New attractions for AK

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Would one of you please post the PM from drew81 here so the rest of us can enjoy it. We'll all pretend we don't know where it came from. :lookaroun

I don't think that Drew is going to risk his job by relaying info that he shouldn't.

At least I wouldn't.

SleepingMonk

Yeah, never happen....but I can keep the dream alive....

Japan022.jpg

misterID

^^

I think that has a better chance than most of the rumors. Mystic Manor would look really good on any certain "Island" that might make its way to AK. Now that's a pipe dream. :D

_Scar

I hope those JTTCOTE rumors are still alive. I saw the Lava Monster on the DAK Travel Channel DVD that just came out at the end when talking about the future of the park.

EPCOTCenterLover

Maybe the new Fantasyland forest will give us a hint of the company's commitment to excellence or commerce. If its a great expansion, then let them touch the beautiful but underdeveloped DAK. No more Dinorama please!

Magenta Panther

Disney should start going full-blast on reviving Beastly Kingdom. First of all, because it's a great idea - it's the main reason I got excited about Animal Kingdom in the first place. As it is, I spend very little time at AK when I'm at Disney World. It's just a big zoo with a malfunctioning Yeti ride. Big deal.

Second reason - five words: Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

RadioHead

Disney should start going full-blast on reviving Beastly Kingdom. First of all, because it's a great idea - it's the main reason I got excited about Animal Kingdom in the first place. As it is, I spend very little time at AK when I'm at Disney World. It's just a big zoo with a malfunctioning Yeti ride. Big deal.

A zoo? It's the best themed park in all of disney world. I mean it's extremely authentic, considering I've been to those parts of the world.

erasure fan1

A zoo? It's the best themed park in all of disney world. I mean it's extremely authentic, considering I've been to those parts of the world.
yea "the best themed park" you can go through in less than half a day. Like Ive said before, fix what you have, add a new land (with at least an e-ticket and a couple dark rides) and you could have one of the greatest parks, EVER.

Tigerace81

Why should Disney be scared of Harry Potter? Its a dying trend. Movie 7 is coming out this year and then theres nothing more from HP. No movies, no books, nothing. This project came out too late to make a major impact. It should have came out around movie #3 or 4.

And if you think AK is just a "zoo" then you apparently havent spent but about a hour total in the park.

Lucky

yea "the best themed park" you can go through in less than half a day. Like Ive said before, fix what you have, add a new land (with at least an e-ticket and a couple dark rides) and you could have one of the greatest parks, EVER.
I could go through any theme park in the world in less than half a day, if I wanted to be narrow minded enough.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If AK only takes half a day you are doing it wrong.

RSoxNo1

Why should Disney be scared of Harry Potter? Its a dying trend. Movie 7 is coming out this year and then theres nothing more from HP. No movies, no books, nothing. This project came out too late to make a major impact. It should have came out around movie #3 or 4.

And if you think AK is just a "zoo" then you apparently havent spent but about a hour total in the park.

Well, there's another movie coming out in 2011 (Book 7 is being split into two parts). More importantly, the effect of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter can't be underestimated. If Disney underestimated their competition they wouldn't be in the position they're in now - the leader in the industry.

I guarantee that they have a plan in place, should The Wizarding World directly effect their bottom line. They had similar plans in place when Islands of Adventure first opened, but they found they didn't have to implement these plans. After the initial surge of fandom dies down for the IOA expansion, I expect Disney to determine how strong a reaction they need to go forward with.

misterID

If it weren't for Pumbas countering all the fan boy stupidity going on here since HP opened up (go figure), I'm pretty sure all our IQ's would have plummeted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom