New Characters in the parks?

Atta83

Jason21783 said:
This has bugged me since I returned from my trip in June.

Does anybody know if there is a person inside the Nemo suit, or is it remote controled?

What there is a person inside of Nemo.....no way!!! :lookaroun

awallaceunc

Atta83 said:
Yes they are running a series of test to bring out different characters out into the park so you dont see the same ones over and over again .

That's great. I never get to see the rare characters, but I like the idea of rotation. WDW is the place where all the characters "live," so they should all be out and about at one point or another. Very cool of Disney! :)

-Aaron

Gregory

@Mr Toad - Mickey is also in a soundstage in MGM, as Sourcer Mickey & I also saw Mickey in France, as one of the three musketeers

@Sailor Mouse - YOu can see many of the princes in Cinderella's Royal Table resturant Disney Channel/ABC Family

@VillainFan - How did the penguins sing? When I saw them, they were totally costumed (like, not face characters)

@arizonacolbys - Pumbaa, Simba, etc... would be too hard to make characters, as would Bagheera, etc... I'd rather they stay away from characters like that, as it's better to have nothing than to have them totally mess a character up.

Three of the coolest characters were Mickey Donald and Goofy as the Three Musketeers. I have pictures, but they're stuck on my iPod, which is broken... I'm sure someone else has pics, but I'm working on getting mine for you guys :)

mrtoad

Gregory said:
but they're stuck on my iPod, which is broken... I'm sure someone else has pics, but I'm working on getting mine for you guys :)

Sorry about the iPod. Did you get that "thing" (don't know the name) that let's you transfer from a CF card directly to the iPod. If so, do you recommend it?

Thanks,
Mike

Gregory

Hey!

I got my iPod to work!! Yeah!!! Yes, I did get that thing I was talking about.. I think its called a media card reader, and is made by Balkin...

I would defantally recommend it.. I took over 7,000 pictures (including a few videos using my digital camera), and didn't have any problems.

Anyways, heres a picture of the Three Musketeers:

Three Musketeers.JPG

mrtoad

Gregory said:
Hey!

I got my iPod to work!! Yeah!!! Yes, I did get that thing I was talking about.. I think its called a media card reader, and is made by Balkin...

I would defantally recommend it.. I took over 7,000 pictures (including a few videos using my digital camera), and didn't have any problems.

Anyways, heres a picture of the Three Musketeers:

Three Musketeers.JPG

Thanks, I thought there was more of fancy name. :lol:

Last trip I brought my laptop but it is a pain to carry on the plane along with everything else. I was hoping to get something like this to save some stess.

Thanks!

Gregory

I actually carried around a book bag, but the iPod and media reader would have easily fit in my pocket (or camera bag) It's probably the best $500 (iPod and media reader) that I've ever spent... I would recommend it :)

mrtoad

Gregory said:
I actually carried around a book bag, but the iPod and media reader would have easily fit in my pocket (or camera bag) It's probably the best $500 (iPod and media reader) that I've ever spent... I would recommend it :)

Thanks. I will have a backback as we have a 3 year old and need to carry a bunch of stuff with us. I did not take the laptop in the parks but still the hastle of bringing on the plane is too much. I will get the reader as I already have a 30 GB iPod.

Thanks again!

Gregory

Looks like I started something at WDWMagic... a few people have asked me about it :)

If anyone has any questions about it, e-mail me, as I don't know if I'll check this thread as much :)

JBoogie

I haven't been to WDW for almost a year now. I was there in Sept. and Dec. of last year. When we were there in Sept. I got my pic with about 80-90 different characters.

In Sept.
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip n' Dale, Lilo & Stitch, Princess Aurora, Clopin, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Jafar, Pinocchio, Geppetto, Gideon, Baloo, King Louie, Snow White andThe Prince (from Snow White), the Wicked Queen, Alice, White Rabbit, Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, Mad Hatter, Gov. Ratcliffe, Meeko, Cruella, Prince John, Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Suzy, Perla, 3 of the Country Bears, the cast of the Lion King Festival, Rafiki, Timon, warrior Mulan, Mary Poppins and Penguins, Belle & Beast, Quasimodo, Esmerelda, Phoebus, Tigger, Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, Hercules, Meg, Phil, Max, Launchpad, Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Miss Piggy, Dopey, Peter Pan, Capt. Hook, Mr. Smee, Cinderella, Terk, & Ariel. That is what I can think of off the top of my head.

In Dec. (some new/diff. ones)
Mushu, Maleficient, Kenai, Koda, Wendy, saw Bert w/ Mary Poppins (but didn't get a pic)

I was really surprised that there were not alot of characters out in December there were actually hardly any out then.

I would definately like to see some new characters....me and my friend go on what we call "character hunts" I could use some new ones to "hunt" for.

JBoogie said:
I haven't been to WDW for almost a year now. I was there in Sept. and Dec. of last year. When we were there in Sept. I got my pic with about 80-90 different characters.

In Sept.
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip n' Dale, Lilo & Stitch, Princess Aurora, Clopin, Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Jafar, Pinocchio, Geppetto, Gideon, Baloo, King Louie, Snow White andThe Prince (from Snow White), the Wicked Queen, Alice, White Rabbit, Queen of Hearts, Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum, Mad Hatter, Gov. Ratcliffe, Meeko, Cruella, Prince John, Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Suzy, Perla, 3 of the Country Bears, the cast of the Lion King Festival,

What?! You got to meet the cast of the "Festival of the Lion King"?! How did you get to meet them? Did they come out for meets because the show was closed, since they were rehabbing the theater?

If that's the case, I hope that the FoTLK cast will be out meets again during the show's next short rehab this upcoming September.

JBoogie

Yeah I got to meet the cast of the FotLK. We were there in late September last year...I didn't even think the show was supposed to open back up from rehab while we were there. We were upset cuz we didn't think we were gonna get to see it. Well when we got to the AK that Sunday, they were telling everyone it was opening that day. It was the last Sunday in September I remember. So my friend, her son, and I headed over there. Her husband and other son stayed at the hotel that morning. When we got there, they had already cancelled the first show of the day. So we decided to grab some pics with Safari Minnie and Goofy who were out. Then we turned around and the entire cast of FotLK was coming out!!!!!!!! They were all in costume and ready for the show when it got cancelled! So they decided to come out for meet n' greet!!!!! It was so awesome! It was the first time they had ever done anything like that...we were handing them our autograph books and they didn't know what to sign...they were looking at each other and asking each other "what do we sign?" So they just started signing "cheetah", "snake", "zebra", "warthog"....one of the Tumble Monkey's signed "KONG"! The Tumble Monkey's were hilarious, the were rolling all around, leaping around, and picking bugs off each other and posing for pictures. The ringmaster guy was out, guys on stilts were out, the flame thrower....maybe I can see if some of the pics can get scanned and maybe somehow if I learn how I could post the pics! :drevil: It was so freaking awesome! It became one of the highlights of our trip!!!!

This was such a great topic!

Any new character news?

However, I've heard from several sources, including a couple of character greeters, that A LOT of old characters are coming back to the Magic Kingdom soon.

They also mentioned the new character enhancements that are coming to Epcot and MGM as well.

loading890

I was at WDW from August 21-28th, and didnt see any new characters at all. Holiday bus had Max, Goofy,Mickey, Minnie, Gepetto, Pinoochio, King Louie, Gideon, and Mary Poppins. Town Square on Main Street had Daisy Duck, Gideon, Gepetto, Robin hood cast minus Little John, Gov. Ratcliffe, meeko, and Smee.

Only Spotted Donald in front of the castle after the show. He is a rather hard one to find. Any reasons? He is the only one of the Fab 5 not appearing in toontown.

As for the new ones mentioned.......thumper, 3 nephews, little john, darkwing, horace horsecollar, and the cow......none were spotted. Does anybody have pics??

Also........with the growing popularity of Grumpy (he seems to be more popular than dopey now) why isn't he out??? Jiminy cricket was nowhere to be found. I checked italy.

Cool thread though

Shellybelle

Do you think that there will be a good chance that the 3 Muskateers will be there the last week of September? Also, do you know if all of the 7 dwarfs appear for the MNSSHP? Thanks for any replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom