Nemo ruined it! Bring back hydrolators!

Glasgow

Nah, they were an aggrivating addition for me, especially for the exit. I was always annoyed at having to wait for an elevator that went nowhere just so I could exit the building. :brick:

I always enjoyed them as a kid - I'm sure a lot of kids fell for the illusion of delving down into the deep ocean. I can accept change but I am going to miss them :(

PintoColvig

I always enjoyed them as a kid - I'm sure a lot of kids fell for the illusion of delving down into the deep ocean. I can accept change but I am going to miss them :(

I understand. It's the same way I felt about the removal of the old Mission to Mars. Those silly inflatable/deflatable seats actually made me feel like I had launched into outer space.

wannab@dis

:lol:

Trust me...for me it also gets annoying reading all the "negative" stuff...and it IS frustrating, I can understand your feelings on the matter....and I know we're not alone.

Maybe it's the tone and the manner in which BOTH SIDES attempt to "win" the debate.

I'm no one to say what is acceptable or not on 'magic'....it's just that we know where certain people stand on things and it doesn't seem like anything said will ever change that...so I guess just stating one's opinion is the best thing to do.

I don't know...
I understand where you are coming from... but that's assuming that everyone knows the history of all posters. If noone ever says anything against the negative and constant complaints and just let's it ride... what happens? Do new members of the forum or someone planning a trip to WDW for the first time get a fair view of current events? Or could those views be skewed due to the vocal, but yet vast minority never being challenged?

It seems that anyone that posts a counter-positive post lately gets lambasted for being disruptive. It's true in several current threads and is quite disheartening.

Epcot82Guy

I do wish they would have kept the exit ones, but they could have easily shortened up the sequence (since we seem to be in more "shallow" waters now with the theme).

wannab@dis

Nah, they were an aggrivating addition for me, especially for the exit. I was always annoyed at having to wait for an elevator that went nowhere just so I could exit the building. :brick:
That was my view... the entrance was cool, but the exit, overboard. :lol:

Also... since when did going down through an "ocean" elevator require going through rock to get to the bottom of the ocean? :veryconfu

PintoColvig

I do wish they would have kept the exit ones, but they could have easily shortened up the sequence (since we seem to be in more "shallow" waters now with the theme).

I haven't been since May. So how is the exit now? Have they done any kind of "return to the beach" transition or is it simply exiting through the obligatory gift shop and out the old doors?

Shaman

I understand where you are coming from... but that's assuming that everyone knows the history of all posters. If noone ever says anything against the negative and constant complaints and just let's it ride... what happens? Do new members of the forum or someone planning a trip to WDW for the first time get a fair view of current events? Or could those views be skewed due to the vocal, but yet vast minority never being challenged?

It seems that anyone that posts a counter-positive post lately gets lambasted for being disruptive. It's true in several current threads and is quite disheartening.

I guess I can only judge the situation from the stand point of how long I've seen this whole issue go on. You make a good point, one I often forget about...

Yet, maybe the resentment both sides feel for each other is also based on their long history of posting on 'magic' and the content of those posts....

*shrug*

Person A: I like the Nemo attraction.
Person B: I think Walt wouldn't like it.
Person C: How the heck do you know walt wouldn't like it?
Person A: I disagree, Person B, the themeing is wonderful.
Person B: It is cheap-looking, the theming is horrible. What are you talking about?! And cartoon characters don't fit in Epcot.
Person D: I liked the attraction too....the people that don't must be blind.
Person C: You would say that, Person B, and yet I'm sure you don't have a problem with Figment.
Person B: Nope. There's too much Pixar.
Person C: So we're going that route now?

etc etc etc

I think posting like Person A is the way to go.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Is that the wailing sirens of the thread police.

No its Mr Angry from Mayfair aboard the offended bus.

Now theres an idea for a ride.

PintoColvig

I guess I can only judge the situation from the stand point of how long I've seen this whole issue go on. You make a good point, one I often forget about...

Yet, maybe the resentment both sides feel for each other is also based on their long history of posting on 'magic' and the content of those posts....

*shrug*

Person A: I like the Nemo attraction.
Person B: I think Walt wouldn't like it.
Person C: How the heck do you know walt wouldn't like it?
Person A: I disagree, Person B, the themeing is wonderful.
Person B: It is cheap-looking, the theming is horrible. What are you talking about?! And cartoon characters don't fit in Epcot.
Person D: I liked the attraction too....the people that don't must be blind.
Person C: You would say that, Person B, and yet I'm sure you don't have a problem with Figment.
Person B: Nope. There's too much Pixar.
Person C: So we're going that route now?

etc etc etc

I think posting like Person A is the way to go.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You just summed up just about every long thread on this forum.

teebin

I haven't been since May. So how is the exit now? Have they done any kind of "return to the beach" transition or is it simply exiting through the obligatory gift shop and out the old doors?

Nah, that is probably the weakest link in the ride... if you can call it that at all... you are just off and under the staircase and facing the crowds of people trying to get into Turtle Talk. I think your beach idea and then with the added seagulls at the end still saying MINE!, would have been cool on exit... I say wall the whole thing in so that you can't see the ride beginning or the ride end from the main Living Seas tank area.

teebin

On another note, I checked Google maps today to see how much room there is behind the current turtle talk. I say turn the current turtle talk theater into the cue for TT and build a new building behind LS with two theaters in it... there is plenty of room.

nelsonj3

Brilliant post, Dr. Albert Falls! I was laughing so hard I was crying. :lol:

I am optimistic about the ride, and I can't wait to ride it! :wave:

scottvicki

I agree, Disney has been moving epcot away from edutainment for a long time now. Instead of engageing our emaginations, Disney has decided to shake the stuffings out of us in pursuit of the almighty dollar. You might want to be careful of offering too much criticism, as it has been my experience that it is not well received here. If you say too much that does not glorify WDW and the direction it is moving in you get pounched on. Don't get me wrong, WDW is still the best vacation Destination in the World, it just isn't as good as it once was. Hopefully it will get no worse. W'ere going down on monday and I can't hardly wait. See ya there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom