New Characters in the parks?

DisneyTrip2004 said:
I heard from a cast member that Tinkerbell will be in Tokyo Disney and if it works out they will have her here in WDW!

She used to rollerskate at the front of Fantillusion at TDL but she never did meets.

JBoogie said:
It was the first time they had ever done anything like that...we were handing them our autograph books and they didn't know what to sign...they were looking at each other and asking each other "what do we sign?" So they just started signing "cheetah", "snake", "zebra", "warthog"....one of the Tumble Monkey's signed "KONG"! The Tumble Monkey's were hilarious, the were rolling all around, leaping around, and picking bugs off each other and posing for pictures. The ringmaster guy was out, guys on stilts were out, the flame thrower....maybe I can see if some of the pics can get scanned and maybe somehow if I learn how I could post the pics! :drevil: It was so freaking awesome! It became one of the highlights of our trip!!!!

Actually, this wasn't the first time it happened. Meet and greets are done anytime there are technical difficulties before the show but after the theater has been loaded. The performers also know to sign their character names. :wave:

I wonder when Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar are going to start doing meet-and-greets.

I know that they're already appearing in the Halloween parade, though.

However, I did hear that when Clarabelle and Horace start doing meets, they might appear in the Diamond Horseshoe.

I also heard that quite a few characters are coming to WDW from DL, in addition to Clarabelle and Horace.

fruitcake said:
Thumper in the parks....my hubby will be in heaven!!! He is one of his favorite characters. And the thought of Bernard and Bianca from the Rescuers....that is awesome!!! :sohappy: Hopefully they will all be out in 43 days!! Also good to hear that the Robin Hood characters are back out. We saw them 10 years ago in Epcot when we were there for our honeymoon. That is one of my all time favorite movies. Actually my main mission this time is to find Dopey. I remember first meeting him on my first trip to Disney when I was four, and have never come acrosss any of the dwarves since. You know a "fruitcake" just has to meet Dopey! :) We have scheduled the PSB so we can meets all the princess'...something else I have never had the opportunity to do.
You may be able to find Dopey in Exposition Hall on Main Street in MK in the afternoons. I saw him there several times this past summer. Also, you can ask for a schedule of character appearances in City Hall. Hope you see Dopey soon!

tirian said:
It's time for Disney to resurrect the old characters and allow children to fall in love with them again. When I was seven and we went to WDW, nearly every character was out, including Mr. Walrus (I have a pic with him), Bernard, Bianca, Dumbo, Aurora and Prince Philip, and many, many others.

In fact, one of my favorite Disney memories involves Chip and Dale as Rescue Rangers: the meet-and-greet line was extremely long, and the Adventureland manager came out and turned people away because they were crowding the characters. My family had just gotten in line; and as we turned to walk away, the manager tapped my mom's arm and told her, "Hey, ya'll can come with me." He brought us to Chip and Dale, where we got premium time with two very popular characters! Great pics: it's in the middle of July, and hardly anyone else is in the picture.
You may find Mr. Walrus in Magic Kingdom if you come to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party sometime this month. Special events liuke this are a good time to find characters that are rarely seen. Good luck!

celestia

Goliath!

Does anyone have a photo of Goliath?
I heard he was out last year too for october. I'm a huge gargoyle's fan. :)
Would love to see brooklyn and the others, it would be neat especially now that they have gargoyles playing reruns with full force (including 5 hour marathons on fridays this month) on toon disney.

DisneyMemories

I'm still a huge fan of the classic Disney Characters,would be interesting how they would do a Nemo and friends meet and greet. Wish they would bring back more of the classics from our childhood.

Atta83

DisneyMemories said:
I'm still a huge fan of the classic Disney Characters,would be interesting how they would do a Nemo and friends meet and greet. Wish they would bring back more of the classics from our childhood.

Nemo is usually found near the living seas area.

I've yet to find Huey, Dewey & Louie in the park, even since it was said that they would be coming back.

Where are they? Where do they appear for meet-and-greets?

But I recently heard that those 3 are going to be in the Christmas parade this year.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Two questions.

I saw a picture of Nemo. How is that controlled or does it just sit there and you have to pretend? :lol: It looks to small for someone to be in and I have no clue how they would see out. Is it remote controled and what happens if a kid wants an autograph? :veryconfu

The second question is do the CMs have to actually learn how to sign the characters names because everytime the autographs look EXACTLY the same which I thought was cool rather than them just writing their name down.

Atta83

Sledge said:
Two questions.

I saw a picture of Nemo. How is that controlled or does it just sit there and you have to pretend? :lol: It looks to small for someone to be in and I have no clue how they would see out. Is it remote controled and what happens if a kid wants an autograph? :veryconfu

The second question is do the CMs have to actually learn how to sign the characters names because everytime the autographs look EXACTLY the same which I thought was cool rather than them just writing their name down.
PM me I want to keep the magic on the boards. :)

johnvree

I wish they had more diversity at the character meals. My kids love them, but I think even they get bored of Chip & Dale, Minnie and, even, forgive me for saying this, Mickey.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Does it ever work out where a character is a lefty and when you see them later that day they are writing with their right hand? :lookaroun

Sledge

Account Suspended
Greeeeeeat. A freakin' mouse, dog, and a duck can write with both hands yet when I try to do it it looks like crap. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom