Never Again!. Nope I Mean It.

Epcot-Rules

Yes, I will never stay at the poly ever again. Unless they slash prices drastically I might give it another chance, but we all know that's not happening. I posted pics in this thread of our stay there in Sept. 2012. It was run down and in no way a "Deluxe". Post #80
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/polynesian-refurb.850321/page-4

After breaking away from Boardwalk for something different, I can honestly say that the Polly was a huge disappointment for my entire family. We still broke free and went to the Boardwalk for enjoyment. I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks!!

PolynesianPrincess

Bay Lake Tower. Hands down will never stay there again!! The room itself was awful.. A 2-3 inch gap between the floor and the door on the door to our room, rusty shower hooks on the shower curtain, the latch to lock the bathroom door lose and scratches all over the door.... And thinking that this resort is only what, 3 or 4 years old? Completely unacceptable for a DVC property / deluxe resort.

Also, any of the value resorts. After the atrocious experience we had at Sports in May 2013 with several groups, nope, never again! MAYBE Pop if we absolutely HAD to stay value.

We also weren't too impressed with Caribbean Beach. Not that there was anything wrong with the room, it just wasn't for us.

danpam1024

[B said:
"derelicte19, post: 5890845, member: 72908"]Bay Lake Tower. Hands down will never stay there again!! The room itself was awful.. A 2-3 inch gap between the floor and the door on the door to our room, rusty shower hooks on the shower curtain, the latch to lock the bathroom door lose and scratches all over the door.... And thinking that this resort is only what, 3 or 4 years old? Completely unacceptable for a DVC property / deluxe resort.[/B]

Also, any of the value resorts. After the atrocious experience we had at Sports in May 2013 with several groups, nope, never again! MAYBE Pop if we absolutely HAD to stay value.

We also weren't too impressed with Caribbean Beach. Not that there was anything wrong with the room, it just wasn't for us.

Wow! that is awful! The BWI has always been my favorite- once we had a moldy shower curtain that was immediately replaced, but rusty hooks???-unacceptable. How does that even happen? I've had the same hooks in my shower for 5 years and they still look shiny and new :confused:

coachwnh

I'm going to continue bashing that old Contemporary Resort. It's way too close to the MK. I can hear those pesky fireworks every night, keeping me up. And if I go out onto my balcony to complain? Well, if there's a slight gust of wind, one of those things cold put an eye out! OH, and then I have to look out at all of that traffic every night! Bus fumes...kids crying...head lights...I have to look at all of that and listen to all of that from my balcony every night! Jeeesh! Great googly-moogly...:banghead:
Love the Major Monogram reference at the end of your post!

pcarathers

We have not really had a bad stay anywhere, but I do not care to ever stay at another VALUE resort ever again! we have done All Star Movies and Sports and Art or Animation (for 1 night before our cruise). too crowded, kids running at all hours of the night, could never get a table in the food court and too crowded on the buses considering they SHARED a bus at the All Star Resorts. I would rather pay a little bit more to stay at a Moderate or Deluxe than to EVER do another VALUE. been there, done that....not going back if I can help it!!

PrincessNelly_NJ

We have not really had a bad stay anywhere, but I do not care to ever stay at another VALUE resort ever again! we have done All Star Movies and Sports and Art or Animation (for 1 night before our cruise). too crowded, kids running at all hours of the night, could never get a table in the food court and too crowded on the buses considering they SHARED a bus at the All Star Resorts. I would rather pay a little bit more to stay at a Moderate or Deluxe than to EVER do another VALUE. been there, done that....not going back if I can help it!!
That is why I have always stayed away from values. I cringe when I see those buses at park close, so many strollerssss lol. Maybe if I take a short trip or go at a time that is insanely expensive but otherwise moderate or deluxe for me too.

HRHPrincessAriel

10000000000000% agree. I just felt like I was in a cattle call.

Edit: I lied. Stay at for the W&D 1/2. Figured save $ for more booze

Last edited:

slappy magoo

I don't have an issue with any of the resorts that have been blessed with my presence :D

My wife has humbly requested never again the Boardwalk. We stayed there for a few nights in a 1BR on our honeymoon, after a week stay in a Studio at Wilderness. We loved the location; she hated the pool. She has a thing against clowns, always has since she was a kid, which is ironic because my best friend is a former professional circus clown who still sometimes tours with circuses and still does various corporate gigs. I had no problem. I'll just have to take my other wife. :eek:

Have just come back from our first on-site stay at OKW and we really liked it (although very depressed to be back in the UK at work:(). A couple of minor les about the fact that it's a bit spread out, so the bus ride to and from the parks took a little longer than I guess they would at other resorts. Also not OKW fault but one night we had a new family move in to the studio next to us at about 1am and proceeded to try and open the door that joined the 2 studios. They must have tried that door 4 times before they gave up !!!

I noticed a few other people said they would never stay there again and I was just wondering what about OKW it was that would make you not return ?

mhaftman7

We've stayed at PORS, CB, ASMo, POP, and BC. I always see where people complain about the walking distance at CB, but every WDW trip is 85% walking, so I never had an issue. The only problem I had was that we stayed in a pirate themed room and the beds were just above sleeping on the floor.

The only place I'd refuse to stay at, short of it being free, would be PORS. I've mentioned it before, but it was the worst resort stay from start to finish. We travelled as a group of 20, and I handled the reservations, knowing the further out the easier for them to accommodate us. All 20 drove from Jersey and were on target to reach WDW closely together as we all ate breakfast in St. Augustine. My wife called after we ate to start the check in process. We had specifically asked that all rooms were to be blocked together on the ground floor due to the eldest group member not doing so well with stairs. We were assured from the start that they would do their best to accommodate us. When we all arrived, it took the cast member roughly a half hour just to find the reservation, even though we started the check-in process four hours previous. I chalked it up to it being a larger group and it appears the CM was a rookie still. No biggie.

When we were given our room assignments, not only were all but one room on the second floor, but the one on the first floor was on the opposite side of that building. The only way to be grouped together would be to have the last room on the second floor. Again, just an inconvenience. We were assured the rental scooter under the stairs would be safe and a normal occurrence without question.

So we drove to our building and as we unpacked and awaited the rental scooter, my wife and I noticed a musty smell in our room. We propped the door open to air the room out, and after some investigating we found that the mini fridge had been leaking on to the floor. When maintenance arrived, he began making accusatory statements insinuating that WE had been at fault. We we told that we'd have to leave the room while they fixed the issue. No problem the rental scooter arrived and we were off to the park.

Things got progressively worse. We were constantly dodging luggage/maintenance trams that were flying all over the resort not even remotely slowing down. The one night, while maintenance was power washing the walkways, they completely soaked the rental scooter. My wife and I straighten up before heading out, but not one was the bed made properly. The sheets were always pushed down to the foot of the bed and the top blanket just pulled to the head. Our soap/shampoo was replaced once mid-trip. Luckily the extent of our bad luck was at the resort, which we only used for breakfast, swimming, and sleeping, but I highly doubt I'll be returning to PORS.

Epcot-Rules

I don't have an issue with any of the resorts that have been blessed with my presence :D

My wife has humbly requested never again the Boardwalk. We stayed there for a few nights in a 1BR on our honeymoon, after a week stay in a Studio at Wilderness. We loved the location; she hated the pool. She has a thing against clowns, always has since she was a kid, which is ironic because my best friend is a former professional circus clown who still sometimes tours with circuses and still does various corporate gigs. I had no problem. I'll just have to take my other wife. :eek:
I will say that clown is very creepy.

Brian Parish

Value - Movies. Never again. First time being back to WDW in years we rolled in later at night. Got to the room and were back and forth about going out for a bite to eat at Downtown Disney. We decided to wait, go to bed and start early the next day. We used the bathroom only to find out that the used soap had not been changed out, towels still rolled up and when we pulled the covers back to the bed there were bodily hairs strewn about. Worse experience ever. *shudders*

notslim99

We'll probably never stay at PORS again. It wasn't especially terrible, but for us, the FQ fits better. We found RS to be too spread out, and the buses were inconsistent. We didn't hate it, we just won't be back.

DisneyPrincess5

Value - Movies. Never again. First time being back to WDW in years we rolled in later at night. Got to the room and were back and forth about going out for a bite to eat at Downtown Disney. We decided to wait, go to bed and start early the next day. We used the bathroom only to find out that the used soap had not been changed out, towels still rolled up and when we pulled the covers back to the bed there were bodily hairs strewn about. Worse experience ever. *shudders*
Ok so I just laughed and also gagged. I have a HUGE PROBLEM with hair of any sort anywhere, especially squiggly "bodily" ones on what is suppose to be a clean bed. This whole thing sounds awful. Wow so sorry this happened!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom