New AP rates coming soon!

ILOVEDISNEY

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I understand what you were saying now. I can request a block of 10 rooms and I can sell them at a reduced rate, but I do have to put up the deposit myself. And I am just a small company, so unless I have the demand or a large group, I won't be doing that. I can also do it for the cruise lines. But then again I have to have the $$$ to put down. If WDWMagic members want to all stay at the same hotel, I can definately work something like that out for them. :lol: Yes, Anyone can use the codes. I use them for my clients to save them money. Yes, you must be registered with Disney. You have to go to classes to become a travel agent and then more classes on owning an agency. There is quite a bit involved in doing it.

I know this conversation is WOT, but where do you take these classes? I am now living in the desert near Kingman, AZ. The last time I looked the nearest big city is Las Vegas which is about 120 miles from my trailer. Is there someplace on the Internet you can use to learn how to become a TA and/or just buy a license/certificate to become a TA? How do you register with Disney? Do you call WDW, or is there a secret code/phone number they give you at the travel agent school?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
You have to contact IATA. They can explain it all to you. As far as I know, you have to go to an accredited school.

Pam

Gucci65

I am patiently awaiting these discounts as well.
Definately glad they were not released last week while I was
on vacation.

fjm777

ILOVEDISNEY said:
...the CM, Mindy Jo, told me AP rates would probably be coming 1 August and would only be $1-2 lower.

I realize Mindy said probably but it's Aug 1, where are those codes????!!!!!
I can't even begin to decide when I am going until I see what the discounts are going to be like for the rest of this year.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I talked to a CM this morning and she told me any time now they will be coming out. I am trying to find a more concrete answer. Just as soon as I find out when the new specials will be released to the public, we can pretty much bet that the new AP rates will follow.

Isn't the new MIckey Monitor due out soon? There will definately be information in there about it.

Pam

imamouse

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I talked to a CM this morning and she told me any time now they will be coming out. I am trying to find a more concrete answer. Just as soon as I find out when the new specials will be released to the public, we can pretty much bet that the new AP rates will follow.

Isn't the new MIckey Monitor due out soon? There will definately be information in there about it.

Pam

The August MM is available online, but it does not mention any discounts, AP or otherwise. :cry:

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
How much time does that cover? I was told by the CM that when the new MM comes out that any new discount would be in there.

chancellor

I got the new Mickey Monitor in the mail and there is no mention of AP or any other discounts. Theoretically, this MM will cover the time period until the next issue, which will be in November. In my experience, there are usually a lot more discounts out there than whet they announce in the MM (except, of course, for this fall).

With the announcement of 3 extra weeks on the seasonal passes and the Play 4 Days pass, you would think they would at least have Florida resident rates out for Sept., but they don't even have those (though the public code is OK).

I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they skip September like they did last year. Last year October thru December rates weren't announced until the last week of August.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I discussed the play 4 days passes with the Cm also and she was surprised that they haven't released the FL. resident rates also.

phlydude

CiNdErELLiE930 said:
I have a reservation but will be getting an AP pass once I arrive. Will they change my rate when I check in to an AP rate? (saves $5 per day)

To guarantee you get the AP rate, call reservations and ask for the AP discount to be applied to your existing reservation. I had to change mine because standard view rooms were not eligible for the discount.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Sept AP rates are out. EWK

oops, let me add this. When you call they will tell you that it is pending. Keep calling, this will be in the system within the next 24 hours.

Pam

phlydude

Kingdom Konsultant said:
Sept AP rates are out. EWK

oops, let me add this. When you call they will tell you that it is pending. Keep calling, this will be in the system within the next 24 hours.

Pam

Pam ROCKS!!! :sohappy: :wave: :sohappy:

tinkerella

Thanks for the info. I have been lurking here for a while, this is my very first post! I had a feeling you would find out before anybody else.

Do you know if this code will also include October?

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom