Mystery Project at Epcot

ctxak98

Its funny going on the boat ride now because when I was little ALL I wanted was for the Mexico Boat ride to include the 3 Caballeros. And now that they finally are! I really don't like it lol. I miss the old ride with the more historic feel of mexico. I still love the 3 Caballeros but maybe add them in somewhere else instead of changing the boat ride!

BoarderPhreak

It's easy to see the appeal of putting their characters to work and being more engaging for kids with their Three Caballeros reboot, but I don't know - it's a bit... Lame. The ride was about Mexico and its culture. Now it's just a background for the character's high jinx. The message has shifted also; a recurring theme at Epcot. Less "edutainment" and more "thrill." It's easier to maintain (no keeping up to date) and appeals to more people, on average. So yes - "dumbing it down."

Brought to you by the same minds that decided to feature actors in everything. <cough>Ellen</cough>

Genie of the Lamp

As I'm listening to the podcast and participating in discussion here, Rees said he is working on a couple projects, not just this mystery one. Whether they all apply to Disney or not who knows. For anyone who wants to listen to the podcast I'll link the site here:
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/b/a/1/ba1b35...1ce3dae902ea1d01ce843ed8cf5b71aa&c_id=5474490

Edit: Definitely not a new Canada film. Had a meeting with Disney/TDO about this (mystery project) a couple days ago. Advocating a cinemagicque 2.0 with NG technology/elements. Here's his website he metioned in the podcast:
http://jerryrees.com/page1/page1.html

The mystery attraction listed their now is Mystic Manor. Once that opens, he'll update it to show the mystery attraction for EPCOT opening in 2015. My guess is that it has to deal with a new film*replacing an existing*film attraction. Mentioned Imagination albeit in the podcast but didn't sound too convincing for me that a overhaul/redo of Imagination seems pluasible at this point. The podcast is about 1.5-2 hrs. long in time length.

ctxak98

It's easy to see the appeal of putting their characters to work and being more engaging for kids with their Three Caballeros reboot, but I don't know - it's a bit... Lame. The ride was about Mexico and its culture. Now it's just a background for the character's high jinx. The message has shifted also; a recurring theme at Epcot. Less "edutainment" and more "thrill." It's easier to maintain (no keeping up to date) and appeals to more people, on average. So yes - "dumbing it down."
If they would have incorporated the characters more and maybe had them give you a real tour of mexico it might have been better! IMO. Now its a ride through of images from mexico with jose carioca and Panchito chasing Donald! DUMB!!!!

NewtoDisney2009

Argh, it terrifies me whenever I hear of Epcot 'mystery projects'... not only does it mean that Disney might take an existing attraction and make it worse (as they did with Journey into the Imagination, Spaceship Earth, Horizons/Mission Space), but Captain EO is always rumored to be on the chopping block! I think I am the only person who loves that attraction, and that makes me so sad!
I loved Captain EO! My husband and I found the whole thing nostalgic and quite hilarious.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
You get used to it.
Or not.
Some of us are still fool enough to stay glued to our iPads for days after each new rumour announcement, just in case, this time, they actually mean something.
Some of these announcements/rumours have celebrated first and second birthdays already.
And yet, here I sit hitting refresh, over and over again.

lazyboy97o

This could very easily be a movie swap-out that Disney PR will spin as the biggest thing since sliced bread ... or the iPhone.
This is most likely the case. Rees is a director. He did the new O! Canada film. But instead of listening to the actual interview on what is by far the best themed entertainment podcast, it seems playing Armchair Imagineer is more fun.

CinematicFusion

If it was up to me, I would redo the imagination pavilion.

I would keep the Imagination theme and redo it using the
"How to series" of the 1950's starring Mickey, Minnie, goofy ,Donald and
Pluto. they would be exploring how the Disney imagineers have created art into the realities of the parks.

This keeps with the educational aspect of the park, it does it in a funny, exciting, emotional, and thrilling way...and it brings the main Disney characters To the Epcot park.

Never know where your imagination will take you.
Lps ride tech...trackless ride

I Think there is a world of possibilities with this concept, you could have figment even make a guest appearance.

doctornick

I would love to see Ratatouille make his way further into France with an actual attraction. World Showcase needs a family friendly attraction and he would fit in France perfectly.

I'm not opposed to characters in Epcot, but I think it needs to fit into the sensibility. I like Remy in Chefs, for example, and thing it's a nice little touch.

On that note, I'd be happy with a ride in France where Remy is the "host" or a small component, but where the focus is on France itself. I'm less enthused by a ride specifically about Remy -- that would be better in DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom