New attractions for AK

_Scar

A Bambi dark ride would make more sense than any of those if they were to keep the Camp Minnie Mickey theme.

Sorry but imo Bambi is no dark ride material because:

A.) The story takes place through two sections of time
B.) The story is extremely sad
C.) It isn't too relevant

RSoxNo1

Sorry but imo Bambi is no dark ride material because:

A.) The story takes place through two sections of time
B.) The story is extremely sad
C.) It isn't too relevant

Fair points. For me I'd be looking for something that could be both an indoor and outdoor attraction, and feature live and animatronic animals.

RSoxNo1

So my relatives just got back from WDW last week and I was talking to them today about their trip. They've been before, but my cousins were little, and they only went to MK and EPCOT.

My mom asked them what they thought about AK.

Aunt: "Eh. It was pretty until we got to that Dinosaur carnival place? We thought it looked really cheap compared to the rest of the park. It just didin't belong."

BINGO.

So how could the give Dino Land a face lift? Hmm. Think, think, think.

I think they could even keep a spinner attraction in the area. Make the dinosaurs look more realistic instead of cartoony, and do the same with the games. To me the biggest problem with the area is Primeval Whirl. A legit dark ride featuring other extinct animals would be a great addition, as would The Excavator.

I just don't see Dinorama getting replaced for a while. I think they have to expand another area of the park before re-doing Dinorama. It was a "quick fix" for capacity issues, and of course it shows. However, they really only made the one long term addition in Expedition Everest so to close down Dinorama would make the park seem even more congested.

SeaCastle

I just don't see Dinorama getting replaced for a while. I think they have to expand another area of the park before re-doing Dinorama. It was a "quick fix" for capacity issues, and of course it shows. However, they really only made the one long term addition in Expedition Everest so to close down Dinorama would make the park seem even more congested.

I'd like to see Dinoland re-themed. They could re-theme the whole area to some sort of South American jungle land, re-theming Dinosaur to an Indiana Jones Adventure and doing away with the tacky carnival theming. That said, I'd like to see Camp Minnie-Mickey gone first.

drew81

ctxak98

Ok so u want to change the whole dino area!.....I get changing the carnival area because it looks tacky but countdown to extinction was one of the first rides in animal kingdom and is now a classic in my eyes....making it indiana jones would have nothing to do with animals extinct real or imaginary!.....that ride is due for changes and new ideas in it! :)) but no need to re-theme that ride.....but beastly kingdom is something disney should be considering right now if they want to compete with potter.

MotherOfBirds

I concur that new Dinoland is tacky. Quite tacky. Walt was noted for disliking that traveling carnival-set-up-on-a-parking-lot sort of thing, which is why he didn't make anything like that in his parks. The goal was to make an immersive environment and this area is definitely contrary that. There's no mistaking that something needs to be added sing both things that there are to do in DLUSA either need work or need to be ripped out.

toolsnspools

Would one of you please post the PM from drew81 here so the rest of us can enjoy it. We'll all pretend we don't know where it came from. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom