Nana Adores MJ

Pongo

I type everything possible.
I can type reallly fast.
Writing it by hand just is a waste of time for me.
I guess for a slow typer, handwriting is better, but not for me.

Sometimes I like writing things by hand, just because I like the motions my hand makes. Which sounds kind of weird now that I type it out... :lookaroun

Anyway. I'm gonna head out to do school work and eat some food and other stuff.

Have a good day and good luck with your project, Freddy! :wave:

Fantasmic!329

Sometimes I like writing things by hand, just because I like the motions my hand makes. Which sounds kind of weird now that I type it out... :lookaroun

Anyway. I'm gonna head out to do school work and eat some food and other stuff.

Have a good day and good luck with your project, Freddy! :wave:
Ummmm....yea. Kinda strange. :lookaroun

Thanks!

tigsmom

Hi Luke!

The book is The Color of Water by James McBride. The project is 3 - 2 pargraph essays (if you can call that an essay...) about the James, and 3 - 2 paragraph essays about the James' mother, Ruth. (The story is written in two different voices.)

Not that bad, but we are not allowed to type it. :brick:Very frustrating.

Thats a great book! :sohappy:

We grew up in the same neighborhood (ok, different sides of the place, but still). It was so weird when I read it because I knew all the places he talked about, I could even picture the houses in my mind.

What did you think of the book?

Fantasmic!329

Thats a great book! :sohappy:

We grew up in the same neighborhood (ok, different sides of the place, but still). It was so weird when I read it because I knew all the places he talked about, I could even picture the houses in my mind.

What did you think of the book?
I liked the book....the first time I read it.
I decided to reread it to make sure I got it all, and am not enjoying it at all the second time around.

I think the upcoming essays about it is what is making it unpleasant.

Hi Mad! Long time no see. :kiss:

tigsmom

I liked the book....the first time I read it.
I decided to reread it to make sure I got it all, and am not enjoying it at all the second time around.

I think the upcoming essays about it is what is making it unpleasant.

Hi Mad! Long time no see. :kiss:

Maybe I like it because it takes place during my childhood also because the author and I are the same age and also because I grew up there. Its a sad story, but a love story too, in a way.

I've been so busy with end of summer stuff and now that school is just about here, I should have more time. :wave:

Fantasmic!329

Maybe I like it because it takes place during my childhood also because the author and I are the same age and also because I grew up there. Its a sad story, but a love story too, in a way.

I've been so busy with end of summer stuff and now that school is just about here, I should have more time. :wave:
I enjoyed it very much the first time.
I think it's the unplesantness of handwriting 12 paragraphs that is making me not like the book so much. :lol:

tigsmom

Hey Freddy :)

Ya know, when I was in school, typing wasn't an option unless I wanted to use my mom's IBM Selectric!

We had a manual typewriter. :lookaroun

Everything we turned in had to be hand written-went to Catholic school and they loved good handwriting. :rolleyes:
It wasn't until my senior year in HS (1975) that we were expected to type everything. Now even grade schoolers are expected to type out reports.

Fantasmic!329

Poor Freddy.
And then having to handwrite your report! :eek:
I really don't see the sense in it. Typed reports are not only easier for the student, they're so much easier for the teacher to read! :hammer:
I'm typing it first. Then, I'll rewrite it.
My mom is so ticked off because of it. :lol: :lookaroun
She's a teacher, and encourages reading. Quite strongly. :lol:
She thinks that asinine projects like this really make kids not want to read.
I agree. :(

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Poor Freddy.
And then having to handwrite your report! :eek:
I really don't see the sense in it. Typed reports are not only easier for the student, they're so much easier for the teacher to read! :hammer:

I know that a lot of my co workers have their students hand write things so that they can't simply copy and paste things from the internet. :wave:

Fantasmic!329

I know that a lot of my co workers have their students hand write things so that they can't simply copy and paste things from the internet. :wave:
That's why we can't type it either.

I realize that some people aren't trustworthy, but I have never cheated on anything. Seems that the rotten apples ruin it for the good ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom