NEVER AGAIN!

Weather_Lady

Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow: Pointless and almost fascinatingly condescending to its audience. The projection effects, particularly of Johnny Depp are unimpressive, and I'm amazed that that's the best take they got from Mr. Depp to use in the show.

Lotus Blossom Cafe: I have good memories of this place when I was a kid, but the shrimp fried rice I got there this past September was lukewarm and bland, and nasty, with pea-sized shrimp.

Pop Century: Nothing wrong with the value resorts specifically, but the rest of the Disney resorts, even at the moderate level do an admirable job of transporting you to a particular place and time. This thing feels like a large motel six that attempted to eat a particularly ugly miniature golf course. The savings simply aren't worth it.

Ellen's Energy Adventure. I look at it this way: Since walking to the pavilion and seeing the show takes up the better part of an hour, a day at EPCOT is going to be less than 12 hours long and a ticket is about $90, not counting hotel stay, seeing this rickety old thing costs about as much as going to the local cinema and watching Gravity. This isn't a good value.

Lights Motors Action: See above, but add in the fact that I think Michael Bay should be tried for crimes against man and art. I liked this place better when Bea Arthur and Betty White lived there.

Gran Fiesta Tour: In my opinion the most offensive overlay of a ride ever, beating out Stitch's Great Eructation and Journey into Michael Eisner's Imagination. It exemplifies everything wrong with Disney rides today: Screens replacing props, characters where there ought not to be characters, and and an overall trend to discard what was interesting, quiet, and idiosyncratic with a lot of noise and flailing around.

I totally agree, particularly with your Gran Fiesta Tour assessment. Huge props for using the word "eructation"!!!

awoogala

Mission Space. Claustrophobic, takes too long and boring in green, and vomitous in orange.

Mama Melrose's. rude staff, bad service, and the food was crappy Italian.

Fantasmic. So cheap and overated. the fact that the villians mouths don't even match the words they are saying-ugh, what a waste of time!

Waiting for a parade. I just cannot bear the crush of bodies and the me-first attitude. Honestly, anytime I have tried to wait for a parade I come out hating humanity. Just not worth it.

Le Cellier. Overated.

Pizza Planet. Worse than Chuck E. Cheeses. Nothing like the movie, theming is a disappointment, and oh man that pizza is nasty! (My kid said it was cardboard covered in cheese)

The rest are planning times:
Go the week new college program comes on. They were awful, and the training slowed us down. (Obviously training has to happen, I'm just not planning my one week a year at that time again!)
go when POP Warner is there.
I would LOVE to add go when the Brazil tour groups are there, but it seems they are ALWAYS there. lol

Minnie1976

Pity. I really enjoyed my meal there last year.
Only downside is that the other people at our table weren't that friendly (or willing to sample the beer).
What didn't you like about it?
I only went once, but the same experience. The people weren't friendly at all. I'd rather just sit with the people I am with.

Bairstow

i absolutely hate the Finding Nemo Musical. wow. HATEEEE
We went once and left before it was over. I don't see the rave about it.

Wow, really?
The Finding Nemo show is probably the first theme park show I've really enjoyed. I get so tired of the normal Disney park stage musicals that unimaginatively try to copy the look and music of the movies. This one has an original score and an inventive combination of live action and puppetry that follows the tradition of the Lion King stage show and Avenue Q.

I don't suppose you two are fans of Robert Lopez's other work like Book of Mormon or Avenue Q, are you?

mouse_luv

Pop Century: Nothing wrong with the value resorts specifically, but the rest of the Disney resorts, even at the moderate level do an admirable job of transporting you to a particular place and time. This thing feels like a large motel six that attempted to eat a particularly ugly miniature golf course. The savings simply aren't worth it.

You took the words right out of my mouth on the description of the value resorts. LMAO! I will never stay at those!

hellowonderland

- Primeval Whirl. I felt sick for hours after riding this and it was just not enjoyable feeling like I might fly off the end into the crowds
- Finding Nemo Musical. UGHHH my husband and I contemplated faking sick just to get out of there. The worst.
- Le Cellier (probably). He wasn't a fan... I do like the poutine though!
- Going in June. Sweat city.
- Mama Melrose. Overrated and nothing special... I much prefer Via Napoli.

(on another note, I really like Ellen's Energy Adventure. I am obviously a dork)

Epcot-Rules

Ordering Room Service breakfast from the Boardwalk. I looked at the menu and thought the prices were reasonable. After it arrived and I got the bill, I thought $60.00 for eggs and coffee might have been too much.

NEVER AGAIN!!

zero creativity

- Primeval Whirl. I felt sick for hours after riding this and it was just not enjoyable feeling like I might fly off the end into the crowds
- Finding Nemo Musical. UGHHH my husband and I contemplated faking sick just to get out of there. The worst.
- Le Cellier (probably). He wasn't a fan... I do like the poutine though!
- Going in June. Sweat city.
- Mama Melrose. Overrated and nothing special... I much prefer Via Napoli.

(on another note, I really like Ellen's Energy Adventure. I am obviously a dork)
Unfortunately we can only go in June, both of us are teachers. But sweating in June is nothing compared to August.

diznyboyz

Primeval Whirl cracked my back for me, and not in a good way. I also woke up the next day with bruises due to constantly being smushed into the person next to me. Never again.
I actually rode this ride with my three boys while my husband stood by and watched. Watched and laughed. This is a horrible ride for me. It jerked and spun all at the same time while it went up and down like a roller coaster. I hollered at my kids the whole time telling them I would never ride this again! My back and neck were not happy with me either!

jharvey

There is some stuff at Disney World that you just don't like, such as a ride, show, restaurant, etc. But is there anything on property that you will never do again? Is there anything that you just can't stand? It could be a ride, show, restaurant, hotel, or anything else. For me it would be 2: SGE and Tony's Town Square. SGE is just such a bad idea and the whole thing is just odd and boring. It is just plain awful altogether. Bring back Alien Encounter. Much better! TTS has a nice atmosphere, but the food. Blah! :depressed: I think I had the pasta and it tasted way undercooked, and the bread was bland. Later that evening my stomach started getting kind of queasy, so I only went on slower rides for the rest of the night. Is there anything on Disney property that you will never do again?
I have the winning response. Ready? Pecos Bill & Captain EO. In a Thunderdome style matchup Captain EO makes SGE look like Splash Mountain. Stitch also has the benefit of no unsavory "accusations" attached to it's star. And Pecos is terrible. My theory, as I have stated on this site is that if your defense of a restaurant is to throw up the fixins bar, you have lost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom