NEVER AGAIN!

mweier

Garden grill (or any character meal). Hopelessly overpriced and mediocre food. Worst meal of our last trip.

75disney

Resorts: Any All Star resort (too garish for my taste)
Attractions: LMA (boring), Ellen's Energy Adventure (snooze fest), Captain EO (really, Disney, you brought it back?!)
Restaurants: Crystal Palace (longest wait even with ADR and characters skipped my table).

I would also skip Splash Mountain (don't yell at me) and Kali, but that is because I hate getting wet on rides. I haven never been on Kali, but SM is a great ride except we got soaked by a water canyon at the beginning of the ride. So, never again.

75disney

Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow: Pointless and almost fascinatingly condescending to its audience. The projection effects, particularly of Johnny Depp are unimpressive, and I'm amazed that that's the best take they got from Mr. Depp to use in the show.

Lotus Blossom Cafe: I have good memories of this place when I was a kid, but the shrimp fried rice I got there this past September was lukewarm and bland, and nasty, with pea-sized shrimp.

Pop Century: Nothing wrong with the value resorts specifically, but the rest of the Disney resorts, even at the moderate level do an admirable job of transporting you to a particular place and time. This thing feels like a large motel six that attempted to eat a particularly ugly miniature golf course. The savings simply aren't worth it.

Ellen's Energy Adventure. I look at it this way: Since walking to the pavilion and seeing the show takes up the better part of an hour, a day at EPCOT is going to be less than 12 hours long and a ticket is about $90, not counting hotel stay, seeing this rickety old thing costs about as much as going to the local cinema and watching Gravity. This isn't a good value.

Lights Motors Action: See above, but add in the fact that I think Michael Bay should be tried for crimes against man and art. I liked this place better when Bea Arthur and Betty White lived there.

Gran Fiesta Tour: In my opinion the most offensive overlay of a ride ever, beating out Stitch's Great Eructation and Journey into Michael Eisner's Imagination. It exemplifies everything wrong with Disney rides today: Screens replacing props, characters where there ought not to be characters, and and an overall trend to discard what was interesting, quiet, and idiosyncratic with a lot of noise and flailing around.
You are hilarious. Love your description of Pop Century!

dhsaddict83

I love most all of WDW; however, no park is ever perfect, and that's why there's a few things I don't like all that much. Some of these I know you'll be surprised to read (and I'm not making any of these up).

Things I don't like and won't do:
1. Magic Kingdom after 7pm - Sorry but I can't "stand" (literally) the gridlock during the nightly parades. From the daytime crowd trying to exit to the night time/EMH crowd trying to enter at the exact same time, I'm just tired of being pushed [into someone else from behind] and ran into by strollers :mad:. While the regular nightly parades/fireworks are crowded (especially if you're on the Liberty Square side of the castle), this really pales into comparison to the truly record setting gridlock of the all day May 24th (and Villaneous Friday the 13th at DHS) events which was at least 5x worse IMO.
2. Space Mountain (after the 10/2013 "refurb") - I won't do Space Mountain again until they remove the brakes from the largest (most fun) drop (rather ironic that I'm not a daredevil, and refuse to ride a roller coaster because it's too slow). I've already criticized this in a different thread, so I won't repeat myself here, but simply say that the ride was safe and fun without the brakes there for months/years.
3. Soarin' - Now, I've been on this ride at least 4 times in its existence, and I'll say it's an awesome ride, but (definitely NOT Disney's fault)... every time (after the 1st) I ride this, I seriously get overtaken. You know that teary-eyed feeling you get when you hear someone sing the (U.S.) National Anthem? I get this feeling every time I ride Soarin' which is why it tops the charts on my "banned rides" list (the entire ride & music are really well-done, but maybe if they made the music less emo, I'd be able to tolerate it better...)!
4. Small World - My other "banned" ride that I refuse to ride for exactly the same reason as Soarin'.
I've wanted to (and still might create) a new thread on "Banned Rides," but these 2 (Soarin' & S.W.) are the only 2 rides I will never ride at WDW!

Edit 1: Add the "Hoop-Tee-Doo Review" & MS
5. Hoop-Tee-Doo Review (Revu?) Dinner Show - Been there, done that once, and sure, it was entertaining, but not worth going to more than once!
6. Mission Space Orange - I almost got sick the time I tried the Orange version, but I can do the Green Version, no problem!
7. MK Tea Cups - Get dizzy and then puke up your food afterwards...? No thanks.

Last edited:

Disney Shib

The attraction I will never do again would probably have to be the movie at the end of Maelstrom. I felt like it was more like a travel brochure then anything actually interesting about Norway. I also didnt like that the doors locked me in there. Felt like a prisoner haha. Love Maelstrom though!

I would never eat at Crystal Palace again. I have never been more sick in my life.

taz0162

The only place/attraction/resteraunt I would say is Coral Reef. Simply terrible, food quality, service, and speediness of service. Yuck!!! :hungover:

Figments Friend

My list of must avoids/never agains is pretty huge. Ride wise, I'll probably never ride Ellen's Energy Adventure. It's outdated, takes too long and rather corny. And for food, I'll never eat at ABC Commissary and Lotus Blossom Cafe. Being Taiwanese-American, I do have high expectations for Chinese food and well, the Chinese food they served there was very Americanized. I guess Florida isn't the best state to choose when it comes to Chinese food. But ABC Commissary, I could rant on that all day. Probably my worst meal ever. Their fish and chips was just blech. It was extremely greasy and more battered coating and not enough fish. They changed the menu since my last visit but since the general consensus is to avoid Hollywood Studios QS places at all costs, I'm staying away from any QS place there!

I find the Commissary to be a decent CS, but it would not be a place i would think of getting fish & chips.
For that, the better options are Columbia Harbor House in MK and Yorkshire Fish Shop in the UK at EPCOT's World Showcase.

The best thing on the menu at the Commissary is the Asian Salad. I find it very tasty.

Figments Friend

Gran Fiesta Tour: In my opinion the most offensive overlay of a ride ever, beating out Stitch's Great Eructation and Journey into Michael Eisner's Imagination. It exemplifies everything wrong with Disney rides today: Screens replacing props, characters where there ought not to be characters, and and an overall trend to discard what was interesting, quiet, and idiosyncratic with a lot of noise and flailing around.

Beautifully stated.
You should mail this to Guest Relations.

The original ride had a lot of respect to the culture of the people, but the 'characterized' overlay seemed to completely paint over that.
A shame really, as 'El Rio..' was once one of my fave WS attractions back in the day.

Last edited:

SAV

I am able to handle any ride...except for Astro Orbiter. I came off of that thing feeling dizzy and not right in the head. It took a few hours to get back to feeling good again.

James122

I have a few more to add now that I've thought about it a little:

The American Idol Experience - the novelty quickly wore off after the first year or so

It's Tough To Be A Bug

Planet Hollywood at Downtown Disney - I thought the food was lousy and overpriced

Disney Quest - It was kind of fun, but IMO not worth what we paid.

Aldaddin's Magic Carpets

Pop Century: Nothing wrong with the value resorts specifically, but the rest of the Disney resorts, even at the moderate level do an admirable job of transporting you to a particular place and time. This thing feels like a large motel six that attempted to eat a particularly ugly miniature golf course. The savings simply aren't worth it.

This is part of the reason Pop Century is on my list - Yeah it was cheap, but you get what you pay for, which wasn't much. A commentator on another Disney info website once said that outside the Disney Bubble, Pop Century would be considered a motel but because it's on property, it's considered a 'resort'.

Last edited:

jw24

I find the Commissary to be a decent CS, but it would not be a place i would think of getting fish & chips.
For that, the better options are Columbia Harbor House in MK and Yorkshire Fish Shop in the UK at EPCOT's World Showcase.

The best thing on the menu at the Commissary is the Asian Salad. I find it very tasty.

I am aware of the better options for fish and chips nowadays. I just wish at the time, I knew about it sooner! :arghh: That 2010 trip I didn't make the smartest decisions about where to eat at.
Also another place came to mind: Pizza Planet at HS. Certainly not the best pizza I had but the CS pizza is all the same! There are much better places out there for pizza like Via Napoli, Splitsville or Wolfgang Puck Express!

Last edited:

coltow

I do not like anything where things "touch me" so Stitch & Tough to be a Bug are definate no-no's for me

I will never stay at Yacht Club again. I don't know why everyone brags about it. If I wanted to swim and walk around sand I'd go to the beach so the pool to me was not more then a glorified beach. Our room seems closer to Swan/Dolphin then it was to the lobby. It was hard to simply get a quick bite to eat without needing to walk all the way to the other end of the resort. There is NO bus tofrom DHS and if lightening the boats dont run, so you either wait it out or walk. It was the one time I wrote a complaint letter. The boat was filling up with water, couldn't put feet on floor cuz there was a few inches of water there. Boat would not move and driver told all of us we were safer on the boat then we were walking and encouraged everyone to stay put...my sneakers didn't dry out for days.

Main Street Electrical Parade - just over it

Any CS pizza on property - pretty tasteless and too much dough

Crystal Palace - way too long of a wait and the food there was probably my least favorite

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom