Mystery Project at Epcot

Admiral01

Premium Member
Many WDW shows seem ideal for a "multiple presentation" concept (imagine Energy with the original films, Ellen, and all-new production(s) all rotated at different times of day).

You are in my mind! I've had thoughts about this for a few years now. Rotate the original UoE and the current Ellen show through the day. The finale would be a little different with no mirrors from the original, but it would be really great, and seems easy to do with a pavilion like Energy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Wasn't there supposed to be a weather pavilion at one time? Can't they replace wol with that?
It was. Complete with sliver dome.

And there's no reason why it can be. Shove all the seminar/event stuff out of park where it belongs. Into World Showplace if needs be. And out of an $80 million attraction designed for every paying guest to enjoy all of the time.

WDW1974

No on Rat for France, thankfully. We've already had FW ruined, let's leave WS to its original mission statement.

I know of no major project on the books for EPCOT whatsoever in the next five years. Plenty of blue sky ideas and concepts.

This could very easily be a movie swap-out that Disney PR will spin as the biggest thing since sliced bread ... or the iPhone.

wdwfan22

I would love to see Ratatouille make his way further into France with an actual attraction. World Showcase needs a family friendly attraction and he would fit in France perfectly.

SirLink

No on Rat for France, thankfully. We've already had FW ruined, let's leave WS to its original mission statement.

I know of no major project on the books for EPCOT whatsoever in the next five years. Plenty of blue sky ideas and concepts.

This could very easily be a movie swap-out that Disney PR will spin as the biggest thing since sliced bread ... or the iPhone.

TBH Spirit-san WS is already a glorified food court and each of those pavillions need more than films ... they need attractions like yesterday.

PeterAlt

All someone needs to do is put on a pizza delivery outfit, buy a few pies, and deliver them to WDI, which is located behind Mission: Space. Say, "We're sorry we're late, but the good news is that - because of our If It's Late It's Free policy that guarantees on time delivery within 45 minutes or your pizza is free - your pizza is absolutely 100% FREE and paid for on us courtesy of Pizza King!"

(Long pause)

"Oh, wow... Are those models? You know, I build models! I built a miniature replica of the International Space Station that won awards by the Central Florida Model Hobbyist Association for Most Detailed Model 2011, Most Ambitious Model 2012, Most Talked About Model (also) 2012! Here, let me put these pizzas down on that table over there... You know, you guys should join the Central Florida Modelling Club! We can definately use some skilled hobbyists, like yourselves... It looks like you guys are pretty talented, but I should warn you, I'm working on something that will get the most awards for 2013... Just fair game, in case you're even thinking of entering... Hey, is that a model of Space Ship Earth over there? Pretty tight, pretty tight. It looks like you boys may have me some competition... Can't win 'em every year, I guess... Now, that's a really cool model, over there! Are you using model glue, or Elmer's? Was using that modeling glue for a while but between you and me Elmer's... Just as good. Why pay double for the same damn thing! Especially in this economy!"

You get the idea...

wdwfan22

World Showcase is family friendly. Reducing it to an amusement park filled with cartoon characters will only serve to dumb it down.

World Showcase is far from family friendly. The films are boring to most children and young adults. This leaves meet and greets for the kids and that's about it for World Showcase. I'm not counting the kid cot stations because that's a poor excuse for an exhibit.

FrankLapidus

All someone needs to do is put on a pizza delivery outfit, buy a few pies, and deliver them to WDI, which is located behind Mission: Space. Say, "We're sorry we're late, but the good news is that - because of our If It's Late It's Free policy that guarantees on time delivery within 45 minutes or your pizza is free - your pizza is absolutely 100% FREE and paid for on us courtesy of Pizza King!"

(Long pause)

"Oh, wow... Are those models? You know, I build models! I built a miniature replica of the International Space Station that won awards by the Central Florida Model Hobbyist Association for Most Detailed Model 2011, Most Ambitious Model 2012, Most Talked About Model (also) 2012! Here, let me put these pizzas down on that table over there... You know, you guys should join the Central Florida Modelling Club! We can definately use some skilled hobbyists, like yourselves... It looks like you guys are pretty talented, but I should warn you, I'm working on something that will get the most awards for 2013... Just fair game, in case you're even thinking of entering... Hey, is that a model of Space Ship Earth over there? Pretty tight, pretty tight. It looks like you boys may have me some competition... Can't win 'em every year, I guess... Now, that's a really cool model, over there! Are you using model glue, or Elmer's? Was using that modeling glue for a while but between you and me Elmer's... Just as good. Why pay double for the same damn thing! Especially in this economy!"

You get the idea...

Can't believe no one else thought to do that...

SirLink

World Showcase is far from family friendly. The films are boring to most children and young adults. This leaves meet and greets for the kids and that's about it for World Showcase. I'm not counting the kid cot stations because that's a poor excuse for an exhibit.

Not every park needs Meets with characters ... they ruined poor Akerhus in Norway by dumbing it down for the masses ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom