New attractions for AK

_Scar

Kevin Yee says Australia?

The same guy who dug up the buried rumor of Crush's Coaster for DHS that no insider has heard a peep of since MI?

Yup, I totally believe him!!

cbconglom

while we are discussing it... where would the expansion take place?
akexpansion.jpg

JungleTrekFan

while we are discussing it... where would the expansion take place?

MI/Beastly/ other mythical land would be where camp minnie mickey is.

Australia/were tiger river run should have been is north of asia.

And the plot behind everest (I personally wish was the rest of the Himalayan mountain range and more of expedition; everest) has no plans

Lee

Adventurer
Construction has been quietly going on for a few months now and the project will be completed by the fall of 2011.
Ummm.....no.

Here's what's going on with the Animal Kingdom right now... nothing.
Yes.

As for Kevin, I continue to doubt Australia. I have stood within earshot of Joe Rohde saying "No" when asked about it. Could have changed...but I doubt it. You got your Kangaroos and Koala bears and....um....a big rock?
Not a lot there for a land.

And Jim's statement about a WoC type show.....no again. Someone's wishful thinking, I believe.
In order to put a show of that sort in the lagoon would require draining the whole thing (lagoon, Discovery river, etc) and making it a self-contained, concrete-lined body of water like Paradise Bay. ($$$$$) Then they would have to construct a viewing area for several thousand people ($$$$$$$). Finally, they would have to keep the park open late enough for it to get dark in the summer, something they have been unwilling to do for years.

The next major expansion to AK will be on the Camp side. What concept they end up going with, is anybody's guess at this point, but I do hear that a decision may be coming soon-ish.

BrerFrog

I just heard from a very reliable source that Animal Kingdom is going to undergo a major upgrade and expansion... a new land of sorts...

Don't worry this isn't another BK thread or another thread on how Disney is worried about HP. This is an entire new idea that's been in the works for 5 years and now has been green-lit. Construction has been quietly going on for a few months now and the project will be completed by the fall of 2011.

That's all I can say about it for now.....

You had me until that sentence. :ROFLOL:

Nice job, though!

aklodge

What concept they end up going with, is anybody's guess at this point, but I do hear that a decision may be coming soon-ish.
How soon do you think is "soon-ish?" They really can't wait much longer, as Everest is in dire need of a decent refurb and without any other major attractions, it will bring the entire park to its knees in a hurry. Although, perhaps that's what TDO needs, a major reality check and a swift kick in the butt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom