MyMagic+ testing beginning with limited number of Annual Passholders during the next few weeks

doctornick

Passholders can use FP+ more than 7 days out of every 60 days. They just can only have 7 days reserved at any one point. Once they use/cancel any of those 7 days, they can reserve more days. It would be possible for a passholder to use FP+ 365 days a year, if they so choose, they just could only have 7 days reserved at any one point in time.

71jason

As an AP, I'd rather they went with the 42 days a year plan. There are lifestylers who are going to make FP reservations every day, almost as a goof or as a way of "feeling the magic" even tho they're in [Insert Other State Here], with little to no plans of using them.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Check out an interesting story from our friends over at Westcoaster called

"FP+ and Annual Passholders…"

The gist of it is that annual passholders will only get to use Fastpass+ 7 out of every 60 days.

Why create new attractions when you can simply make current attractions more rare? The pattern continues - collect more money by making it harder to do the things you have always done.

Pirates of the Caribbean - the new Club 33.

Truer words were never spoken.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's already been said, but I'm amazed (I probably shouldn't be) that they are finally making a move on extending the privaledge to AP ..... And the complaints continue.

I'm more amazed that people are so complacent they'll happily take any bone Disney throws them.

Gone are the days when Disney amazes you.. now you're just supposed to be happy Disney even acknowledges you I guess.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
APs get to use it when not staying in a resort. And you're still complaining?

We do REALLY - I have a premier passport which Disney was UNABLE to link to my deluxe resort stay on TWO TRIPS last year. Unfortunately for me the resorts were doing the MB test both times. Spent something like 12 hours on phone, got bupkis for my troubles. As far as I'm concerned MM+ is a steaming pile of c--p.

I guess it has improved since August when you were allowed to pick 1 attraction and system chose the remainder for you.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I'm more amazed that people are so complacent they'll happily take any bone Disney throws them.

Gone are the days when Disney amazes you.. now you're just supposed to be happy Disney even acknowledges you I guess.

The servile attitude towards DIsney never ceases to amaze me, Disney has long since ceased to amaze, but it took NGE to bring that into sharp focus.

JohnD

I'm amazed at the doom-and-gloomers around here. They finally open up a test for APs and complaining commences without even taking part in the test and having the validity to actually provide feedback (and complain if you want) afterward. So to like or even try anything Disney is "complacent", meaning the only other choice is to be miserable. How terribly pessimistic of you. I have no doubt, I'll take part in a test and there may be things I wish they would improve. But I"m not going to sit around and moan and groan about it before I even take part. I think I'll try it out and determine for myself, thank you.

NearTheEars

I've been a little upset about having to wait so long for access, especially since we were promised it what seems like ages ago. Luckily, we still were able to get paper FP up until recently.

Its just for weeks folks have been saying "I can't believe they're doing nothing." And then they announce they are going to begin a test and then boom, "I can't believe we will get a new card."

I agree 100% about the anger over the failure to deliver on a promise in a reasonable amount of time. It stunk feeling left out of the process.

However, having an extra plastic card on me while I use my MB (hooked to my wrist, or maybe my pin lanyard) as my ticket media won't be that big of an inconvenience to me. Especially since I will be able to book the FP+ in advance for our frequent day trips and not have to wake up so early to get their at rope drop and run to a machine. :)

That convenience, IMO, outweighs carrying around a discount/parking card.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm amazed at the doom-and-gloomers around here. They finally open up a test for APs and complaining commences without even taking part in the test and having the validity to actually provide feedback (and complain if you want) afterward.

Because you don't get credit for just showing up.

So to like or even try anything Disney is "complacent", meaning the only other choice is to be miserable

Only in your word of 'us' and them...
Ironically you are the one being dismissive of my opinion because it doesn't match your own. You have yet to acknowledge or address any of the concerns mentioned... instead you have now (what.. 4 times?) just come back with trying to paint anyone who doesn't fall in line as negative, complainers, doom & gloomers, etc. So instead of trying to paint a negative picture of people - how about you actually address the topic?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Its just for weeks folks have been saying "I can't believe they're doing nothing." And then they announce they are going to begin a test and then boom, "I can't believe we will get a new card."

I don't think it's such a bad thing to expect Disney to actually make your experience BETTER... not burden you the customer.

However, having an extra plastic card on me while I use my MB (hooked to my wrist, or maybe my pin lanyard) as my ticket media won't be that big of an inconvenience to me. Especially since I will be able to book the FP+ in advance for our frequent day trips and not have to wake up so early to get their at rope drop and run to a machine. :)

That convenience, IMO, outweighs carrying around a discount/parking card.

See... you're just so eager to get FP+ and not be left out... that you're just willing to take whatever negatives Disney burdens you with.

Step back and think... wow, remember when all we needed was this one card.. and it did everything? Disney even came up with this double meaning name... Key to the World... Now, years later, and hundreds of millions of dollars.. we are promised an integrated experience.. that simplifies everything.. so why is it the number of 'keys' I have somehow keeps increasing??

NearTheEars

We do REALLY - I have a premier passport which Disney was UNABLE to link to my deluxe resort stay on TWO TRIPS last year. Unfortunately for me the resorts were doing the MB test both times. Spent something like 12 hours on phone, got bupkis for my troubles. As far as I'm concerned MM+ is a steaming pile of c--p.

I think maybe you should copy the above and place it in your signature so you don't have to type it out for every thread on this subject. You're fingers have to be getting tired by now.

Seriously, though, it stinks that you are stuck in limbo like this. Unfortunately, with all the issues they are having with regular vacationers, the small number of folks that own a Premier ticket is not on their radar yet. I hope that once they do address the issue that you receive some sort of compensation.

JohnD

Because you don't get credit for just showing up.

Only in your word of 'us' and them...
Ironically you are the one being dismissive of my opinion because it doesn't match your own. You have yet to acknowledge or address any of the concerns mentioned... instead you have now (what.. 4 times?) just come back with trying to paint anyone who doesn't fall in line as negative, complainers, doom & gloomers, etc. So instead of trying to paint a negative picture of people - how about you actually address the topic?

Okay, then let's have an honest discussion. You're concerned about extra cards or something like that. I, for one, don't mind extra cards. Bring them on. MBs are a convenience to get you around the parks, to charge, etc. Having cards is your "failsafe" should your MB not work or you lose it (which I have). So, what is it that you're concerned about? I, for one, wouldn't mind trying out the AP test. That's what it is -- a test. But somehow anyone trying out the test makes them "complacent". But if you don't take part in the test, there is no legitimate feedback to Disney. What am I missing here?

NearTheEars

Step back and think... wow, remember when all we needed was this one card.. and it did everything? Disney even came up with this double meaning name... Key to the World... Now, years later, and hundreds of millions of dollars.. we are promised an integrated experience.. that simplifies everything.. so why is it the number of 'keys' I have somehow keeps increasing??

I understand where you're coming from, but if I stepped back in time (well, if future MB-wearing me stepped back in time) I wouldn't be able to select FP early, at a great convenience for us, and the way we tour the parks. So still, that convenience will trump one plastic card for everything for me.

I would hope, that at some point, TDO would simplify the process back to just one media. Like you said, they've shown it can be done before.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I understand where you're coming from, but if I stepped back in time (well, if future MB-wearing me stepped back in time) I wouldn't be able to select FP early, at a great convenience for us, and the way we tour the parks. So still, that convenience will trump one plastic card for everything for me.

Ok, so you are looking at this as purely from a 'me as a customer' role. I'm looking at this as a 'Disney as an organization' view as well as 'me as a customer'.

Disney promoted the band as this 'one band to rule them all...' type of theory. But they keep falling further and further from that vision. The letdown is that Disney is failing to deliver. My disappointment is with the execution from the company. Some people are just happy to be 'included'. To me this test is more than simply 'getting FP+ reservations...' - I'm looking beyond that point. Others are too focused at their feet.

durangojim

I think maybe you should copy the above and place it in your signature so you don't have to type it out for every thread on this subject. You're fingers have to be getting tired by now.

Seriously, though, it stinks that you are stuck in limbo like this. Unfortunately, with all the issues they are having with regular vacationers, the small number of folks that own a Premier ticket is not on their radar yet. I hope that once they do address the issue that you receive some sort of compensation.
We've had a Premier pass since March of last year. They linked it up with our MDE profile in Sept and I haven't had a problem since. I must just be lucky.

NearTheEars

Ok, so you are looking at this as purely from a 'me as a customer' role.

Yes, that is 100% correct.

I will say though, for a resort guest, the band is designed to be all in one: It's your ticket, FP+ access, room key and payment option.

The only people its not all in one for right now will be the AP in the test who will need the plastic card for discounts and parking. And offsite guests who have to use the kiosk.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Okay, then let's have an honest discussion. You're concerned about extra cards or something like that. I, for one, don't mind extra cards. Bring them on

It's more than just having to carry a card. It's the idea that their 'single token to rule them all' is failing to deliver. It's that Disney as an organization seems to be having to double back mid-rollout for applications that should have been clear as day up front (the idea that APs exist and have certain perks). It's things like 'why do I need another form of proof when the first form of proof clearly shows it'. It's Disney promoting something, and then failing to execute on that.

MBs are a convenience to get you around the parks, to charge, etc

and as an AP - what besides being on your wrist instead of the laynard has the MB shown to be as a convenience for you? Think it through.. list them out.

But somehow anyone trying out the test makes them "complacent".

Not even close to what was said

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes, that is 100% correct.

I will say though, for a resort guest, the band is designed to be all in one: It's your ticket, FP+ access, room key and payment option.

The only people its not all in one for right now will be the AP in the test who will need the plastic card for discounts and parking. And offsite guests who have to use the kiosk.

Flip it around.. and say 'I have this AP card... what does the MB offer me'. Try coming up with a list of things it does for you the AP card does not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom