Nemo ruined it! Bring back hydrolators!

DarkMeasures

The ride was okay. Once again, another mediocre attraction brought to you by the Eisner era. I felt as though I was being moved from one projection screen to another. The scenic was small-scale and the POV was limiting. At least with Horizons, a similar POV, the scenes were much larger and immersive. I remember going on an omnimover ride at a science museum when I was a kid; this reminded me of that ride. The lower budget was obvious and hopefully the last of its kind that we'll see since Iger and his new team are here.

On the positive side, the animation was great. The projection boxes integrating live sea life with the characters reads effectively. The clam vehicles were nice and the queue sets the mood until the actual load area.

I know there is still some tweaking to take place but my first reaction is about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. I also know that this attraction will be a HUGE success with the public because of Epcot's lack of entertaining attractions that I could count on one hand. They'll love anything new at this point.

I'm really looking forward to Midway Mania and several other projects in development right now. I hope the Nemo ride will be the last low budget, average quality attraction we'll see in a long while.

Horizons is stupid.

RSoxNo1

Am I the only one who can't stand that "Big Blue World" song? Its annoying and terrible.

I definitely agree. I really worry about the Finding Nemo Show if the songs aren't recognizeable from the movie. The song isn't catchy at all. The rest of the ride looks great, but the song sounds like something a sixth grader came up with.

Shaman

I definitely agree. I really worry about the Finding Nemo Show if the songs aren't recognizeable from the movie. The song isn't catchy at all. The rest of the ride looks great, but the song sounds like something a sixth grader came up with.

Yeah...I think the problem is in the way it is sung...sounds awful...maybe in person it is different.

*shrug*

Expo_Seeker40

the ending makes me think of one of the evil step sisters belting out SINNNNNNG SWEEEEEET NIGHTINGGALE SING SWEEET NIGHTINGGALE SING SWEEEEEEEEEET NIGHTINGALE!!!!!! *crap now its in my head*......must erase it with "if you had wings" :dazzle:

MickeyDee

Now honestly..

I could never say I loved Epcot, just because..the only things I enjoyed was HIStA and Figment. Everything else was just..eh. I would've liked any other park better. But now they have Nemo, and my sister and I can finally enjoy more about the park. They're trying to appeal to younger guest, and it won't hurt to do so if every other thing in the park is aimed to adult audiences. It was ONE ride. Just one. Epcot is not gone..it will always have the world showcase, it has Mission Space, Figment, Illuminations..your park is not dead. Let's all move along with our Disney crazed lives now, mm?

SirGoofy

I'm sure most families are out there trying to have a good time and are not even thinking about what was the past for epcot. It's the present and unless they're hardcore disney nuts....I don't really think they giving a flying MICKEYS BUTT that there's no more "classic epcot."

And did you ever stop to think that it's guest first time at epcot?? Or at disney world in general. I see a lot of "1st time" buttons while at work.

In the end, all this bickering isn't going to get you anywhere, so please calm yourselves, enjoy life and stop getting into a huff and puff over the fact that epcot isn't what everyone wants it to be. In other words, while it's sad that all the classic rides are gone, TOUGH COOKIES!!

I'm going to ignore the cheap shot in the begining of this post:wave: . I agree completely with this. I LOVED classic Epcot, but all these new ride we're getting are awesome. Like I said in an earlier post, we need to celebrate the reborn Epcot. There's a place for missing things, but it shouldn't cloud one's judgement on the new things we've recieved.

Epcot82Guy

I guess I just do not understand these "move on" arguments at all. Many people claiming them highlight the entertainment value of these new attractions and how it appeals to a wider audience. That certainly is true, but there is a good chance that it may no longer appeal to the original audience. Therefore, it is NOT entertaining to many of those people. I do not mean to suggest these attractions are not quality attractions or done in a way that will entertain some. However, they do lack what some saw as the inspiration and challenge in the original EPCOT. I think that is intentional since that very notion is what made people find EPCOT "boring or adult." With change, however, comes a change in entertainment. Some of these new concepts are not entertaining, and people should feel no obligation to find them so if they do not. It is putting some in the position of choosing between the memory and shell of something they loved or having to stop going. That's a tough choice, and I find it a bit insensitive for people to tell people to "move on." I am very happy for those of you who enjoy it. I can understand why, and I see you enjoy the park greatly. All that I ask is a tiny bit of understanding for those of us that might have found something "more" or (dare I say it) "better" about what was before. To tell someone they are
"wrong" or "stuck in the past" regarding entertainment is just silly. People enjoy what they enjoy. Plain and simple.

Tim G

Corrus I'm surprised at you. You know this ride was well into development before Iger and Jobs.
Nope it wasn't...

Tecnically it was... Every rehab/new ride is being designed somewhere between 7 to 3 years before final development...

So The whole thng was designed a very long time ago... And that that happened under Michael Eisner's wings is just a coincidence...

So stop attacking M.E.

Tim G

I don't know what sick parellel dimension your from but WDI DID have meetings to create a unique theme park that educated and entertained guests.

1st... WDI always have meetings about unique parks...

2nd... Could you please reply in a decent way the next time...

Thanks! :wave:

scottnj1966

Wow you didnt like any of it.

Well The living seas was dead a long time ago. When the sea cabs went away the whole pavillion went away. Bringing back the sea cabs as nemo was a great idea. Kids love that movie and tying it into this area makes sense.
I am very happy they are doing something to being it back to life, because if they didnt it would have the same fate as wonders of life.

It is good to see them wokring on areas no one was visiting instead of touching something everyone loved, like Mr Toad's.

The new Living Seas is AWFUL! (and I will always call it "The Living Seas", because that's what the original Imagineers intended, and since they came up with the name first, that is the only one that should be used. Ever.)

The pavillion is DESTROYED!

A beach for a queue? What's up with that? EPCOT is about education. And I'm sorry, I didn't learn anything in the queue. Last time I checked, a beach had nothing to do with what's underwater. Are they just brain-dead?

Bring back the old dive suits! Bring back the faded posters and black-and-white photos showing early diving pioneers. That was some exciting, INTERESTING stuff! And talk about a showcase of Imagineering's storytelling ability! In the original Living Seas queue, visitors really felt like they were in an under-funded museum of oceanography history. What was Disney thinking by removing that?!?!?!?!?

And bring back the film "The Seas". Even though it was 20 years old, and showed outdated technology, I still managed to learn something new every time I saw it. Well, just about every time. OK, so maybe I had it figured out by the third or fourth viewing. But that's not the point! The point is, EPCOT should be a place where people can sit on a bench and watch a documentary. That's what Walt intended.

And don't even get me started about the hydrolator removal. I'll never forget the first time I went on them. You enter this rocky cave that has some high-tech elevators in them. And then you board those elevators for a trip down a rocky shaft filled with green water. And then when you reach the bottom of the rocky shaft, and you're under the ocean!!!!!! After that first trip, I remember saying to my mom and dad, "I didn't know you had to travel through rocks to get to the ocean! I thought you took a boat to get to the sea. Or just walked off the shore!" Oh how my young mind was filled with amazement! To think, there's a place in this world where you travel through rocks to get to the ocean! The hydrolators inspired me. Someday, I WILL find that real-life place where hundreds of feet of rock sit just above a Caribbean coral reef teeming with life!

And quit entertaining me with lights, music, and videos. If I wanted to be entertained, I'd go to a different theme park. If I'm at EPCOT, I want to use my brain.

And oh man, now there are going to be long lines full of dumb children with short attention spans. EPCOT was never intended to be a place for children to enjoy. It's the ADULT park.

Oh, and Disney just had to go and lengthen the ride, didn't they? What the heck was wrong with the old Sea Cabs ride?? Now it's just TOO long. My legs were starting to fall asleep right around the 2-minute mark, which is what the Imagineers had originally decided was a proper length for an undersea ride.

And what's with all that garbage blocking my view of the tank?? If I wanted to see Nemo dancing in front of my face, I'd pop in a DVD and stand in front of my TV screen. Now I can't see the fish and the beautiful fake coral because there's a friggin singing clownfish getting in the way. That's just insane. Walt will be turning over in his grave!

And why does Disney think it can get away with putting a THEME SONG in an Epcot pavillion? The Imagineers did not put a theme song in the original Living Seas for a reason--- it didn't need one! Now people are going to be humming that tune all day. Talk about the dumbing down of America. What respectable person hums a song?

Thank you for listening to my ranting. I just wanted to be the first to officially slam "The Seas with Nemo and Friends".

After all, for months I've been reading on these message boards what a disaster this upgrade was going to be.

And you all were RIGHT!

fundesign

Nope it wasn't...

Tecnically it was... Every rehab/new ride is being designed somewhere between 7 to 3 years before final development...

So The whole thng was designed a very long time ago... And that that happened under Michael Eisner's wings is just a coincidence...

So stop attacking M.E.

Not attacking you. Just pointing out, from my point of view, that budget, project program, creative and technical plans were approved under Eisner's reign. Seems like we agree on that.

Tim G

Not attacking you. Just pointing out, from my point of view, that budget, project program, creative and technical plans were approved under Eisner's reign. Seems like we agree on that.

Approved? well sorta...Except for the creative part...

So was Mission:Space
So was Expedition: Everest
So was Disneys Animal Kindom
So was Disney Sea... etc... etc...

There WAS nothing wrong with he ride... it had less Nemo in it when it was designed...

PS.

When I say M.E. I'm not talking about myself... :D

SirGoofy

Approved? well sorta...Except for the creative part...

So was Mission:Space
So was Expedition: Everest
So was Disneys Animal Kindom
So was Disney Sea... etc... etc...

There WAS nothing wrong with he ride... it had less Nemo in it when it was designed...

PS.

When I say M.E. I'm not talking about myself... :D

Good points, Corrus. Unfortunately, I don't think the bashing will ever stop. Those are all great projects, but people tend to focus on the bad rather than the good. Btw, sorry about my angr post earlier. I tend to get angry when people use Walt as an arguing point on the forums.

Tim G

Good points, Corrus. Unfortunately, I don't think the bashing will ever stop. Those are all great projects, but people tend to focus on the bad rather than the good. Btw, sorry about my angr post earlier. I tend to get angry when people use Walt as an arguing point on the forums.
Don't worry... I'm not upset... :D :D :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom