New attractions for AK

JungleTrekFan

I much rather they expanded Kali river Rapid into the cleared land and went back to the original plan and add live animals. Even if its just some of the Elds Deer or a Tapir or two. I feel like the ride is just a tad to short and needs more animals then the statues of elephants.

Tigerace81

Expanding the ride would be more costly then you think. The only spot you could do it backs right up on the water tanks and etc for the ride. Plus Kali doesnt need expanding. The park needs a new area.

zweltar

A new area would be good. I know, obvious, right? Well, apparently it isn't so obvious to those in charge in Orlando.

misterID

I still think the 2 shows that were planned for the Africa pavilion in EPCOT would be a great theme for a dark ride. The Taste of Africa sounds like it came directly from it.

IWant2GoNow

4 simple words that will please virtually everyone.

Lion King Dark Ride

That's a pretty good idea. But if they did that would they still keep FotLK? I think Lion King is represented very well with that show. Not sure they'd market another Lion King attraction there.

Now a Jungle Book Dark Ride, although outdated movie-wise, I think would do quite well.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That's a pretty good idea. But if they did that would they still keep FotLK? I think Lion King is represented very well with that show. Not sure they'd market another Lion King attraction there.

Now a Jungle Book Dark Ride, although outdated movie-wise, I think would do quite well.

No more so than Snow White, Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio...in fact less so

Bork Bork

What I wouldn't give to see King Louie and Baloo gettin' down with some Jungle Rhythm! I had never thought about a Jungle Book dark ride, but the more I do the more I like it.:sohappy:

JungleTrekFan

Either the ride would have to be outside or very well themed so you felt like you were still outside. Otherwise a dark ride in AK would seem very out of place.

inluvwithbeast

So my relatives just got back from WDW last week and I was talking to them today about their trip. They've been before, but my cousins were little, and they only went to MK and EPCOT.

My mom asked them what they thought about AK.

Aunt: "Eh. It was pretty until we got to that Dinosaur carnival place? We thought it looked really cheap compared to the rest of the park. It just didin't belong."

BINGO.

So how could the give Dino Land a face lift? Hmm. Think, think, think.

_Scar

FotLK does not even come close to representing LK as a whole imo. It's commonly looked at as Disney's, scratch that, animations finest work. A show, as good as it is, will never fully represent it imo.

We need a good ole' fashioned massive E-ticket on the scale of DL's Pirates.

JungleTrekFan

And you don't think that Disney is capable of theming a Jungle Book dark ride to fit into AK?

Disney is more then capable to do it, the problem is that it will take more effort and money then a dark ride you would find in Fantasyland.

It would have to fit into AK's higher level of detail so that it doesn't clash like Dinorama does.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Disney is more then capable to do it, the problem is that it will take more effort and money then a dark ride you would find in Fantasyland.

It would have to fit into AK's higher level of detail so that it doesn't clash like Dinorama does.

There are many forms of dark rides. The HM and PotC are both dark rides. They are nothing like the dark rides in Fantasyland. I think you are limiting your idea of what constitutes a dark ride.

IWant2GoNow

There are many forms of dark rides. The HM and PotC are both dark rides. They are nothing like the dark rides in Fantasyland. I think you are limiting your idea of what constitutes a dark ride.

Ya. Isn't Pooh's Honey Hunt technically a dark ride? But if you watch video of it or have been on it, it feels exactly like you're in the middle of the woods on a fall day. And jungle's in general have limited light because of dense foliage so it could definitely work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom