New Characters in the parks?

Atta83

I have not heard anything about anymore new characters right now. If I hear anything more or new I shall let you know..

drew81

If you are looking for a certain or new characters don't give up. I had looked for Darkwing Duck for a vey long time. I finally met him.

I also know that these "rare" characters were tests. I think they went over well. If you want to see different characters contact Disney and let them know.

Jerm

drew smith said:
All 7 dwarfs were out at MNSSHP. If you want to meet Grumpy that is your best bet.

From my last few visits they are almost always on Main Street USA in the morning. 1 time I went from one to another getting pics with each........why oh why didn't I get them all together now that would be a great pic!!!

J

mkepcotmgmak

when i was working in entertainment, i ran into Rabbit, from Winnie the Pooh, and he was in 'testing' phase, but he will be out and about soon, if not already! It was about 3 months ago when i saw him!

it was strongly rumored that Chewbacca would be out full-time in the Studios, and hopefully, it will happen next may, after star wars weekends, if i can save enough money to live in florida, you know... for ... cough, cough... chewy support!

mkepcotmgmak said:
when i was working in entertainment, i ran into Rabbit, from Winnie the Pooh, and he was in 'testing' phase, but he will be out and about soon, if not already!

Well, I've seen Rabbit several times at the Toontown Teardrop (the area near the Toontown Fair train station) over the last few weeks.

Atta83

disneyphilip said:
Well, I've seen Rabbit several times at the Toontown Teardrop (the area near the Toontown Fair train station) over the last few weeks.

He also appears in the toon town hall of fame tent with the pooh characters.

Atta83

loading890 said:
Who appears at the teardrop? Ive never seen that......is it a regular spot for character greetingS?

Random characters appear here and their apperances are also random. I could not tell you who would appear there or when they appear.

Edeyore

You know they had the gnomes from the Gnome Mobile in the parks for years. Nobody noticed so the scrapped the idea. There is nothing worse
than an unemployed gnome.

JBoogie

Atta83 said:
I heard Kronk and Kuzco were out and running around MGM...

I would love to see Kronk and Kuzco! I hope when I get to go next year that they are still testing or better yet having all these new characters out on a regular basis! Maybe for the 50th Anniversary they will have them all out. That would be great.

A friend of mine at work, her cousin was just hired to play Snow White! I told her I was very jealous cuz Snow White is her cousin...haha

Tarbi

I am not sure if it rare to see this character but I saw Rebecca from Talespin right next to lauch oad on my last visit. Lots and lots of people said "Whos that mommy", only for one woman to say "Well thats Tiggger's wife, and that that Donald Duck's son". I cant work out how they thought that but I did die a little inside. Anyway I ran up and told Rebecca to hang in there as I knew and loved here.

On another note. Last year I asked Guest Relations at all parks if there was any chance of Darkwing Duck making a come back, and they said "YOu never know here at Disney, but at the moment, no". So I am very happy he is out again, any chance of a photo folks? Also I think he has a bit of teen/aldut cult following. I love him!!!

DLP Fan

A couple of years back I got a nice wee surprise upon entering The Disney MGM Studios, Kuzco! As a lama! He was SO funny. Don't think I have ever laughed so much. His, emmm, 'costume?!' was fantastic. Only ever saw him that once but I will never forget it.

I have visited Walt Disney World from here in Scotland on 15 seperate holidays since 1993 with my parents. We love the place! This year however I went on holiday with my girlfriend so no Disney World trip. :( Really missed it. So to make up for it we are going to Paris in two weeks. SO excited. This will be my forth trip there. It is really good there and more people should go. It's a shame its doing so poorly financially. Damn that Eisner and his 'second parks.' Anyway, in Paris the characters get a really hard time. Kids don't stand in line and wait there turn, and the parents are worse. They push their kids to the front and push other kids out the way! No joke!

While I was there one October the DisneyLand Park had Frontierland as a sort of HalloweenLand with so many villians, and boy do these guys have fun! They push kids out the way and run around and really annoy the kids. Its so funny. The villians must love getting a bit of revenge from all the harrasement they get as the more 'friendly' characters. Once I saw a kid give Gov. Ratcliffe his autograph book and a pen, only for Ratcliffe to throw the pen over one shoulder, and the book an the ground in a puddle! The kid was screaming! And his folks didn't look to amused either! Pain and Panic would do the exact same. Also if you got anywhere close to them and were about to take a photograph they would suddenly turn around or run away, wasting the picture. I always try and wait my turn and be nice and the characters seem to appreciate it and spend more time with you. Tend to see some more unusual characters in Paris. Character breakfasts can be an odd mix. Sometimes get Chip but no Dale. Bit odd.

Really glad to hear of the mix of characters coming to Disney World. Sounds really good. I loved the Characters on Holiday in Epcot a few years back. Always got a really good fun mixture there. Is that still going?

Night_Aaron

mkepcotmgmak said:
it was strongly rumored that Chewbacca would be out full-time in the Studios, and hopefully, it will happen next may, after star wars weekends, if i can save enough money to live in florida, you know... for ... cough, cough... chewy support!

You seem to know a lot about Chewbacca, Josh. Do you know him or something? :p

JBoogie

DLP Fan said:
Really glad to hear of the mix of characters coming to Disney World. Sounds really good. I loved the Characters on Holiday in Epcot a few years back. Always got a really good fun mixture there. Is that still going?

Yeah they are still doing the Characters on Holiday at Epcot, at least they were doing it in September and December...the last times I was there. I remember I was excited in December cuz they had Mushu on it, and I hadn't seen him since 2000. And I wasn't "allowed" to get a pic with him then, so I was all over the pic in December! Haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom