Mystery Project at Epcot

gocatsgo538

And the reason they have so much cash is because they don't do things like tearing down and rebuilding EPCOT, they don't even give much of anything to charity (I know they were in the news ten or so years ago for eliminating all of it, compared to Gates who gives millions a years.) I suspect that the reason Disney has a hard time attracting sponsors is because the attractions rarely ever actually convince people to purchase or invest in the sponsors products.

I agree and disagree. Attractions like Test Track 2.0 do a great job at introducing a sponsors product to the general public while still creating an intense theme park experience. HP and Mission Space? I don't see any reason why HP would want to sponsor that attraction. No one walks off of Mission Space, sees the HP logo, then thinks "time to get a computer". They would be better suited with an Innoventions exhibit.

OFTeric

Last I heard (about 6 months ago) was that Ratatouille is still in the works. Maybe @Lee or @WDW1974 have heard something more recent.

The people I talked to believe that they can get F&B sales to explode in that corner of the park if they were to put a good family attraction back there.

And that was the reasoning that one was getting put on the front burner. but maybe someone else knows more, or has better info.

If you look at WS on Google Maps there is plenty of room to build at least 2 new countries without trashing a current one. Outpost is also disposable as well.

1. E-O needs to go, even though I do love MJ.
2. Re-open WOL with new attractions and exhibits.
3. Revamp UOE. Probably would take a while to clean out Ellen but would be worth it if they built a quality attraction.
4. New and more relevant Soarin' film to Florida or East Coast.
5. Revamp Imagination.

That's my input for the day lol.

DizFiz

Interesting find there... I wonder what could possible happen in 2015... I would love to see Wonders Of Life be renovated and reopened.... lets face it everything in future world needs a face lift.

WOL could be a perfect opportunity to transform it into what it was meant to be a place dedicated to teaching people about healthy choices but as the economy is right now its pretty hard to find a company that is willing to fork money over to upgrade a pavillion or sponsor one.

Lee

Adventurer
Last I heard (about 6 months ago) was that Ratatouille is still in the works. Maybe @Lee or @WDW1974 have heard something more recent.

The people I talked to believe that they can get F&B sales to explode in that corner of the park if they were to put a good family attraction back there.

And that was the reasoning that one was getting put on the front burner. but maybe someone else knows more, or has better info.
I know nothing.
Haven't heard of Rat as a real possibility.

My money would be on Imagination....if I had to go out on a limb.

BoarderPhreak

If you look at WS on Google Maps there is plenty of room to build at least 2 new countries without trashing a current one. Outpost is also disposable as well.

1. E-O needs to go, even though I do love MJ.
2. Re-open WOL with new attractions and exhibits.
3. Revamp UOE. Probably would take a while to clean out Ellen but would be worth it if they built a quality attraction.
4. New and more relevant Soarin' film to Florida or East Coast.
5. Revamp Imagination.

I would totally agree. Imagination is a wasteland and needs a complete reboot. Seriously (though I love MJ/EO too). And Ellen? That was just never cool, sorry.

After a loooong time I finally got to ride Soarin' last time I was there (once in my life, total). I don't see the appeal. I like the idea of rotating the loop so you never know what you'll get - and in this day and age, there's no excuse for worn, grainy film. Unfortunately, IMAX cameras use film, which I assume was used to make these. Let's move beyond California. There's a biiiig world out there. I'd even be happy with a zoom around WDW!

Countries. Hello?! I don't know about Israel, Africa and other rumors that have existed since EC opened... But something new would be nice. There's room, certainly. I can understand that they might not want to do Africa or Asia as it might compete with AK. Russia would be cool.

Tim_4

$DIS should hire a team specifically to seek out corporations for sponsorship. They could budget x amount for the revamp of FW and go get the rest from sponsors. Imagine if they filled FW with killer attractions that actually deserved the name FW.
They have one. It's called "Alliance Development."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom