Nana Adores MJ

nibblesandbits

I love my husband so. This was a message he just wrote to me about missing the Emmys last night.

what's his face said:
I missed the Emmys for a stupid baseball game and a great commercial with a cat rapping. I dont think I have ever watched the Emmys in my entire life.

Dukeblue1016

Just wanted to pop in and say... weekend almost couldn't have been any better... it was so much fun. Rehearsal brunch saturday then just hungout all day... catching up with family, meeting people, having a blast... wedding party (minus my brother since he didnt stay so he wouldn't see his bride before the wedding) making a midnight run to friendlys... then the wedding was beautiful, it was supposed to be outside but it poured, but it was still so nice indoors. My speech was legendary i must say... everyone came up to me afterwards saying just how great it was. It was basically everything I had except I did get rid of the Christmas Eve Mass story (thanks, it was better without it) and I added in these two parts:

"Yesterday Jonny and Courtney were nice enough to buy everyone in the wedding party thankful gifts... and they personalized the letters and my brother wrote he was so proud of me for the fine young man I've become. Well Jonny, I hope you know that you shouldn't be proud of me but rather proud of yourself... I wouldn't be half the man I am today if it wasn't for you and for you always being there for me. You've had such a tremendous impact on my life and I can't thank you enough" (that was at the end of my brother's section)

Then at the end of Courtney's section I threw in:

"Courtney, I want you to know that I promise I will never ever refer to you as my 'sister in law' but rather as my sister. You've been a blessing to have in the family Courtney."

I got many laughs, and my brother actually cried which couldn't have been a better compliment cuz I swear to you I've never once seen him cry ever... he's not like that... and every person at the wedding made a point to come up to me and tell me how good it was.

It was really nice too because after the wedding we took pictures for like an hour... and everytime I wasn't in a picture I was pacing and trying to remind myself to breath... i was PETRIFIED... I almost threw up a few times, almost started crying... I was so scared... and then before I knew it, the DJ called me up and had me talk in the middle of the dance floor, which really helped me out cuz then i paced around while talking and it calmed me down. Everyone said they couldn't even tell I was nervous, but... (and no one saw this) the only time I showed I was nervous was when i went to drink my champagne after the toast... I couldn't even get the glass up to my mouth and i didn't drink anything cuz I couldn't stop shaking... and I was like "my part is over, why am i scared now" but I was...

After that it was just a great great party... best weekend to end the summer, I wish it wasn't over...

jesserin

I'm glad she is starting to feel better.

me too! :sohappy:

QUICK UPDATE EVERYONE: Just took lizzy's temp and we're back to normal!!! (for the moment anyways) she woke up at noon, smiling and ready to play... QUITE a change from yesterday... I'm still going to take her in to the docs... but this is good news for sure...

nibblesandbits

Just wanted to pop in and say... weekend almost couldn't have been any better... it was so much fun. Rehearsal brunch saturday then just hungout all day... catching up with family, meeting people, having a blast... wedding party (minus my brother since he didnt stay so he wouldn't see his bride before the wedding) making a midnight run to friendlys... then the wedding was beautiful, it was supposed to be outside but it poured, but it was still so nice indoors. My speech was legendary i must say... everyone came up to me afterwards saying just how great it was. It was basically everything I had except I did get rid of the Christmas Eve Mass story (thanks, it was better without it) and I added in these two parts:

"Yesterday Jonny and Courtney were nice enough to buy everyone in the wedding party thankful gifts... and they personalized the letters and my brother wrote he was so proud of me for the fine young man I've become. Well Jonny, I hope you know that you shouldn't be proud of me but rather proud of yourself... I wouldn't be half the man I am today if it wasn't for you and for you always being there for me. You've had such a tremendous impact on my life and I can't thank you enough" (that was at the end of my brother's section)

"Courtney, I want you to know that I promise I will never ever refer to you as my 'sister in law' but rather as my sister. You've been a blessing to have in the family Courtney."

I got many laughs, and my brother actually cried which couldn't have been a better compliment cuz I swear to you I've never once seen him cry ever... he's not like that... and every person at the wedding made a point to come up to me and tell me how good it was.

It was really nice too because after the wedding we took pictures for like an hour... and everytime I wasn't in a picture I was pacing and trying to remind myself to breath... i was PETRIFIED... I almost threw up a few times, almost started crying... I was so scared... and then before I knew it, the DJ called me up and had me talk in the middle of the dance floor, which really helped me out cuz then i paced around while talking and it calmed me down. Everyone said they couldn't even tell I was nervous, but... (and no one saw this) the only time I showed I was nervous was when i went to drink my champagne after the toast... I couldn't even get the glass up to my mouth and i didn't drink anything cuz I couldn't stop shaking... and I was like "my part is over, why am i scared now" but I was...

After that it was just a great great party... best weekend to end the summer, I wish it wasn't over...
glad to hear that it all turned out wonderfully! I told you the part about Eminem was the best to cut. The way your speech was put together after cutting that part sounded great! And I loved the parts that you added. Really fleshed out the speech.

nibblesandbits

me too! :sohappy:

QUICK UPDATE EVERYONE: Just took lizzy's temp and we're back to normal!!! (for the moment anyways) she woke up at noon, smiling and ready to play... QUITE a change from yesterday... I'm still going to take her in to the docs... but this is good news for sure...
yay!!! :sohappy:

jesserin

:sohappy: Yay! i'm so glad you had fun!!!! I love the parts you added... very touching - i'm not suprised he cried, put tears in my eyes and i don't even know the guy... LOL

(glad i didn't offend you when i suggested leaving the mass part out) LOL

jesserin

glad to hear that it all turned out wonderfully! I told you the part about Eminem was the best to cut. The way your speech was put together after cutting that part sounded great! And I loved the parts that you added. Really fleshed out the speech.

LMAO... guess you and i were on the same page with that one... LOL:lol:

jesserin

Jess I am glad that Lizzie is feeling better.

thanks sweetie! :) me too... :kiss:

Yup. It was nice to get to sleep in, have a relaxing lunch, and chat before I have to go off to babysit princesses.:D Jess, glad to hear that she is feeling much better.:sohappy:
YAY! :) so fun!! i'm glad you got to sleep in and enjoy your morning, those are the best days... lol

and thanks sweetie... it makes my day to know y'all are behind me with kiddo... love it! :kiss:

joanna71985

thanks sweetie! :) me too... :kiss:

YAY! :) so fun!! i'm glad you got to sleep in and enjoy your morning, those are the best days... lol

and thanks sweetie... it makes my day to know y'all are behind me with kiddo... love it! :kiss:

Oh, its no problem. I just love kids (of course, being the 2nd oldest of 8 kids might have a part in that:lookaroun)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom