Mystery Project at Epcot

Mammymouse

Please save futureworld. Anything has got to be better then forgotten part of EPCOT. I just cant believe they can not get any sponsors for these attractions. I mean are there no more forward looking companies out there that would like to showcase there companies product.

I can think of a couple - Apple or Microsoft - aren't they are suppost to have more money than anybody in the world? I thought all the "big boys" socialized with each other so why hasn't Mr. Iger been able to entice one of them?

Skooterkid

Argh, it terrifies me whenever I hear of Epcot 'mystery projects'... not only does it mean that Disney might take an existing attraction and make it worse (as they did with Journey into the Imagination, Spaceship Earth, Horizons/Mission Space), but Captain EO is always rumored to be on the chopping block! I think I am the only person who loves that attraction, and that makes me so sad!

Marc Gil

Argh, it terrifies me whenever I hear of Epcot 'mystery projects'... not only does it mean that Disney might take an existing attraction and make it worse (as they did with Journey into the Imagination, Spaceship Earth, Horizons/Mission Space), but Captain EO is always rumored to be on the chopping block! I think I am the only person who loves that attraction, and that makes me so sad!
No, I love me some MJ, and Hooter. And I always liked Anjelica Huston

michmousefan

That could be another possibility.

Rees is a director. Why would he be involved in a restaurant? I guess they could do something like Animation Magic which he did for the new cruise ships.

Level the 3D theater (3D movies are everywhere these days, even my zoo has a 4D theater), and build an imagination-themed 2-level restaurant like Animation Magic... with outdoor rooftop viewing for Illuminations.

Of course, it might help to have a revised Imagination main attraction to tie it to...

juniorthomas

Just saw this on screamscape, apparently the Disney Parks director Jerry Rees mentioned in an interview for a podcast that there is something in the works for Epcot:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_epcot.htm#2015

Haven't listened to the audio yet, just read the article. Has anyone heard anything about this? This is exciting news for me if it's true, because I'm of the opinion that Epcot and AK need the love a lot more than DHS.
Anyone know how long it took TDO to build M:S? If they're planning on opening a new project at Epcot in 2 years or so, I'm guessing it won't be an E-ticket. (Unless they've been in active development for the past few years already)

Pentacat

It's probably just the rumored restaurant that is going into Morocco, continuing project "move the restaurants to the water's edge and clutter up the view." How much longer before we see a Viking ship themed water side restaurant in Norway? On second, thought that might actually be cool.

The state of FW is just sad, Disney treats it like Congress treats Social Security. It's too expensive to fix it right so let's not bother trying.

Cliff Racer

Apple has enough cash on hand to tare down and re-build Epcot from scratch 10 to 20 times over.

Dan
And the reason they have so much cash is because they don't do things like tearing down and rebuilding EPCOT, they don't even give much of anything to charity (I know they were in the news ten or so years ago for eliminating all of it, compared to Gates who gives millions a years.) I suspect that the reason Disney has a hard time attracting sponsors is because the attractions rarely ever actually convince people to purchase or invest in the sponsors products.

CDavid

Relax....what they are going to do is build some small pads into the lake to make more room for Food and Wine kiosks...which will now be open all year, turning EPCOT into one big outdoor bar....

and yes, I'm kidding....:p

Too close to the truth to be truly funny...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom