New attractions for AK

Walt_Disney

Original Poster
I just heard from a very reliable source that Animal Kingdom is going to undergo a major upgrade and expansion... a new land of sorts...

Don't worry this isn't another BK thread or another thread on how Disney is worried about HP. This is an entire new idea that's been in the works for 5 years and now has been green-lit. Construction has been quietly going on for a few months now and the project will be completed by the fall of 2011.

That's all I can say about it for now.....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I just heard from a very reliable source that Animal Kingdom is going to undergo a major upgrade and expansion... a new land of sorts...

Don't worry this isn't another BK thread or another thread on how Disney is worried about HP. This is an entire new idea that's been in the works for 5 years and now has been green-lit. Construction has been quietly going on for a few months now and the project will be completed by the fall of 2011.

Well, I was just there last week and didn't see much evidence of construction anywhere. And considering they've just barely broken ground on the FLE......

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

There is no construction going on now and certainly nothing on the scale of an entire new land to open by 2011.

Optimus Mouse

A major upgrade has been quietly going on for months, has an opening planned just over a year away, and there has been no official word or marketing blitz to promote it, nor any leaks from well-placed sources to confirm?

Evil Genius

From a sit down conversation I had with an imagineer about a year ago the next big project that would effect Animal Kingdom is a long way off but still definately going to happen.

I doubt you'll be seeing any construction signs though anywhere in the near future. But there is something coming and it has been discussed on these boards and the Disney "net" as a whole for a while now.

Of course all of the plans could change at the drop of a hat so take it for what it's worth.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is no construction going on now and certainly nothing on the scale of an entire new land to open by 2011.
Wasn't the MI expansion that got nixed due to the economy taking a free fall supposed to be open in the 2011-2012 time frame?

EpcotServo

"Alan, you act like I'm just gonna' walk in and find Beastly Kingdom waiting for me, saying they lost track of time..."

"Yeah...Wouldn't that be something?"

ChrisM

Heck, if Walt Disney himself is saying so, who am I to doubt it?

Apparently Walt's consciousness has been loaded into the interwebs and is furiously bouncing around trying to make sense of his strange new reality. First the nearly decade old thread resurrection and now this.

Good stuff.

PurpleDragon

Gotta love it when people quote a friend of a friend whos brother is a CM who cleans the bathrooms at MK, as a "reliable source". LOL!! :hammer::brick:

beyondyou

the new ride is going to be a new land. It'll have combinations of BK(value meal), MI(Tom Cruise), and Indiana Jones Adventure(brought to you by Taco Bell)
this will be exciting

GrumpyFan

You can definitely tell it's officially Summer here at WDWMAGIC.

Yep, school's out, here come the kiddies...
There is some good in some of these thread resurrections, though. For those of us who haven't been around for the whole decade, we get to see some (new) old stuff. Nice to see things haven't changed much though. :lol:

Alektronic

Heck, if Walt Disney himself is saying so, who am I to doubt it?

Apparently Walt's consciousness has been loaded into the interwebs and is furiously bouncing around trying to make sense of his strange new reality. First the nearly decade old thread resurrection and now this.

Good stuff.

Maybe he fell into an old well on Discovery Island and turned an old Donkey Wheel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom