NEVER AGAIN!

aladdin2007

Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow: Pointless and almost fascinatingly condescending to its audience. The projection effects, particularly of Johnny Depp are unimpressive, and I'm amazed that that's the best take they got from Mr. Depp to use in the show.

Lotus Blossom Cafe: I have good memories of this place when I was a kid, but the shrimp fried rice I got there this past September was lukewarm and bland, and nasty, with pea-sized shrimp.

Pop Century: Nothing wrong with the value resorts specifically, but the rest of the Disney resorts, even at the moderate level do an admirable job of transporting you to a particular place and time. This thing feels like a large motel six that attempted to eat a particularly ugly miniature golf course. The savings simply aren't worth it.

Ellen's Energy Adventure. I look at it this way: Since walking to the pavilion and seeing the show takes up the better part of an hour, a day at EPCOT is going to be less than 12 hours long and a ticket is about $90, not counting hotel stay, seeing this rickety old thing costs about as much as going to the local cinema and watching Gravity. This isn't a good value.

Lights Motors Action: See above, but add in the fact that I think Michael Bay should be tried for crimes against man and art. I liked this place better when Bea Arthur and Betty White lived there.

Gran Fiesta Tour: In my opinion the most offensive overlay of a ride ever, beating out Stitch's Great Eructation and Journey into Michael Eisner's Imagination. It exemplifies everything wrong with Disney rides today: Screens replacing props, characters where there ought not to be characters, and and an overall trend to discard what was interesting, quiet, and idiosyncratic with a lot of noise and flailing around.

THIS IN THE BOLD regarding gran fiesta!!! right on man right on!!!

my list would include Wishes in the MK believe it or not. Enjoy the show of course but the crowds stampede is not worth it, its just scary anymore and was not this bad even 5 years ago. other things would include dining in Canada, already reported in another thread how prices have gone up again......and as much as I love TestTrack and will probably still go on it, my neck and shoulder was so sore after the last time for two days, it was like real whiplash.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

Eat anything whatsoever.

Sit in a boat or vehicle with more than two people from countries whose inhabitants tend to vocalise their opinion in louder volume than the American standard.

James122

Stich's Great Escape - In my opinion, the worst ride in any of the US Disney parks
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Dinosaur - Been on it a couple times, I think I've had enough.

the vanguard

I will never again go the week after Christmas to New Years day... Way too many people. the best part was one night at MK when they had EMG till 3 AM. We waited all day to go to MK on New years eve and finally got to get in at 10 pm. Celebrated with everyone at midnight and rode a few rides to let the crowd die down. WORST IDEA EVER. Waited for a bus for an hour and half and then have another hour bus ride back to ALL STAR MUSIC.... NEVER AGAIN!

Matt_Black

Visit WDW (or anywhere which caters heavily to tourists) the week between Christmas & New Year's. :banghead:

I went during the same time last year, and didn't have a problem. It was crowded, yes, but manageable.

Anyway, for me, Legend of Jack Sparrow. Long wait to stand around and watch a movie. Granted, I liked the projection effects, and I thought the banter between Jack and the skull was pretty funny, but yeah, I don't need to do it again anytime soon.

wdwfan4ver

Primeval Whirl: Bad Coaster Ride and caused a party member neck problems for rest of the trip.

Sitch's Great Escape: Stitch needs to escape from this attraction permanently.

Indiana Stunt Spectacular: Good show, but this show hasn't changed it scenes since it opened.
Light's,Motor Action!: Saw it once, and that's I need especially during the hot afternoon in summer.

Hollywood and Vine: Change the name to Hollywood and Vile. I am saying this based off going there for dinner.

Tony's Town Square: Food tasted Blah.

Planet Hollywood: Gave place 2 chances and had problems after a good 1st experience. The first time was waiter lost my hotel card at the time. He needed it since I was on the Disney Dinning plan. The next time was food tasted bad and bad server.

Le Cellier: Place is hit or miss for lunch for quality of steaks in 2012 for my party and I don't want to take that chance as a 2 credit table service. I know people outside of the internet that had ADR's in 2012 at a different time than I did and had good streak only once out of 2 time also.

Studio Back lot Tour: Good attraction back in the 1990's, but it really doesn't deserve to exist anymore. The attraction is shell of its former self. Attraction was fine when DHS had a working Studio, and DHS hasn't had a work Studio for a long time.

ryguy

I won't go back to the buffet at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, not my cup of tea. Probably won't go on Dumbo until I have grand kids. Mission Space seems to intense (my luck I will have a unknown heart condition and keel over), don't really like food at Ohana but I do like the atmosphere. California Grill was just okay, to many suits. For some reason Dinosaur scares the heck out of me so I won't be doing that again either.

I would say Fantasmic is the most disappointing thing at Disney World. I find the show boring and lacking any real entertainment value. Unless they change the show drastically I probably wont go back.

On the flip side, some pleasant surprises:
Grand Floridan Cafe, Portobello, The Plaza Restaurant, Trails End buffet, Flippers Pizza (at crossroads), the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, the food court at Art of Animation, Artist Point, Tom Sawyer Island, Dole whips, Island Sunset at the Poly bar, paper straws at Yak n Yet (The World had them all over at the parks when I was kid), churros and cinnamon pretzels.

But if I could bring one thing back it would be the burger and fries from the grille next to Mona Mickeys Fun Hut circa 1984 :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
There is some stuff at Disney World that you just don't like, such as a ride, show, restaurant, etc. But is there anything on property that you will never do again? Is there anything that you just can't stand? It could be a ride, show, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. For me it would be 2: SGE and Tony's Town Square. SGE is just such a bad idea and the whole thing is just odd and boring. It is just plain awful altogether. Bring back Alien Encounter. Much better! TTS has a nice atmosphere, but the food. Blah! :depressed: I think I had the pasta and it tasted way undercooked, and the bread was bland. Later that evening my stomach started getting kind of queasy, so I only went on slower rides for the rest of the night. Is there anything on Disney property that you will never do again?
Tony's is also on our never do again list for many reasons. To make a long story short we had extremely long wait even WITH reservations like 1.5 hour wait!! They let people with no ressies get seated before us! The the waiter we had was very rude for no reason! Then the food was cold and tasteless!! The only good thing was the desert with the lady and the tramp characters drawn in chocolate on the plate. Just terrible and the worst dining experience we ever had anywhere! A close second that we will never go back to is Paradiso 37. Service not good, eventhough we were upstairs it was freezing as they leave the front door open all night and it was a chilly night last December. We could not even take our jackets off it was that bad. People even walked out that were the farthest from the door!! 3 tables left. We did complain especially after our food literally turned cold in less than 5 min due to the cold air from outside. Literally took one or 2 bites and it turned cold. They did not do anything about it when we told them our complaint! NOTHING but I'm sorry! Nothing offered to make it better etc. We were really nice about it too. Will never go back there either. :mad:

Magenta Panther

Stitch. It's a well-built but poorly-thought-out attraction. Plus the shoulder restraints HURT!!!

Journey Into Imagination. It's just so pathetic.

MuppetVision (surprise). Dated, pointless, irrelevant, waste of space.

Soarin'. What's the fuss all about?

rob45

I can't handle Space Mountain any more, trying to focus where i am in the darkness makes me queasy. (must be old age catching up on me). I haven't rode the Ellen attraction in years. Indy Stunt Show is something I pass also.

bgraham34

I will never do Astro Orbiter again. That was worse than the teacups for me.

Other than that I will ride or visit everything else again, even stitch if i have too.

Minnie1976

Mission Space and Space Mountain, I will never ride again. Mission Space made me queasy the rest of the morning and Space Mountain made my neck and head hurt. It was my first ever roller coaster and I hated it....LOL
I have to agree about Mission Space. I forgot about it because it is not a option for me anymore. I rode it 3 times, I know stupid. I was queasy after each time. Not fun!!!

Weather_Lady

For me: SGE (it was not entertaining: to the contrary, it was both boring and off-putting). Also, Mission:Space Orange. It's the only attraction anywhere in my entire life that has made me feel queasy. I love the green version, however.

Restaurants we wouldn't visit again: 50's PrimeTime (fun, but not something we need to repeat). We said the same about Coral Reef after an uninspiring visit last time, but on our upcoming trip we'll be joined by a couple of other family members who are very interested in dining there -- so I've suspended my judgment. ;)

rsoxguy

Pity. I really enjoyed my meal there last year.
Only downside is that the other people at our table weren't that friendly (or willing to sample the beer).
What didn't you like about it?

One reason is more personal, and the other one is more general. The personal reason lies in the fact that I do not enjoy "traditional" German food, as it seems like unhealthy, artery clogging, glorified and unsavory hot dogs and sausages. Also, I'm not fond of spending a day surrounded by massive crowds of people, only to have to eat with strangers for a meal in which I would prefer a bit of solace from the general population. I know, I know; unfair generalizations, but I did say it's personal. The general reason lies in the atmosphere. The mixed stench of beer and sauerkraut, along with a lot of noise, is not my idea of a great place to eat a meal after a day of noisy attractions. (For the sake of full disclosure, I don't drink beer and I don't eat sauerkraut, but the stench would still be overwhelmingly excessive nonetheless)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom