of this bit of trivia.

*places knowledge in quiver*

Maybe JM is the new sheriff jt talks about... Maybe JT is really JM... :lookaroun :lol:

No, I'm just an old pensioner living in in a double-wide in the New Mexico desert, somewhere just off Route 66. Never even been to WDW. :lookaroun

Could this be tied into the FL referb? In particular the Dueling Dumbos queue or pre-ride area that is labeled 'NextGen'??

The following quote is from Al Lutz's column on MiceAge (4/22):

Rides that know who you are
But that notorious tagline that strikes fear into the hearts of Disneylanders, "They do it in Florida", might not be such a bad thing if Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) gets their way on another project. A big budget proposal fighting its way through the approval process in Orlando involves not only adding a clone of DCA's Little Mermaid E Ticket to the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland, but also upgrading the rest of the Fantasyland attractions with an updated look and new technology. While the tired 1970's vibe of Florida's Fantasyland could definitely use a makeover, it's the new technology to be added to the existing attractions that has the most promise.

Using a system of tiny Radio Frequency ID (RFID) tags embedded in park tickets, key characters on the attractions could interact with each passing vehicle and use personalized information on the riders in each vehicle to embellish the storytelling with personalized references. A Resort guest would fill out a survey form prior to their arrival, and then that information would be downloaded onto the RFID tag embedded in their tickets. Think of this as a much advanced version of the gimmick in Universal's Hollywood's now shuttered E.T. attraction where E.T. would bid you farewell by name at the end of the ride, and you've got the basic idea. The concept has been branded "Next Generation," or NextGen for short, in the halls of WDI and they have high hopes for it.

Still wondering what it really means as far as implementation. I'm with SirGoofy, saying my name in an attraction will not impress me.

EPCOT Explorer

Ah yes, thank you for reminding me of this bit of trivia.

*places knowledge in quiver*

No, I'm just an old pensioner living in in a double-wide in the New Mexico desert, somewhere just off Route 66. Never even been to WDW. :lookaroun
:eek::ROFLOL:

Paging a Mr. Spirit to the thread...Mr.Spirit....;):p

Could this be tied into the FL referb? In particular the Dueling Dumbos queue or pre-ride area that is labeled 'NextGen'??

The following quote is from Al Lutz's column on MiceAge (4/22):

Still wondering what it really means as far as implementation. I'm with SirGoofy, saying my name in an attraction will not impress me.
I'm thinking that will be the bulk of it, but other things, more suited to the resorts could be used too. The interactivity would be the selling point, though.

JimboJones123

It's RFID.

RFID is great in theory, but will it draw an additional 50,000 families? I do tire of fruitless ventures that take away from building the parks up to their potential. What about a 20 year old movie, Mermaid, and an 18 year old movie, BATB, made them decide that NOW was the best time to finish building Fantasyland??? Who shelves these ideas year after year, quarter after quarter. I do not understand how Beastly Kingdom, an idea that has fans foaming at the mouth for years, has been put off for no reason. R&d just proves again how bass akwards they are if this is the GRAND IDEA.

RSoxNo1

RFID is great in theory, but will it draw an additional 50,000 families? I do tire of fruitless ventures that take away from building the parks up to their potential. What about a 20 year old movie, Mermaid, and an 18 year old movie, BATB, made them decide that NOW was the best time to finish building Fantasyland??? Who shelves these ideas year after year, quarter after quarter. I do not understand how Beastly Kingdom, an idea that has fans foaming at the mouth for years, has been put off for no reason. R&d just proves again how bass akwards they are if this is the GRAND IDEA.

I think it's simplist implementation is just calling out names on a ride. Given what is being rumored with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter containing living environments in the walkways, I have to assume that they will try and incorporate this as well. When guests buy their tickets they could register them online in some capacity and fill out a brief questionaire. It may include things like favorite Disney movie, disney song, things like that.

EpcoTim

I think it's simplist implementation is just calling out names on a ride. Given what is being rumored with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter containing living environments in the walkways, I have to assume that they will try and incorporate this as well. When guests buy their tickets they could register them online in some capacity and fill out a brief questionaire. It may include things like favorite Disney movie, disney song, things like that.

I can't wait to fill something like that out with large amounts of profanity and other generally insulting and offensive things. :)

EpcoTim

I doubt it will be used, but much like E.T. at Universal, I'm sure people will find a way to bypass it.

Just imagine waiting in line for Big Thunder, and having an animitronic western Goofy say to you "Y'all be mighty careful out there, Scumbag". Thats my idea of funny.

j_dp456

While I agree that just saying people's names is not that impressive, we should really think about how this technology can be updated to become more impressive. I think just saying our names is the tip of the ice burg.

EPCOTPluto

While RFID may not be the biggest crowd-drawer, it certainly will make your stay more magical. :)

And that's all I have to say about it.

Now, about the new construction, I would hope its that Fantasyland renovation. That 20k space is severely needed.

After all, should the plans be true enough, it sure looks promising, and needs to be done ASAP.

EPCOT Explorer

All in the marketing. They could push the "real Magic" of the tech VERY, VERY far.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom